CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, belated birthday wishes Gone.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
My birthday was a few days ago. Thankfully Mom didn't get me another Harley Davidson gift card. She got me one for Autozone, which is somewhat practical, but at least not HD...
Happy Birthday. Your mom sounds like a very sweet lady.
 
Thank you, gentlemen. Mom is the sweetest. She fosters kittens (due, no doubt to a lack of grandchildren), takes care of other people, and she always gives me something automotive for Christmas and birthday, whether it's a bottle of wax, a gift card, or a shirt with a neat car on it.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Thank you, gentlemen. Mom is the sweetest. She fosters kittens (due, no doubt to a lack of grandchildren), takes care of other people, and she always gives me something automotive for Christmas and birthday, whether it's a bottle of wax, a gift card, or a shirt with a neat car on it.
Sounds like a wonderful mother.
 
Well, my gift to the CB backfired today... in spectacular fashion. I wired in a new outlet in my warehouse and mounted it near where the bike is going to hibernate, so I could plug in a charger, and have a handy outlet in the middle of the room for other things, like a vacuum, saw, etc. I bought a new Harbor Freight charger, and brought it in this morning. Plugged it in, and it immolated in a shower of sparks within two seconds.

"Geez, Harbor Freight strikes again with poor quality junk!"

Or, so I thought. For laughs, I plugged in an old fan, and it made a loud POP!

Put a volt meter on my new outlet, and it's running at 280 volts. Guess I shoulda checked that circuit, huh? And, guess I'll re-route that circuit!
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Well, my gift to the CB backfired today... in spectacular fashion. I wired in a new outlet in my warehouse and mounted it near where the bike is going to hibernate, so I could plug in a charger, and have a handy outlet in the middle of the room for other things, like a vacuum, saw, etc. I bought a new Harbor Freight charger, and brought it in this morning. Plugged it in, and it immolated in a shower of sparks within two seconds.

"Geez, Harbor Freight strikes again with poor quality junk!"

Or, so I thought. For laughs, I plugged in an old fan, and it made a loud POP!

Put a volt meter on my new outlet, and it's running at 280 volts. Guess I shoulda checked that circuit, huh? And, guess I'll re-route that circuit!
Wow! Glad you are okay and nothing really valuable was blown up.
 
Yeah... I quietly put a piece of tape over that outlet, and I'll hide my shame by picking up some new conduit and wire and rerouting tonight after everyone's gone...
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Yeah... I quietly put a piece of tape over that outlet, and I'll hide my shame by picking up some new conduit and wire and rerouting tonight after everyone's gone...
Good thing you didn't say anything about it on a public forum. :beerchug:
 
No, unfortunately. But, I've been skulking around in the rafters, and already have another box running 120 that I can tap into. (It's nice that nobody here pays attention to what I'm doing). Nothing a little more conduit, wire and another trip to Harbor Freight won't fix.

Don't know how I could have missed that on the meter when I originally wired it up.
 
Yes, I know I'm late, but I had to wait.

509204c01be1a9c085639cfc6049ae1f.jpg


Here is a new pair of riding jeans purchased at the Boxing Day sales. Mrs Cormanus has deplored the poor fit of their predecessors and decided it was time to replace them. Fair enough too; they were pretty appalling.

The delay? Well, being a chap of Ferret-like stature, they had to go to the shop to have a couple of metres chopped off the legs. They've been back a day or two and I finally got around to dragging the bike out of the garage and taking a picture.
 
I think the snap is still interesting.

You have the CB1100, in its usual glory. Brilliant sunshine, nothing wrong with that - at least from my perspective. A solid and secure-lookin' garage door.

Are the riding pants hot in the Aussie summer?

I like the way you fuzz'ed out the photo to make it look like it was scanned from a paper image. Very nostalgic-looking for 2022. :D
 
Cheers Au₂O₃. I haven’t tried the pants yet, but I expect they’ll be a trifle warm in a hot day.
 
Nice custom fitted riding pants. I usually just let mine pile up on top of my boots. (just like my jeans lol)
 
Ha, Cormanus, I have to have my riding pants shortened as well. I'm not the tallest banana in the bunch either.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top