peterbaron
Road warrior
Very valuable info Enzo 

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

I contacted Honda of America and they informed me that any ECU updates were not authorized for the North American market.Enzofour_imp said:Today the Honda dealer informed me that in 2016 Honda sent dealers an ECU update.
This update was not an official reminder, but a tip to use on 2014/2015 models with low idle and shutdown issues.
On 14/04/2021 they will install this update for me, we will see the effects.
I will try to get the name / code of the firmware for this update.
Meanwhile, with the replacement of the IACV the bike didn't give me any more problems.![]()
Dave_imp said:I contacted Honda of America and they informed me that any ECU updates were not authorized for the North American market.Enzofour_imp said:Today the Honda dealer informed me that in 2016 Honda sent dealers an ECU update.
This update was not an official reminder, but a tip to use on 2014/2015 models with low idle and shutdown issues.
On 14/04/2021 they will install this update for me, we will see the effects.
I will try to get the name / code of the firmware for this update.
Meanwhile, with the replacement of the IACV the bike didn't give me any more problems.![]()
Dave,Dave_imp said:I continued the rest of the 2 hour ride alternating between two finger clutching and four finger clutching. The idle is normal with the clutch lever fully compressed to the bar every time. This isn't making sense to me. Any thoughts?
Hi jeffmazz. What does the ide speed do when the engine is in neutral with the clutch disengaged? When my high/low idle condition was occurring on my bike I never checked to see if clutch engagement had any affect. The difference in RPM that you described is exactly how my bike idle issue started. It would come and go randomly, and it eventually got worse to the point where it would stall, of idle as high as 1,600 RPM.
Have you had your clutch serviced? Warped plates, faulty springs? Does your rear wheel creep on the center stand in neutral?jeffmazz_imp said:I was finally able to get the bike out today and it did the famous idle instability thing after it got warmed up enough. Dave asked what the idle does when I go to neutral and disengage the clutch. The idle stabilizes just as it does when I fully compress the clutch lever to the bar. I have only experienced the high idle (1,600 RPM) once when the bike had under 1,000 miles. It was a very hot day and it hasn't done it since. I've never had the bike stall during it's idle fit but it does vary quite a bit (500 - 600 rpm's) when it starts acting up. It is weird that fully compressing the clutch or going to neutral calms it down.
Have you had your clutch serviced? Warped plates, faulty springs? Does your rear wheel creep on the center stand in neutral?tod.branko_imp said:Have you had your clutch serviced? Warped plates, faulty springs? Does your rear wheel creep on the center stand in neutral?jeffmazz_imp said:I was finally able to get the bike out today and it did the famous idle instability thing after it got warmed up enough. Dave asked what the idle does when I go to neutral and disengage the clutch. The idle stabilizes just as it does when I fully compress the clutch lever to the bar. I have only experienced the high idle (1,600 RPM) once when the bike had under 1,000 miles. It was a very hot day and it hasn't done it since. I've never had the bike stall during it's idle fit but it does vary quite a bit (500 - 600 rpm's) when it starts acting up. It is weird that fully compressing the clutch or going to neutral calms it down.
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed