CB1100 Lock

Lord Popgun

Road warrior
Thread starter
I received the motorcycle lock that can be stored under the seat from the webike site in Japan

It is a Honda lock, in a box with a Honda part number tag. It arrived with no key or tumbler to lock it with. The Honda box was packed in a shipping box. The Honda box had been opened, maybe by customs.

I emailed webike about the missing parts, but after jwayne's experience, I'm not expecting much.

I'll keep ya posted.
 
Thread starter
GS,

Yes it is. And they made Jwayne pay for their mistake too.

The shipping box had not been opened by Customs. The Japanese shiping stick-on bag was intact. I think maybe Webike opened the Honda box to verify contents and didn't get the key back. Anyway, well see what they say. Hopefully they can send a key and tumbler.

If not, I'm going to call Honda of America (can't remember the real name) and see if they can come up with some part numbers, or go to a Honda shop in Japan the next time I go over there. Which is about once a year to Yokusuka. Or, I have contacts on our aircraft carrier based there.
 
What kind of lock fits under the seat?
 
The ferret_imp said:
What kind of lock fits under the seat?
It's a metal U-bar shaped lock.
I don't know how useful I'd find that.. for those who do use that style lock, what do you do with it, lock one of the wheels to the frame?
 
Usually it's for locking the front wheel so if they pop the ignition they can't just ride off on it. I have a disc brake lock that I bought that locks through the rotor. Just make sure to remember the lanyard....don't ask me how I know.
 
Thread starter
A picture of it is in the owners manual. I forget what page. I have received a reply from Webike. It doesn't come with a key or tumbler (or inner lock as they call it).

I'll elaborate when I get home after work.
 
Doesn't sound like a very useful lock. :-/
 
Thread starter
I just wanted the one that fit the storage in the bike. Didn't know it was going to be a search for the Holy Grail!

Apparently you have to buy the inner lock for the model bike you use and then can use "One-Key" Of course they don't have the one for the CB1100... My dealer, today, said none of the part numbers are avail. in the US.

Webike sells them for other bikes. Can't tell if a key comes with the tumbler or not as a lot of the description is in Kanji. I don't need a model specific inner lock, just one that works--and a key.

I emailed them about it and am awaiting an answer. I'll post their email when I find out. In any case, I'll have the worlds most expensive lock by the time this is over. But hey, it says HONDA on the thing!!
 
My guess is you should give them the key code you got when you bought the bike and they can most likely set you up with a lock cylinder for it.
 
In any case, I'll have the worlds most expensive lock by the time this is over. But hey, it says HONDA on the thing!!
[/QUOTE]

Popgun
Did it at least fit under the seat correctly?
 
Thread starter
It does fit perfectly under the seat. I had to come up with my own O-ring though. Could have ordered the one for the tool kit, but instead used one off a radar system of all things.

I am still needing the lock cylinder. We went back and forth and they were not much help. And there are 2 types--Get this:

HONDA One - Key - System inner lock
Type:A
*Upside key-seating.

HONDA One - Key - System inner lock
Type:B
*Downside key-seating.

Got any idea what that means? I'm not emailing them again.

I am going to order one and see what I get. No key comes with it. They kept saying "use your key" OK, my key upseats and downseats, I guess!!
 
Tell them it needs to fit this part number lock cylinder.
35100-MGC-A22
 
I am going to order one and see what I get. No key comes with it. They kept saying "use your key" OK, my key upseats and downseats, I guess!!
[/QUOTE]

Popgun,
I saw the choices listed too, no idea what they mean either. Which one are you getting, a or b? Post up and I'll get the opposite. 50/50 maybe they'll both work?
 
Thread starter
Well, I was going to go with Type B. I've considering getting both just to see as they are not THAT expensive and shipping is too high to just keep guessing. I've got a bad feeling about the key working though.

Randy, I tried everything to get them to tell me if our keys are different, or if they could supply a key with it and I'd pay, etc. and all I'd get back are answers like "We checked with our supplier and...use your key" The slightly more detailed description appeared after I suggested it, but is still geared for their market, not ours.

I wouldn't say they are exactly a full service, the customer is #1 kinda place. Just getting the info I got was like pulling hens teeth. And I wonder how that translated on the customer survey form.
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
I am going to order one and see what I get. No key comes with it. They kept saying "use your key" OK, my key upseats and downseats, I guess!!

Popgun,
I saw the choices listed too, no idea what they mean either. Which one are you getting, a or b? Post up and I'll get the opposite. 50/50 maybe they'll both work?
[/QUOTE]
Popgun,
I saw the choices listed too, no idea what they mean either. Which one are you getting, a or b? Post up and I'll get the opposite. 50/50 maybe they'll both work?
[/QUOTE]

Update: I've got both coming, if you don't want to take a chance I'll post what happens.............
I was thinking B too, I don't know why. I'm sure when these bikes have been in the US for a couple years we'll have better coverage from this country.
 
Thread starter
OK,

Great! If they both work, let me know and I'll buy one from you. We can work out something to cover shipping costs, etc.

I based B on one of the part numbers they sent, but I'd have to go back and look at the email they sent to remember what transpired.

I know the problem is the ONE-KEY thing, just couldn't get them to realize it.
 
I'm watching this thread to let you guys do the hard part and figure out what pieces to get! :D I have a disc brake lock already but I'd like to have a lock up front and the rear to be safe.
 
Thread starter
mas,

Your plan is a good one. I though this was going to be easy and it turned into a big PIA! I was about to order one or both inner locks when I found out I had to travel. Now we are waiting to see what ACK is going to get.

I'm hoping the key we have is what they have in Japan. And if you just use "your key", does that mean anybody with a CB1100 key could open the lock? I guess we will find out in a week or so.
 
Back
Top