CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did someone say 'Midnight Special'?

493009676ae7cfa31010c92871b70adf.jpg
 
Oh ya! Put some stubbies on the rims, maybe a chain around the rear rubber, a human rib cage around the front cylinder and you've got sumthin' mad, Max.




(I didn't realize there was a Midnight Special Virago ... 920?)

... or is that a custom MS? :)
 
No idea, mate. I found it in a car park recently.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nice cross-section zbillster. Some midnight special?
The first two are in Farmersville ... they had outdoor speakers playing 50s tunes at night which could be heard all through the historic red brick streets of downtown. The shop with red lights rotated colors. The last two in McKinney historic downtown ... typically well lit. The day started in the 60 F range but dropped to 45 F by the time I got home. Careful eyes will spot the power cord to my heated jacket liner. :D
 
Thread starter
February is coming to a close and I will be out of town when it closes so this is a head’s up to mtneers that it’s his turn to pic a photo subject for March. I’ve reposted the original guidelines to save the uninitiated a little time.

EmptySea_imp said:
The Challenge: A user (the first one will be yours truly) will pick a location, landmark, geographical feature, etc. to serve as the backdrop for your photo. Users will then post photos meeting the requirement in this thread for our ogling pleasure. The first user to submit a qualifying photo chooses the backdrop for the following month's challenge.

The goal: To encourage users to get out and ride and to document those rides with photos and, most of all, to have a little fun with the whole process.

The Rules:
1. The CB1100 must be the featured bike in the photo. Caption the photo with the date and the location.
2. Feel free to alter your photo to make it look better, but don't cut and paste into another photo just to qualify.
3. The photos should be new photos, not something you had on file and especially not something you posted elsewhere in this forum.
4. You may post multiple qualifying pictures in a month, but the background has to be different (ex. you can post two pictures of your bike in front of a train station, but they have to show two different stations)
5. Not really a rule, but don't stop trying to get a picture for a particular month just because someone beat you to the first post for that month. We want to see lots of pictures.
6. The same user cannot pick the photo subject on consecutive months. If the first photo comes from the same user that posted the first photo in the prior month, the second user posting a photo will get to pick the next background subject.

Truly, 6 rules are probably 5 too many. Just go with the spirit of this challenge and get out and ride your motorcycle!
January Challenge (from EmptySea):

Let's see your CB1100 in front of a statue. Ready? Go!
 
....I just got PM from Florida member requesting CDN snow shipment by FedEx-Same Day Delivery ... we are in the business GO :P

675a555e7cd2448c8c6102507bcf04da.jpg


c29eed929cab0557cab68f9a62e46cd2.jpg
 
Lol - Heck PB, you'll be sending your "cooling powder" to north shore Lake Ontario before your riding season resumes in May. :cool:

'mericans have technology called air conditioners to stay cool. :)
 
PRESENT AND PAST

Post a present picture of your Cb with a background of your choice and then post a second picture of yourself from your younger days, perhaps with your first Honda or other bike. For example,
38de82562b5146363a3022615955cd0b.jpg
61543d71bbc9d4ed48966a3b8b504e0f.jpg
52551b117e311a6133c50ae9d0411872.jpg


Mine doesn’t count because all photos are archive photos.
414b8b48f51a72638b49d4f634c60a3f.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Posted for challenge fun only ... no telling when the next ride is.

PRESENT: My 2014 CB1100 in Winter 2019:



PAST: My 1984 CB750SC (Nighthawk) late 1980's:



(I have no idea what I was mumbling to myself, but that shaft made me a happy rider.)
 
should have lost the glasses and kept the hair zbillster :rofl:

(Like I should talk :()
 
The ferret_imp said:
should have lost the glasses and kept the hair zbillster :rofl:

(Like I should talk :()
My thin, wimpy, stringy hair was always such a pain ... don't miss keeping up with 70s fashions at all! Ugh, it drove me nuts!

Actually I started using the beard trimmer on my head for DIY haircuts after getting back into motorcycling ... helmet hair is not pretty. :D

Now I'm just wondering what to do with my five blow dryers ... :huh:
 
I understand, since I started wearing my hair buzzed life has been infiniltly easier, although I do miss my hair.

Darlin', give me a head with hair, long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming, steaming, flaxen, waxen
Give me down to there hair, shoulder length or longer
Here, baby, there, momma, everywhere, daddy, daddy
Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it, long as God can grow it, my hair.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top