CB1100 Lock

Thread starter
teamvisegrip_imp said:
Yup saw that one but the one that fits has an "E" at the end of the part number not the "D".

But I appreciate the help tremendously! Had to check to be sure.

I emailed Webike and they told me the one that fits is discontinued. 08M53-EWM-000E

Thanks.
Its strange that it is shown as fitting the CB1100 (SC65) though. I wonder what the difference is.

I would say that Guth gives good advice on a tether. I had a U-lock on my ST1300 and forgot it was there. Luckily I discovered it when trying to move the bike by hand and not by riding off...
 
I was concerned about security for my CB. I bought a disc lock and a U lock. The disc lock is great but the U lock proved to be cumbersome and somewhat difficult to apply effectively.
I have since bought a second disc lock that is much more useful.
This second disc lock also incorporates a motion sensor that activates
a 110db alarm when disturbed. The combo of the two are easy to use
and excellent.
 
Like many have said here, I initially considered the "U" lock, and thought it would be handy in the stock storage area under the seat. However, I came to the conclusion that the U lock would really only be of benefit if it was long enough to lock the frame of the bike to an immovable object like a sign post, which it is not. I ended up with two small disc locks that store in the in the plastic tray over the battery, under the seat, quite nicely. I agree with Guth that a reminder is needed to go with disc locks. Instead of the cumbersome coiled reminder stretch cord, I found embroidered red & white "Remove Before Flight" cloth key fob tags on EBay for a couple of bucks. I then replaced the metal split key ring, with a heavy rubber band through the eyelet on the end of the tag. Now when I use the disc locks, the rubber band loops over one of my mirrors to remind me to take the disc locks off. The tag is high viz, no scratch, and fits easily in a pants or jacket pocket. I had considered disc locks with built in alarm, but found them to be bulky, and read numerous reviews about what a pain resulting false alarms were. Sometimes using the "KISS" ( keep it simple stupid ) rule is the best way to go, and at least for me it was.
 
This will be my final update to this topic. It appears that the lock for the CB1100 has been discontinued. I have tried as many places as I can through Google to search out a shop that still has one. I am sure there is one somewhere but I cannot find it. My list is to long to list here. LOL!

A very nice guy at E-Clubman in Japan said he called around for me and he could not find one. I have contacted all the links through this set of posts and every one I contacted did not have the part and could not get one.

For all those that have helped with this final search. My hat is off to you with many thanks. Excellent group of people on here.

If anyone on this sight knows of a shop with one, that I could not find, please let me know. If anyone does not want the one they have... not sure I can rekey after it has been done once... I would be interested in purchasing it.

Just as a reminder... here are the numbers for the parts one last time.
Type A lock:
08M70-EWM-000 A-type

U-Lock:
08M53-EWM-000E

Right now my bike is put away. I have installed the Yoshimura Pipe, Small Dart Fly Screen, black rubber ends to the Levers and working on a plan for the carb quarter thing... All thanks to the wonderful people here. I cannot wait to get back this summer after I ship out to ride it for the first time. Some time at the end of June! If I am able to post pictures then I will. I do not see how to do it at this time. Guess I am on probation or something... LOL!

Again many thanks to all.
Mark
 
Thread starter
If you get Redbirds U-lock, you could drill out or have a locksmith remove the Type A lock part and buy another one and set it to your key.
 
Thanks to redbirds it looks like I will have accomplished my mission!

Very excited and OH so happy.

It is killing me to wait till June to ride it due to the weather and my job.

I will say that the first morning home I will be putting the battery in it and going for a ride.
 
I’m not concerned about someone stealing my bike.

Knocking it over is another story.

I’ve come out to a parking lot on other bikes and found them on their side.

I’ve come out and found a mother holding her child on the seat as if it were a playground toy...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
I’m not concerned about someone stealing my bike.

Knocking it over is another story.

I’ve come out to a parking lot on other bikes and found them on their side.

I’ve come out and found a mother holding her child on the seat as if it were a playground toy...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When someone comes into the coffee house and asks, "Hey, is that your bike out there?" and he has a sombre countenance, you know you are about to hear fell news. (Pun absolutely intended).

My ZX-10R needed a new frame...three days work to strip 'er down and rebuild her by my master mechanic, six weeks to figure out the insurance.
 
DBM_imp said:
I just found this old thread. Has anyone ever found a aftermarket U lock that will fit into the storage space?
If not mistaken, our member pekingduck posted some pics about 2 different U locks that fit under CB seat. Don't remember if these were Honda or aftermarket.
He may chime in or send him PM.

P.S. Here are some from Honda;
Honda 二輪純正アクセサリー
 
Thread starter
I have the Honda one but have never used it. I have another Honda one on the ST1300 and use it when staying overnight somewhere.
 
I have this Honda U-lock for my RS, and I find it quite useful.
It seems really tough, heavy duty monster (but hey what do I know), but the benefit of it is the way you can lock the front wheel. Normally I use an alarmed disc lock (which can fit under the seat, Kovix KD6) on the rear disc, and this big U-lock goes on the front but through both disc and a spoke too, which I guess would make it a lot more difficult to bend it off (as most thieves usually twist and bend U-locks instead of cutting or hammering them off). Of course it's not impossible, nothing is but a potential extra time working on it could change the rats mind, and having a dedicated slot under the seat makes it really useful (for me at least)..
Tomorrow I'll try to post some photos
 

So THAT is what the 2 holes on the plastic cover under the seat are for..

Sorry if this has been answered before but. whats the Honda part # for that lock and is it still for sale?
 
Back
Top