CB1100 Lock

Thread starter
Me? I've never even used them. I think you are supposed to put them through the wheel. I think the owners man. tells you how to use it, even though the U-lock is not avail. in the US.

For the CB, Mr. T will sell you the correct one and the cylinder after you tell him if you have an A or B key. You need to order the big rubber o-ring hold down band for it too. Was about $5 when I got it.

They do not have the ST in Japan so he sent me the CB one. It fits fine, but I think is supposed to have the longer one. I didn't know they had 2 sizes when I bought it. I think webike sells both sizes.

Me attach photos? Ferret is spitting coffee now laughing. ;)
 
LOl popgun.

U locks usually go thru the wheel around the lower fork legs, with the U outside of 1 leg and the cross bar outside the other fork leg.
 
Thread starter
Hummm, Going to have to see if it will work that way this evening.
 
Thread starter
Pretty sure its the long one for the CB. I can check when I get home as I am out of town for Christmas. Going home tomorrow.

The one I got for the ST was a short one and is really too short. I’m not blaming samurider for that. Mr. T told me Japan doesn’t have the ST and he sent the one he hoped was the right one. Wasn’t, but I make it work.

If you buy one, we have instructions for keying the lock in the How-to threads.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Pretty sure its the long one for the CB. I can check when I get home as I am out of town for Christmas. Going home tomorrow.

The one I got for the ST was a short one and is really too short. I’m not blaming samurider for that. Mr. T told me Japan doesn’t have the ST and he sent the one he hoped was the right one. Wasn’t, but I make it work.

If you buy one, we have instructions for keying the lock in the How-to threads.
Thank you! I'll look for long one.
 
OK guys. Maybe I am stupid or just still tired from being on the ship for so long... Looked at some of the links but they are in Japanese. Went to Surfrider and could not find it.

But can some one give me the links for the correct lock... key... and o-ring to hold it in place? I would prefer to order from one place? Really want to have the Honda emblem on the lock like mentioned in one of the earlier posts.

When I have a Keeper Bike I try hard to get all the options for it. This Lock is a very cool option. I am also a paper hound too. I have been looking for a Dealer Brochure for the 2014 and have not found one yet. If anyone has one that would be cool!

If I am correct this is the info for the Lock and hold down… Any help is appreciated!

Type A lock:
08M70-EWM-000 A-type

Rubber Band:
50291-MCW-D00
 
TVG, get in touch with Takashi san at Samurider.com. Never used him myself, but all forum members who have swear by the quality of his service.
 
Thanks... sent an email through Samurider.

Thanks for the info.

I hope it works out.

The bike is done. Yoshimura exhaust in place. Dart Fly Screen installed and it is put away till better weather gets here. But I doubt I will get a day of nice warm weather with no salt on the roads before I go back to work March 11th for 3 ½ months! it is painful to have such a bike and have to wait so long to ride it. LOL!
 
Thread starter
I ordered mine from webike before we knew about samurider. The part number of the lock on the order is 08M53EWM000E

That is for the U-lock. You have to also order the tumbler or as it is called on the invoice: 1 x [HONDA] One - Key - System inner lock ( TypeA ) (08M70EWM000)

The O-ring I got from Mr. T, but apparently deleted that invoice so don’t have the part number handy, but Mr. T will know.

When you get it, you have to key it to your key. We have instructions in English in the How-To section of the forum. However, the pics may be gone. If so, I, or Cormanus, still have them somewhere.
 
Might get in there and replace the picture links sometime.
 
As an update to this... Samurider does not have anymore of the locks and this item has been discontinued. I have gone to Weblike but cannot find out how to convert to english yet.

I will se what I can do.

Popgun thanks for the rest of the part numbers.
I did not see the Parts on Weblike so I asked to see if they can be supplied. They have the Type A One Key but not the rest.

It is not looking good for me! LOL!
 
TVG, the only way I know to translate foreign websites is to use Google Chrome as your browser on a computer (PC or Mac). It will then ask you whether you want to translate foreign language pages. It works, but it is far from perfect. Japanese, Chinese and other Asian languages are difficult for it.
 
HA! I just figured that out. Still no parts shown but I sent a request.

While taking care of the wife after foot surgery I have a lot of time to search. Since the part is discontinued I have to find a place with it...

The Rubber Lock Strap can be had locally at the Honda Dealer.

I found another supplier that translated the first page but not the rest so an email was sent. I will keep you updated for those that might want other sellers of the lock.
 
Yup saw that one but the one that fits has an "E" at the end of the part number not the "D".

But I appreciate the help tremendously! Had to check to be sure.

I emailed Webike and they told me the one that fits is discontinued. 08M53-EWM-000E

Thanks.
 
I'm also one of those guys that likes to obtain a lot of original parts/accessories/brochures/manuals/etc. for my vehicles. So naturally I considered one of the Honda U-locks as well back when I first got my CB. But after I thought it through a bit, I decided that for me the answer was a disk lock which I fit in the compartment under the seat along with a small tool pouch. Whether using a disk lock or a U-lock, I'd highly recommend a brightly colored tether cable to strap the lock to your handlebar when the lock is in use.
 
Back
Top