CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tezza, do you still have the T250?
 
Tezza_imp said:
My first new bike. Suzuki T250 1969.
780cfa457648c26d08dc2555064c3e70.jpg

New Cb1100 taken in 2011 with daughter and grandson.
68af8027c5d1052d12a07ca62c22e4b5.jpg
That is a fantastic time trip capture Tezza. Was the picture taken circa 1969? Nevertheless, we are so fortunate to be able capture moments. This is wonderfully sharp and vivid, given the era.

Thank you for sharing.
 
This was my first bike (not the actual bike) a 1965 Harley/Aermacchi 50cc 3 speed on the left hand grip 2 stroke I bought new in 1965. I don't have any pictures of me from the time. My parents had them, they passed away, and I don't know what happened to them.

6ac64b6318d079addf02ebf683c0121d.jpg


This picture is from 1972 and is one of the earliest surviving photos I have. My 1956 Harley Panhead chopper my brother and I built in the basement of our mom & dads house. We did all the work on it, modifying the frame and filling it in, painting, chroming, wheel lacing, wiring. I sold it a year later to buy a 1973 RD 350.

88de319047f25cb64b2139a5724f411a.jpg


When I got married I started touring seriously on a 1977 Kawasaki KZ1000. Here is my wife and I headed for Florida that same year. Vetter Fairing w/lowers, Eclipse tank bag, Kawasaki saddlebags and a way overloaded K&G rear luggage rack lol

07153f2e88f65980cd3f969072fdc5cf.jpg


Today I ride a 2014 DLX, simply one of the best bikes of the 30 street bikes I have owned

300cb2201cc4e8394ba89c61556dafe8.jpg
 
The ferret_imp said:
This was my first bike (not the actual bike) a 1965 Harley/Aermacchi 50cc 3 speed on the left hand grip 2 stroke I bought new in 1965. I don't have any pictures of me from the time. My parents had them, they passed away, and I don't know what happened to them.

6ac64b6318d079addf02ebf683c0121d.jpg


This picture is from 1972 and is one of the earliest surviving photos I have. My 1956 Harley Panhead chopper my brother and I built in the basement of our mom & dads house. We did all the work on it, modifying the frame and filling it in, painting, chroming, wheel lacing, wiring. I sold it a year later to buy a 1973 RD 350.

88de319047f25cb64b2139a5724f411a.jpg


When I got married I started touring seriously on a 1977 Kawasaki KZ1000. Here is my wife and I headed for Florida that same year. Vetter Fairing w/lowers, Eclipse tank bag, Kawasaki saddlebags and a way overloaded K&G rear luggage rack lol

07153f2e88f65980cd3f969072fdc5cf.jpg


Today I ride a 2014 DLX, simply one of the best bikes of the 30 street bikes I have owned

300cb2201cc4e8394ba89c61556dafe8.jpg
My brother had one of those Windjammer fairings on his CB550 (which I'm sitting on in my 1978 picture, and he is sitting on shirtless in my profile thumbnail).

Great flashback pics, everyone! :clap:
 
The ferret_imp said:
This was my first bike (not the actual bike) a 1965 Harley/Aermacchi 50cc 3 speed on the left hand grip 2 stroke I bought new in 1965. I don't have any pictures of me from the time. My parents had them, they passed away, and I don't know what happened to them.

6ac64b6318d079addf02ebf683c0121d.jpg


This picture is from 1972 and is one of the earliest surviving photos I have. My 1956 Harley Panhead chopper my brother and I built in the basement of our mom & dads house. We did all the work on it, modifying the frame and filling it in, painting, chroming, wheel lacing, wiring. I sold it a year later to buy a 1973 RD 350.

88de319047f25cb64b2139a5724f411a.jpg


When I got married I started touring seriously on a 1977 Kawasaki KZ1000. Here is my wife and I headed for Florida that same year. Vetter Fairing w/lowers, Eclipse tank bag, Kawasaki saddlebags and a way overloaded K&G rear luggage rack lol

07153f2e88f65980cd3f969072fdc5cf.jpg


Today I ride a 2014 DLX, simply one of the best bikes of the 30 street bikes I have owned

300cb2201cc4e8394ba89c61556dafe8.jpg
That looked like a fun ride there. A great shot, really. I mean the bike. :)
 
zbillster_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Suggestion:

Show your CB in the snow. :)
Best I can do ... it's 78 degrees F here in North Texas. :D

0f425e9892692b1feada27a8b2f8a4ba.jpg


(Don't hate me too much ... was in the 20s a few days ago!)
Best I can do ... it's 78 degrees F here in North Texas. :D

c48dea2b0935227f1ef22174e6df82ee.jpg


(Don't hate me too much ... was in the 20s a few days ago!)
Naw. We would only be perturbed if you were getting ice to keep the cans chilled while you lay back in the lawn chair.
 
Thread starter
What a great idea for the March Challenge! Great pictures, too!

It looks to me like GoldOxide submitted his pix first so he gets to choose the topic for April, yes April is finally upon us.
 
Ha, thanks EmptySea, but I am disqualified because the "present" image I used was publicized in a prior month (before March).

The real April candidate is zbillster.
 
To assist zbillster and future challenge choosers, I have compiled the historical record to make it easier to avoid duplication of past challenge topics. This might be a good candidate for a "sticky" that can be updated as we go so that newcomers (for example) don't have to necessarily read the entire 140+ pages before coming up with a challenge subject.

CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge History

*** 2017
January (post #1) EmptySea – CB in front of a statue
February (post #62) InhouseBob – with a non-domesticated animal
March (post #101) Ben70 – in front of/on/under/next to a bridge
April (post #195) Wisedrum – at a gathering
May (post #252) The Ferret – by any body of water except a puddle
June (post #305) c-breezy – in front of an historic building, site, or structure
July (post #344) stateboy – with the setting sun (and specific requirements)
August (post #377) EmptySea – your CB1100 (& preferebly you) with a 2nd CB1100 in frame
September (post #439) Cormanus – your CB with a train in the shot
October (post #480) GaryMNM – your CB and Fall colors
November (post #544) RockHop – CB with your state and U.S. Flag (or foreign equivalent)
December (post #583) The Ferret – CB in front of a church
*** 2018
January (post #641) RockHop – CB with sign featuring an interesting river name
February (post #678) EmptySea – CB in front of tallest building in town
March (post #728) AussieFlyer – CB in front of an industrial backdrop
April (post #810) Rock Hop – CB with a windmill
May (post #903) noroomtomove – CB & the Moon
June (post #943) Mscb1100 – in front of a tamale restaurant with “Tamale” in the name
July (post #993) RockHop – with signs of town names such as at city limits
August (post #1060) EmptySea – recreate a Honda advertisement
September (post #1078) The Ferret – with the next generation sitting atop your CB
October (post #1112) Ben70 – with a vintage or defunct gas station
November (post #1180) noroomtomove – with a tree of significance
December (post #1247) dUh! - CB in front of a festive holiday scene
*** 2019
January (post #1294) noroomtomove - “Rock”
February (post #1322) zbillster – in front of an antique/junk shop
March (post #1354) mtneers – Present & Past
April (post #)
 
Wow that's awesome Bob!.. Great job, Thanks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top