Cormanus_imp said:
Yep. You'll love it, MTC. Scotland is a beautiful country. They make excellent whisky there.
What are you riding on the tour?
Yes, it's so excellent, they don't feel the need to include the E in the word, which is ironic given our Yankee propensity toward removing superfluous vowels in the American spelling of English words. They have an itinerary posted on the page I linked and I think it mentions "whisky" at least 4 times. It did not mention haggis, though, and it is on my list to try there. When in Rome.... except if I were going to Rome, it would be pasta.
I believe I'll be on a F750GS with Cheryl on the lowered version of same. However, I may have upgraded to the 850 because the extra $100 didn't seem too bad. Did not like the idea of paying $700+ more for the 1250GS and then having to hop on a bike that's like twice as tall (I may be exaggerating) than my CB1100 for the first time... in a foreign land.. on the 'wrong' side of the road... in front of both friends and strangers.