CB1100 forum miles

Looks like I got a little distracted in April and fell off the wagon, spreadsheet-wise. I took a few minutes and updated through November, though. Looks like I’ll end the year around 9,000ish.
 
3 of the last 4 bikes were about 1,000 miles per month.

The Bonneville was only 7,000 per year, but I was not yet retired and work was intrusive.

2,449 miles on the CB1100, as of today, but I just bought the bike Nov 7.

Tomorrows ride will likely be short, as I want time to walk around Corn Creek Springs and no riding on Sundays (church) so, probably end up with only 2,500 miles in 7 1/2 weeks, as the year ends, Sunday.

If that continues, it would be the equivalent of about 17,000 miles per year. Probably won't be able to do that much (shorter rides in January and February?), although, come Spring, I have some longer rides planned to SoCal, Arizona (north rim of Grand Canyon) and Utah (Bryce).
 
Thread starter
Getting ready for the new year, I wish everybody many happy miles on his beloved motorcycle(s) for the next year, no matter what type or brand it is!

But what to do with those ridden miles?

Don't let'em past in oblivion. Enter them into the new tab for mileage 2018, I just added.

While creating the mileage 2018 tab, I cleaned up a little and removed those guys with 0 miles from the list, to start with a better overview.

However, if you're not in the user list, but you want to participate in mileage 2018? No problem. Feel welcomed, to enter your name and ride into the empty row below the user list.

Just don't touch colored fields. Those are constants or calculated values.

Now enjoy and have fun!

cb1100forum_mileage.xls
 
Django, thanks for your work on the spreadsheet. It’s appreciated. I’ll try and add a couple more kms today before this year’s final entry! Been a lean month.
 
Yea thanks Django.. You too Cormanus for adding columns when we needed them.
 
I’ve put 45 miles on my bike this month, but I work on the road 6 days a week and Sunday’s have been to cold or rainy or I’ve had a honey do list for my only day at home.
 
Nothing wrong with that Buff. We can only ride the miles we have time to ride. When you do get to squeeze in a ride, it makes it that much sweeter.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Nothing wrong with that Buff. We can only ride the miles we have time to ride. When you do get to squeeze in a ride, it makes it that much sweeter.
Yep. I’d take it along with me to ride in the evenings but I don’t have a good place to store it while I’m working and I figure it would come up missing, so it will have to wait.
 
I do keep a gas and maintenance log for all my bikes, but have never really posted them on either the ST or this site. I just never thought of doing it.

Truthfully, I don't ride the CB nearly as many miles as the ST. But I can log those miles, just for kicks. Now that the snow storm of two weeks ago has melted and the temperatures have moderated I have been getting the bikes out of storage. I burned the old gas out of the CB the other day so I can log those as April miles.

Jim
 
Have at it Capt. You can register both bikes if you like. Like we said, not a contest, just a fun thing to do.

I log my miles over on the ST Forum mileage tracker as well. I like to compare myself to the top posting riders over there. Some of those guys are real serious riders! Lol
 
Tinboatcaptain, you can even register all three bikes if you want.
 
Dunno if its interesting for the group and other cb owners that I keep track on my Ducati miles, since I sold my CB sinds March...

for me personally, its interesting :)

but I'd understand it if fellow CB owners would like me to stop updating my Ducati-only miles in the spreadsheet....
 
Thread starter
Riko_imp said:
Dunno if its interesting for the group and other cb owners that I keep track on my Ducati miles, since I sold my CB sinds March...

for me personally, its interesting :)

but I'd understand it if fellow CB owners would like me to stop updating my Ducati-only miles in the spreadsheet....
Well, as I see it, it's the miles of the forum members, not exactly the CB1100 miles. So I'd say, if you're still a member of this community, you are welcome to update your miles on whatever ride. :biker:

So do I with my CBF1000F.
 
Yes, Riko, my view too is that it for forum members' mileage irrespective of what bike they're riding.

In any event, my opinion doesn't matter much. Django has spoken and not only does his daughter have a CB1300, but he created the spreadsheet. :D:
 
Django_imp said:
Riko_imp said:
Dunno if its interesting for the group and other cb owners that I keep track on my Ducati miles, since I sold my CB sinds March...

for me personally, its interesting :)

but I'd understand it if fellow CB owners would like me to stop updating my Ducati-only miles in the spreadsheet....
Well, as I see it, it's the miles of the forum members, not exactly the CB1100 miles. So I'd say, if you're still a member of this community, you are welcome to update your miles on whatever ride. :biker:

So do I with my CBF1000F.
Well, as I see it, it's the miles of the forum members, not exactly the CB1100 miles. So I'd say, if you're still a member of this community, you are welcome to update your miles on whatever ride. :biker:

So do I with my CBF1000F.
Cormanus_imp said:
Yes, Riko, my view too is that it for forum members' mileage irrespective of what bike they're riding.

In any event, my opinion doesn't matter much. Django has spoken and not only does his daughter have a CB1300, but he created the spreadsheet. :D:
thx a lot guys!
Will keep on updating.

And I'll keep following the board, as ever ;)
 
Thread starter
Riko_imp said:
Django_imp said:
Riko_imp said:
Dunno if its interesting for the group and other cb owners that I keep track on my Ducati miles, since I sold my CB sinds March...

for me personally, its interesting :)

but I'd understand it if fellow CB owners would like me to stop updating my Ducati-only miles in the spreadsheet....
Well, as I see it, it's the miles of the forum members, not exactly the CB1100 miles. So I'd say, if you're still a member of this community, you are welcome to update your miles on whatever ride. :biker:

So do I with my CBF1000F.
Well, as I see it, it's the miles of the forum members, not exactly the CB1100 miles. So I'd say, if you're still a member of this community, you are welcome to update your miles on whatever ride. :biker:

So do I with my CBF1000F.
Cormanus_imp said:
Yes, Riko, my view too is that it for forum members' mileage irrespective of what bike they're riding.

In any event, my opinion doesn't matter much. Django has spoken and not only does his daughter have a CB1300, but he created the spreadsheet. :D:
thx a lot guys!
Will keep on updating.

And I'll keep following the board, as ever ;)
Yesss, and we all are keen to see, how many miles one can put on a Ducati. :hello:
 
Django_imp said:
Riko_imp said:
Django_imp said:
Riko_imp said:
Dunno if its interesting for the group and other cb owners that I keep track on my Ducati miles, since I sold my CB sinds March...

for me personally, its interesting :)

but I'd understand it if fellow CB owners would like me to stop updating my Ducati-only miles in the spreadsheet....
Well, as I see it, it's the miles of the forum members, not exactly the CB1100 miles. So I'd say, if you're still a member of this community, you are welcome to update your miles on whatever ride. :biker:

So do I with my CBF1000F.
Well, as I see it, it's the miles of the forum members, not exactly the CB1100 miles. So I'd say, if you're still a member of this community, you are welcome to update your miles on whatever ride. :biker:

So do I with my CBF1000F.
Cormanus_imp said:
Yes, Riko, my view too is that it for forum members' mileage irrespective of what bike they're riding.

In any event, my opinion doesn't matter much. Django has spoken and not only does his daughter have a CB1300, but he created the spreadsheet. :D:
thx a lot guys!
Will keep on updating.

And I'll keep following the board, as ever ;)
Yesss, and we all are keen to see, how many miles one can put on a Ducati. :hello:
Yesss, and we all are keen to see, how many miles one can put on a Ducati. :hello:
I have faith in their engines, not so in their electronics, but we'll see :angel:


Based on these, de bike should be able to hold up perfectly considering my intended use and abuse (more or less that of the average Joe)

A Trip through Siberia :biker::shy:











And here a trip of 4500km in snowy conditions in France:





 
You planning to emulate those adventures, Riko? Look forward to reading about them.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
You planning to emulate those adventures, Riko? Look forward to reading about them.
haha not that extreme, but never say never I guess.

I'll keep the board updated with how good or bad the Duc rolls as time goes by ;)
 
Back
Top