CB1100 Lock

Thread starter
Mas, you might be right, but I don't get a picture of the cylinder when I go to the Japan site, all I get is a box with HONDA in it. Thats all I have ever gotten on that site for the cylinders.

I too wondered if you were supposed to buy it at the dealer based on you key number or something.

Can you post a picture of the cylinder on here?
 
There's two smaller images below the large Honda image on that page.

This is the A type:
a9467d3a51477118c740c185d8c86f5c.jpg


This is the B type:
22cf5df0bce7adde04275a1ad729136a.jpg
 
Thread starter
Mas,

Thanks for the pics. First I've seen these. I wish I was home so I could check out my key.

Of all things on this bike, we're going to be experts on a stupid LOCK!
 
The lock kits came yesterday. The pictures of the key types will help. It comes with about 30 tumbler slide things and a bunch of tiny springs. I'm no locksmith but you must arange them to match your key. I know it's done for BMW luggage all the time. The cylinder looks like it takes 6 of the flat slide tumblers things. I havn't opened the packs yet but I can't see any diff between the two set-ups A & B?

This video helps also:
 
Thread starter
Ack,

I am anxiously awaiting your findings!!! I too am having trouble seeing the difference between the 2 pictures, but haven't put my key next to them yet.

It would have helped if webike would have explained that you set the tumbler yourself. I had figured you might have to have the (Japanese) dealer order one based on your key or something.
 
I just looked at my key. I can tell that I have an A type key.

When you look at your key pointing to the right as in the diagrams, where is the cut out groove? Is it the top? or the bottom? The bottom of my key is solid when I point it to the right, there is no groove there. Everyone has the groove down the middle but where the other one is the part I believe they are trying to show in A or B.

If all would like me to post my key picture to show what I am talking about say so and I will try to get it uploaded as soon as I can.
 
Thanks dB, mines an A also and I just verified this by trying my key in both lock cylinders and it only fits in the 08M70-EWM-000 A-type kit number.
I'm going to attempt the assemble this weekend.
If anyone needs the B-type let me know.
 
Thread starter
Thanks Dbuster,

I see it now when I look at my key. Its also Type A. I guess I'll be ordering an A kit this weekend.

Ack, I think I may have the first lock in the US, but you have the first one that will actually LOCK!! Thanks for being the Guinea pig! If you hadn't done it I guess I would have :)
 
Good news, I just put it together and it works. Only took a few minutes, it was just like in the video. The end lock-in tumblers are all the same then the other 5 you have a choice of three, the one that is flush with the cyl with the key in is the one. The wrong ones stick out it's easy to tell. Put the springs in, then the tumblers then the key which holds it all together. Push and twist cyl into lock, it clicks and it's in. Good thing it works because I can't see how it can come back out!!! Maybe it only fits in if it's right? But it WORKS.............
 
Thread starter
Congratulations!!! I'd put one of those bowing to the master smilies, but we don't have them yet. :)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I received the motorcycle lock that can be stored under the seat from the webike site in Japan

It is a Honda lock, in a box with a Honda part number tag. It arrived with no key or tumbler to lock it with. The Honda box was packed in a shipping box. The Honda box had been opened, maybe by customs.

I emailed webike about the missing parts, but after jwayne's experience, I'm not expecting much.

I'll keep ya posted.
I ordered the same lock. See my thread under Honda U Lock.
If you need the translated directions, I think I still have them.
 
Thread starter
Thanks Guitardo,

Another member and I did finally get it straight. Actually he did most of the getting it straight, but we did get the right cylinder and apparently I keyed it correctly.

I wouldn't mind the instructions for keying the cylinder though, if you do have them in English. They came in Kanji.

I'll PM you me email.
 
Elipten_imp said:
I bought the lock and cylinder. Easy to put together and key to bike. Even says Honda on it!

I also got the "rubber band" to hold the lock in place. Honda part number 50291-MCW-D00. I got it from Samurider. It is smaller but much stronger than the one for the tool kit. Does a nice job of holding lock in place.

Mr Takashi of Samurider got it for me.



Sent from my iPad using [url=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk

Takashi had added 5 new items since he returned from winter vacation on the 6th. The mini lock is one of his new additions.

Exchange rate is excellent right now. 10,000 yen of merchandise can currently be had for $96 US. That same 10,000 yen product would have cost over $102 not too many months ago. It adds up when you're buying high price items.
 
Wow. I so wanted that U-lock too, but I think I'm gonna chicken out of that one. I had read in a article somewhere, when the bike came out, that you could fit your own U-Lock under there, given that it's the right size. I might just buy a few, keep the one that fits, and return the others. For the key, who cares, if it's now two instead of one. I'll just keep the key under the seat in the tool box compartment. You have to remove the seat to get to the U-Lock, so might as well have the key there too. I don't mind having two keys in my pocket. I wouldn't attach it to the ignition key, since I wouldn't want it to dangle from the ignition, scratching the dash, or scratching the tank when opening the gas cap.
 
Thread starter
The U-lock cylinder comes as a kit that you key to your bike key. Its part of the Honda One key system.

We have a How to on this with English instructions and also how to determine if you need the A or B cylinder.

I have 2 U-locks. One for the CB and one for the ST. Uses the bike key after I keyed it. Its easy with the instructions.
 
Back
Top