CB1100 mods

I was stunned by the listed prices on Ryujin's website.....until I did the translation. The 108,000 yen listed prices (roughtly $10,800 US) are for the base vehicles only. :s

I think doubling the listed price might a good starting point. Then again that could be overly optimistic.

I hope Taksahi an get us some prices.
 
Thread starter
I think this bike looks pretty cool

2ad801b50a9295d59feae475164d4180.jpg
 
If that stuff can't increase the cornering clearance, a GS500 Suzuki could smoke it on any reasonably twisty pavement. It looks pretty but unfortunately doesn't do a thing for the bike's ability to scoot down a curvy road.

I was looking at the frame trying to figure out what could be done and other than jacking up the suspension, you're going to be grounding out the hard parts too soon. Raising the rear would mess up the stability, so we'd have to raise the front, too, which then brings up the CG. Not so great. Maybe a little, but not enough to really help things.

Sawing off the sidestand would help; I already removed the centerstand. A full system that tucks in better would be helpful too.

But then we have the cases, which would be dragging on the left side.

That bums me a little, because the thing handles really well and with some serious shocks and a fork brace it would come a lot closer to railing through the turns.

Hanging a cheek off the seat is absolutely necessary for any kind of quick canyon work! (See Freddie in the Bad Seed video).
 
Thanks so much for this post, Timpo. Since I bought my CB11 I've been wondering what it would look like in one of Honda's classic Red-White-Blue paint schemes (like this '83 CB1100F).

6e7180da053bbd7e1a1dd4e34b9c00ed.jpg


It looks great on the CB1100!

7e33e72983a5d77ef122098d5b05c9b4.jpg


Also popular with the last of the CB750s a few years back :

c7fe23b03fb8f7f5c557803091a986eb.jpg


When I'm older and have some more spare cash, I'm seriously looking into what it'll take to get my tank and side covers done in this scheme.
 
redbirds_imp said:
Amazing what can be done with the CB. Especially liked the custom swing arm on the first bike.
So true on both points. The CB is an amazing bike out of the box, or a blank canvas to begin "painting" to become any number of different bikes from café racer to pro-street.

That chrome swingarm is the cat's ass! The axle carrier and adjuster alone are worth the price...whatever it is!
 
Thread starter
The Spaceman_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
Amazing what can be done with the CB. Especially liked the custom swing arm on the first bike.
So true on both points. The CB is an amazing bike out of the box, or a blank canvas to begin "painting" to become any number of different bikes from café racer to pro-street.

That chrome swingarm is the cat's ass! The axle carrier and adjuster alone are worth the price...whatever it is!
So true on both points. The CB is an amazing bike out of the box, or a blank canvas to begin "painting" to become any number of different bikes from café racer to pro-street.

That chrome swingarm is the cat's ass! The axle carrier and adjuster alone are worth the price...whatever it is! yeah I like these Cafe racer CB1100s...

5812197742b35c26f866df721cd249ea.jpg

f8e66ac0df73c23fb572c4739a92618c.jpg

b93c78941a6e9e508396f340adda2478.jpg

e0c5476d5ef6ec950664f044e5f59f38.jpg

f0ce79c0086ca105da689d78fdbe2241.jpg

fe1c8b4de1f7957f2094239631486081.jpg

2e6a6cf30e77c9d7c2d8790fab49ec93.jpg

e3933d0c6b22de963fcc4e7a436c37c9.jpg

ad2e061968caaf8a2c08779524921893.j&

e6456c880385a377704d83b4dcc21b55.j&
 
wow, + infinity

Those images make us love our bikes even more. The directions we can go are endless. The visuals just get the ideas flowin.

Thank you! :banana:
 
Thread starter
DAYTONA Windshield :thumbsup:

d09eeab98a4863bc8d1ae893accb62de.jpg

7f8ae3c5fbe213d0eb14a0e6da717fae.jpg

f0dfb293a1fd7df660512fa1d49952e9.jpg

2eeee1e95d69763d4ab0308e2add2aaf.jpg

1ea5163aae8e55d5307c4337715ef3b2.jpg


and leg visor
de57aa6e3a2542597ad1c81a790be91a.jpg

MIZ Tail Kit

8f71bf61a6be91fbae7c64aef8b1e50f.jpg

60bbdaeca0da68b93d70b3352c2b3eee.

MIZ Front Fender

df8a53147cfbf8ec983fd9fb8cdd4696.jpg

Kijima makes something interesting...
http://www.tk-kijima.co.jp/prokiji405-bumper.htm

Engine Guard
e1fe495cd5451eadf0167cf7af6cf77c.jpg


Rear Guard
a500f761030cb056046a1c074f4fbb3c.jpg


I guess just so that you don't have to worry about damaging both engine and exhaust?
f8df732ea6b52287d50371f2b3b59500.jpg

7f184245413554fee7620af2637346d0.jpg

b76b5bca390c04f6a524ec031112f520.jpg

Prosman makes something interesting as well...

They have this gauge guard...but for what? :huh:

ff83c318d800924ec81a6642165631b4.jpg

bc528a7595a71952c58fd60b3be4a31f.jpg

c03033fd95a00c9d33187a37af4edc93.jpg

e7645553a98239a3c5e022e2a316ef7c.jpg

Prosman also makes engine guard
http://www.prosman.jp/top/cb1100/index.html

fa38ce636af0b8c4372d2987098f2327.jpg

454738d467ebd79e5218b30199838b6b.jpg

b29f9a9df42311fec27c4bcf6f1f59a7.jpg

If that's too big, Active makes smaller engine guards..

086f6a5c81708d283911ddbece57e677.jpg

7611a00f0c4850bd38246fc1a9ebee2b.jpg
 
Timpo -

Thanks again for the amazing pictures.

Last year when the CB1100 was introduced to the US and this forum first started, we were lamenting how few accessories were available for the bike. Honda offered a total of 6.

How things have changed!

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that the CB1100 is one of the most accesorized bikes out there, especially by the folks in Japan.

Many have said the CB1100 is an excellent blank canvas for accesorizing. You've shown us some mighty fine paintings.
 
DARN! I had forgotten what an amazing thread this is!
Oh God, the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 
Okay, so where can we find the cafe seat pictured on the first silver bike with red cafe seat put up by Timpo? Exactly, what I am looking for but nobody seems to have for sale. Maybe these are one off custom pieces. Timpo, thanks for the amazing pics.
 
Back
Top