CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best thing I EVER did in my life was NEVER to start smoking , saved me from a lot of health problems and saved me a lot of money to spend on motorcycles !
 
Houtman_imp said:
Best thing I EVER did in my life was NEVER to start smoking , saved me from a lot of health problems and saved me a lot of money to spend on motorcycles !
So many people I know and have known who did not smoke, but their partners or family members did. Lest not forget the non-smokers.
 
Houtman_imp said:
Best thing I EVER did in my life was NEVER to start smoking , saved me from a lot of health problems and saved me a lot of money to spend on motorcycles !
I wish I had never started. All of those years of wasted money and it sure didn't help my health. Quitting was one of the hardest things I have done but also one of the most rewarding.
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Best thing I EVER did in my life was NEVER to start smoking , saved me from a lot of health problems and saved me a lot of money to spend on motorcycles !
I wish I had never started. All of those years of wasted money and it sure didn't help my health. Quitting was one of the hardest things I have done but also one of the most rewarding.
I wish I had never started. All of those years of wasted money and it sure didn't help my health. Quitting was one of the hardest things I have done but also one of the most rewarding. Well done for quitting , it is easier for a person to stop smoking than it is when the smoking stops you.
 
Speaking of lungs, I heard effective yesterday that Ontario finally scrapped the "Drive Clean Test" for automobiles.

Ontario added mandatory testing of heavy duty diesel vehicles seven years and older to undergo emission testing. I can't count how many times on the bike and in a cage trapped behind a heavy emitting diesel vehicle. The particulate is worse than smoking. I just don't know if the program covers heavy duty pick-up trucks, who it seems at times, are the worst offenders. Based on the program outline, it also seems that offending VW Golfs and ancient Volvos are off the hook. :( Maybe that will change.
 
What no easter pics? Lets get back on subject here.
 
Not sure about down south, but the past few daze up here the weather has been marginal in many ways. I almost pulled the trigger this morning, but riding for an hour at 1C in the morning + windchill with passive insulation gear made it disagreeable. However, if I did, I had the bike and the eggs all ready.

It did hurt to finally decide. :-/
 
Every month of the year its riding season somewhere in the world and we have members there. It may not be good weather for you guy in Canada, but probably is in Fla, Texas, Az, Cal, and other places around the globe now.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Every month of the year its riding season somewhere in the world and we have members there. It may not be good weather for you guy in Canada, but probably is in Fla, Texas, Az, Cal, and other places around the globe now.
Ah ya, FL, TX, and my favourites: AZ and CA. Indeed, it has been quiet lately.

Lol ... maybe its too hot already.
 
Although it is April we still have snow on the ground. The roads are wet from melting snowbanks. Those puddles are laced with road salt which is not good for the alloy parts on our CBs.

I will wait for my birthday in early May when the leaves on the trees are beginning to open. By then the snow is gone, the salt is washed away, and the temperature allows me to remain comfortable if I dress properly in winter clothing.

Riding in cottage country is quiet, but the rural back roads have sand left over from winter road maintenance. Towards the end of the month the people with boat trailers will be out scattering gravel from the shoulders onto the road way.

My favourite month of the year to ride is June. Everything is green and clean. By then the road hazards are gone, except for the occasional big black 4-wheel drive pick-up truck over the line cornering or cresting a hill. And it no longer takes 20 minutes to squeeze into my riding gear.
 
Thread starter
I think this came up once before and I passed the subject-making baton to the person who submitted the second photo for the previous month's subject. However, as GO pointed out, zbillster did offer up a subject: "Easter"
 
HigginsNYC, is that picture an entry in the monthly photo comp?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top