Lord Popgun
Road warrior
12mile, I'd give the TPS reset a try in your case. Its free and just might do the trick.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
VW diesels had an issue with this in the early eighties. The blow-by gasses caused the engines to accelerate unexpectedly.DaSwami_imp said:Recycling engine blow-by gasses back into the intake may help the environment/emissions, but is lousy for the engine. Just ask any owner of a diesel pickup built in the last few years....
I'll jump back on too. My issue went away for a while but has come back to annoy me even more.12milesout_imp said:I guess I'll hop on the wagon.
2014 Standard, ~5000 miles,
K&N, Yoshi RSCV, Power Commander V
Idles fine at start up. After riding long enough to heat up, when i come to a stop/light the idle seems to be searching. It will drop to ~800, then climb back up to ~1050, then drop back to ~800, etc. It hasn't stalled at all, and responds normally to throttle input. It's never done the 1500 jump that others seem to have experienced.
Suggestions?
My guess is you are triggering a limp mode by unplugging a sensor input that the computer needs. Limp modes do not automatically try to adjust on the fly. However, that is pure speculation as i have not studied the system.Dave_imp said:Thanks curleyjoe. I understand that the IACV is not subjected to fuel, but the valve itself (it's electro-mechanical) could be sticking. Also, the valve could be sticking in the throttle body interface due to an imperfect fit. I can understand how a sticking valve can cause symptoms that come and go, but I don't understand how unplugging my EOT sensor suddenly makes the bike run perfect. Maybe unplugging the EOT sensor causes a completely different signal to be sent to the IACV that forces the IACV to react in a way that cures the unstable idle speed? Maybe this forces the IACV to go into a fully closed or fully open position that overrides a sticking condition? I have always used top-tier, 91 octane fuel in my bike, but that doesn't mean I didn't get some bad gas at one time. I wish I had more feedback concerning the effect on the high RPM idle when unplugging the EOT sensor. I believe somebody posted that replacing their EOT sensor cured the problem - replacing mine did not. To be continued.
VW diesels had an issue with this in the early eighties. The blow-by gasses caused the engines to accelerate unexpectedly.DaSwami_imp said:Recycling engine blow-by gasses back into the intake may help the environment/emissions, but is lousy for the engine. Just ask any owner of a diesel pickup built in the last few years....