CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ferret_imp said:
RockHop_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Way to go Mscb. I have to wonder why people would put a fake windmill in their yard. They are not cute, like the deer. They are not pretty, like flowers. Beats a used ceramic toilet though ( I have seen those too)
Ferret - better hope the Windmill Anti-Defamation League never gets "wind" of this ...:rofl:

Fortunately, you didn't call them whirligigs.
Ferret - better hope the Windmill Anti-Defamation League never gets "wind" of this ...:rofl:

Fortunately, you didn't call them whirligigs.
:rofl: My wife says I am naive about lots of things. I see something and wonder why people would do it, and she just tells me how naive I am and that people are just different and like different things.
Ferret - better hope the Windmill Anti-Defamation League never gets "wind" of this ...:rofl:

Fortunately, you didn't call them whirligigs.
:rofl: My wife says I am naive about lots of things. I see something and wonder why people would do it, and she just tells me how naive I am and that people are just different and like different things.
Actually, I think most of us are like that.

However, to broaden your horizons, you could visit the Mid-America Windmill Museum in Kendalville, IN (north of Fort Wayne). Windmills are quite fascinating and more complicated than you might think. Take lots of pictures.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Way to go Mscb. I have to wonder why people would put a fake windmill in their yard. They are not cute, like the deer. They are not pretty, like flowers. Beats a used ceramic toilet though ( I have seen those too)
My wife thinks yard ornament windmills are adorable. I had to paint ours John Deere Green just fr her.
 
redbirds_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Way to go Mscb. I have to wonder why people would put a fake windmill in their yard. They are not cute, like the deer. They are not pretty, like flowers. Beats a used ceramic toilet though ( I have seen those too)
My wife thinks yard ornament windmills are adorable. I had to paint ours John Deere Green just fr her.
John Deere. the only green on the Georgian rainbow.
 
Thread starter
OK... the first two, I see the windmill, but not in the second two. Are these examples of those "unfocus your eyes" pictures?? ;)
 
Between the last two pecan trees to the right lol, I was so proud I found one at all here in bayou country I had to post it. I couldn't get too close they start shooting....not really :P
 
EmptySea_imp said:
ummmm what's a pecan tree? ;)
It's a tree that, if you look closely, you can see something else pecan through the leaves. :D
 
Was it this one, InhouseBob?

A Texas farmer, on a tour Down Under, was talking to a bloke about his ranch back home. “It’s so big”, he said, “that I can start driving from one side at sun rise and not have reached the other at nightfall.”

The bloke took a a sip from his beer, nodded, and said, “I had a car like that once.”

On the matter of farm sizes, it is, of course, the Chinese, who now lay claim to the largest farm on the planet. The Mudanjiang City Mega Farm in Heilongjiang, China, manages an astounding 22,500,000 acres. Australia’s largest, Anna Creek Stationacres. For more information, see Biggest Farms In The World
 
Some friends and I were invited to hunt a big ranch down in south Texas. High fenced of course like most Texas ranches. When we got there the owner insisted on driving us around in his pick-up to show us the layout of the ranch. We got back to the ranch house an hour and a half later and he said " well, whadya think?" And my buddy Downtown said " I've never seen so much of nothing, so well fenced in". We just cracked up.

True story.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Was it this one, InhouseBob?

A Texas farmer, on a tour Down Under, was talking to a bloke about his ranch back home. “It’s so big”, he said, “that I can start driving from one side at sun rise and not have reached the other at nightfall.”

The bloke took a a sip from his beer, nodded, and said, “I had a car like that once.”

On the matter of farm sizes, it is, of course, the Chinese, who now lay claim to the largest farm on the planet. The Mudanjiang City Mega Farm in Heilongjiang, China, manages an astounding 22,500,000 acres. Australia’s largest, Anna Creek Stationacres. For more information, see Biggest Farms In The World
Nope. Something about "toss you for it." not to give away the punch line :s
 
we have nothing other as modern......bcos my country is no windstate or we have only 3-4 places wehre is good for build/mount a windweehl
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top