Henrik_imp
Been there
Lots of nice trucks, but I think a car would also qualify. Here is the CB next to my 1969 Mini Automatic, with the Monkey from 1974 thrown in for good measure:
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
good night that looks like a small carHenrik_imp said:Lots of nice trucks, but I think a car would also qualify. Here is the CB next to my 1969 Mini Automatic, with the Monkey from 1974 thrown in for good measure:
![]()
Great racing, despite their diminutive size.The ferret_imp said:lol less horsepower than a CB1100...0-60 in 11 seconds... GET OUTTA THE WAY!

Heh, heh, ... It is like watching toy cars.Bazbro_imp said:Great racing, despite their diminutive size.The ferret_imp said:lol less horsepower than a CB1100...0-60 in 11 seconds... GET OUTTA THE WAY!

always love to see a car parked next to a bike with more horsepower...lol.Henrik_imp said:Lots of nice trucks, but I think a car would also qualify. Here is the CB next to my 1969 Mini Automatic, with the Monkey from 1974 thrown in for good measure:
![]()

Actually it is BMW who makes the new Mini. I totally agree that there is nothing Mini about them, but I still really like them. If nothing else, they are somewhat original in comparison to all the other "small" cars you can buy today. Here is some perspective between the original, and a new cabriolet and a Countryman:Bazbro_imp said:The early Minis (introduced in 1958, by the way!) were just 848cc!!
It seated four in relative comfort; cruised at 70 if necessary, and out-handled most sports cars of the day. It won the Monte Carlo Rally, too. Most families in the UK have owned at least one in the family over the years - I've owned two, a Mini 1000 saloon and a 1275cc Mini GT estate. Great little cars, killed off by enhanced "safety regs" and emissions.
The car was so good that VolksWagen stole the styling cues and have made something that they call "Mini". It's s very good car but... It's huge! There's nothing "mini" about it!
The designer of the original, Sir Alex Issigonis, must be turning in his grave.![]()


The mini appears to be in really good body shape.Henrik_imp said:Lots of nice trucks, but I think a car would also qualify. Here is the CB next to my 1969 Mini Automatic, with the Monkey from 1974 thrown in for good measure:
![]()
That's what I mean - the original Mini was revolutionary. VERY small but all sorts of space-saving features abounded, like tiny wheels, no linings in the doors, sliding windows, Hydrolastic (rubber) suspension and so on. The engines were gradually upped, with John Cooper performance variations too, from 848cc, 997, 998, 1071 and 1275 engine sizes.The ferret_imp said:wow the green one looks so tiny, like a toy really.

I know! Even more so using a tilt-shift filter:The ferret_imp said:wow the green one looks so tiny, like a toy really.
That's what I mean - the original Mini was revolutionary. VERY small but all sorts of space-saving features abounded, like tiny wheels, no linings in the doors, sliding windows, Hydrolastic (rubber) suspension and so on. The engines were gradually upped, with John Cooper performance variations too, from 848cc, 997, 998, 1071 and 1275 engine sizes.Bazbro_imp said:That's what I mean - the original Mini was revolutionary. VERY small but all sorts of space-saving features abounded, like tiny wheels, no linings in the doors, sliding windows, Hydrolastic (rubber) suspension and so on. The engines were gradually upped, with John Cooper performance variations too, from 848cc, 997, 998, 1071 and 1275 engine sizes.The ferret_imp said:wow the green one looks so tiny, like a toy really.
But then BMW have taken this unique, superb concept, pinched a few styling cues to put on their new MID-SIZED car and called it... a MINI!! Darned cheek of it!!
The new Mini is a darned good car, don't get me wrong, but the original Mini was such a British style icon, it's a bit of a choker!![]()
