CB1100 Lock

Thread starter
The last time I asked Mr. T he said it wasn’t available any more. That could have changed.

There was also a big o-ring to hold down the round end and lock bar. You can see the plastic hook in front of the orange label, and there are 2 more in the tool box. So it fits in a triangle shape.
 
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
So THAT is what the 2 holes on the plastic cover under the seat are for..

Sorry if this has been answered before but. whats the Honda part # for that lock and is it still for sale?
So THAT is what the 2 holes on the plastic cover under the seat are for..

Sorry if this has been answered before but. whats the Honda part # for that lock and is it still for sale?
part number: 08M53-MFL-800
Plenty on ebay
 
2-3 years ago there was a lot more option to buy this lock.. When I ot my Rs the dealership asked if I want one, from them it would cost around £110. I went online and most Uk bike part shop had it available for around £85-90.
I think they stopped manufacture these since it's clear that the CBs are gonna be discontinued..
 
bajonett_imp said:
pekingduck_imp said:
Plenty on eBay, but the least expensive I've found with shipping is $220 from Padgetts in the UK. :-/
Try this:
08M53MFL800: U-LOCK Honda - buy the 08M53-MFL-800 at CMSNL

Im in Uk so cant really see how much extra would add on for US shipping.. On ebay it seems that there aren't many US sellers, are there?
Try this:
08M53MFL800: U-LOCK Honda - buy the 08M53-MFL-800 at CMSNL

Im in Uk so cant really see how much extra would add on for US shipping.. On ebay it seems that there aren't many US sellers, are there? Thanks, CMSNL are a good outfit to deal with. Price is much better at about $130 shipped, but still pricey for a lock that fits, but may not be of the best quality.
GoldOxide_imp said:
LakeWylieJoe_imp said:
I think they forget the bike that comes with it? :-/
I think they forget the bike that comes with it? :-/
This price includes round-trip airfare for you to pick it up in person.:D
bajonett_imp said:
pekingduck_imp said:
Plenty on eBay, but the least expensive I've found with shipping is $220 from Padgetts in the UK. :-/
Try this:
08M53MFL800: U-LOCK Honda - buy the 08M53-MFL-800 at CMSNL

Im in Uk so cant really see how much extra would add on for US shipping.. On ebay it seems that there aren't many US sellers, are there?
Try this:
08M53MFL800: U-LOCK Honda - buy the 08M53-MFL-800 at CMSNL

Im in Uk so cant really see how much extra would add on for US shipping.. On ebay it seems that there aren't many US sellers, are there? These locks were never imported by American Honda, so no cheap availability here.
 
Thread starter
Webike shows some Honda U-locks for sale. Some are the 1 key U-locks.

To correct an above mistake, the big O-ring hoods for holding down the lock parts are all 3 on the plastic inner fender, not 2 on the tool box. Yeah, I looked at mine to be sure.
 
pekingduck_imp said:
bajonett_imp said:
pekingduck_imp said:
Plenty on eBay, but the least expensive I've found with shipping is $220 from Padgetts in the UK. :-/
Try this:
08M53MFL800: U-LOCK Honda - buy the 08M53-MFL-800 at CMSNL

Im in Uk so cant really see how much extra would add on for US shipping.. On ebay it seems that there aren't many US sellers, are there?
Try this:
08M53MFL800: U-LOCK Honda - buy the 08M53-MFL-800 at CMSNL

Im in Uk so cant really see how much extra would add on for US shipping.. On ebay it seems that there aren't many US sellers, are there? Thanks, CMSNL are a good outfit to deal with. Price is much better at about $130 shipped, but still pricey for a lock that fits, but may not be of the best quality.
GoldOxide_imp said:
LakeWylieJoe_imp said:
I think they forget the bike that comes with it? :-/
I think they forget the bike that comes with it? :-/
This price includes round-trip airfare for you to pick it up in person.:D
bajonett_imp said:
pekingduck_imp said:
Plenty on eBay, but the least expensive I've found with shipping is $220 from Padgetts in the UK. :-/
Try this:
08M53MFL800: U-LOCK Honda - buy the 08M53-MFL-800 at CMSNL

Im in Uk so cant really see how much extra would add on for US shipping.. On ebay it seems that there aren't many US sellers, are there?
Try this:
08M53MFL800: U-LOCK Honda - buy the 08M53-MFL-800 at CMSNL

Im in Uk so cant really see how much extra would add on for US shipping.. On ebay it seems that there aren't many US sellers, are there? These locks were never imported by American Honda, so no cheap availability here.
I think they forget the bike that comes with it? :-/
This price includes round-trip airfare for you to pick it up in person.:D
... Business Class.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
The CB1100 is going nowhere on its own without two or three strong men (or an ignition key).
That's exactly what I thought. Don't the U.S. models have an electronic, tamper-prove ECU lock ? What was it called again HATS or something ?
 
Thread starter
It’s called HISS (Honda Ignition Security System) and we do not get it in the US.
 
(Note. This input is in another thread as well.)

Hi fellow CB1100 riders.

After reading through this thread and another similar regarding U-Lock I clearly understand that 08M53-MFL-800 has been suspended. I have looked all around but am unable to find one or an alternative for my CB1100 EX 2016.

I have as well looked for 08M53EWM000E without any success.

I bought 08M53EWM000D from Japan.Webike.Net, which does not fit (08M53EWM000E will) and I'll have it in my top-box for the time being, but I´m eager to have one under me seat.

Have you any idea if, and then where, I can find one ore alternative? There must be at least one around I can grab.

Rgds, Olafur.
 
I’m sure you figured it out, but just call locksmiths around town and see if they offer “rekeying service” a real locksmith will the rest are just key changers
 
Back
Top