CB1100 forum miles

The ferret_imp said:
It's funny I also particpate in a mileage thingy over on the ST forum. 213 members participate. 10k miles gets you tied for 67 th place. There are some serious riders over there that make me look like a slacker. I'm sitting in 11 th place over there. The leader has over 41K, second 38k third 35k. You'd think Cali or southern guys would be the highest since they have the best year round weather for riding, but it's not. The leader is from NY. 2nd from MO and 3 rd place from NH. Of course it's all for fun, there are no prizes or anything, and some of these guys will travel to most of the state rallys, but it is interesting how many miles some of those guys rack up.
I'm only in 46th place over there, lol.

#1 in MA though. :)
 
curlyjoe_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
It's funny I also particpate in a mileage thingy over on the ST forum. 213 members participate. 10k miles gets you tied for 67 th place. There are some serious riders over there that make me look like a slacker. I'm sitting in 11 th place over there. The leader has over 41K, second 38k third 35k. You'd think Cali or southern guys would be the highest since they have the best year round weather for riding, but it's not. The leader is from NY. 2nd from MO and 3 rd place from NH. Of course it's all for fun, there are no prizes or anything, and some of these guys will travel to most of the state rallys, but it is interesting how many miles some of those guys rack up.
I'm only in 46th place over there, lol.

#1 in MA though. :)
I'm only in 46th place over there, lol.

#1 in MA though. :)
Congrats :thumbsup:

I'm #1 in Ohio too but the guy right behind me STraymond, was #1 in Ohio last year.... but I was # 1 in Ohio the year before that. Ray and I have met over coffee (tea for me) and pie. Nice guy. Only lives about 40 miles from me.
 
The ferret_imp said:
curlyjoe_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
It's funny I also particpate in a mileage thingy over on the ST forum. 213 members participate. 10k miles gets you tied for 67 th place. There are some serious riders over there that make me look like a slacker. I'm sitting in 11 th place over there. The leader has over 41K, second 38k third 35k. You'd think Cali or southern guys would be the highest since they have the best year round weather for riding, but it's not. The leader is from NY. 2nd from MO and 3 rd place from NH. Of course it's all for fun, there are no prizes or anything, and some of these guys will travel to most of the state rallys, but it is interesting how many miles some of those guys rack up.
I'm only in 46th place over there, lol.

#1 in MA though. :)
I'm only in 46th place over there, lol.

#1 in MA though. :)
Congrats :thumbsup:

I'm #1 in Ohio too but the guy right behind me STraymond, was #1 in Ohio last year.... but I was # 1 in Ohio the year before that. Ray and I have met over coffee (tea for me) and pie. Nice guy. Only lives about 40 miles from me.
I'm surprised you competitive mile hunter types have time to stop for tea. But, if you must, I guess doing it with each other means neither of you is racking up miles! :D
 
We both rode to the meeting lol.

It's funny Cormanus, but Ray and I go about accumulating miles in very different ways. He attends a lot of the state SToc events ( ST owners club) and on any given weekend he may ride to Florida or Colorado, or Minnestosa. Thousands of miles at a time, to visit and ride with other ST owners, which the ST excells at. He doesnt do much riding outside of that.

The only SToc event I attend is my home state OH-SToc every other year. I accumulate my miles in small amounts daily, day in and day out. Today will be day number 269 riding for me this year and will probably be in the range of 100 miles. (average mileage is 81 miles per day)
 
The ST seems to be agreeing with you joe.
 
Django, Cormanus...log won't let me enter todays miles
 
The ferret_imp said:
The ST seems to be agreeing with you joe.
Yep I like the growl of the V4, the low end torque, and with the styling and whirring sound of the twin counterbalancers, It would have been a perfect bike for George Jetson, lol. :biker:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Django, Cormanus...log won't let me enter todays miles
Worked all right for me, Ferret. Try again and let me know?
 
Will try after this evenings ride
 
Thread starter
FYI, I already introduced a tab for 2017 in our forum miles sheet:
cb1100forum_mileage.xls

After a quarter or so in the new year, we may clean up the still empty and unused user rows.

And feel free to add yourself to the CB1100forum mile eaters.
 
Thanks Django. I will be needing that Jan 1 lol
 
For 2017 we should update the format to just have the user enter the mileage from the odometer directly on the 1st of the month (before riding that day) and let it be automatically calculated. There would need to be 13 columns, Jan 1, Feb 1, Mar 1... Dec 1, Dec 31. The only downside would not be seeing the number from each month directly without adding more columns or rows from what we have for 2016.
 
Thread starter
Hi Kenny,

I would say, there is no need to change the format.

If you would like just to enter you odometer count, you could do it like I do in a formula.

Have a look my entries Django for my CBF1000F '16. I enter my odometer every month in km, calculate it to miles an subtract the months before. Result is the mileage of the current month.
 
Thread starter
For the 2017 sheet, I entered a row at the far right side, where you could enter your odometer at the very beginning of the new year.
 
I like it too.

Django, what's the little "1" on the 2016 and 2017 tabs about?
 
I think it means there is a comment or reply to a comment that is unresolved. Django replied to my comment on a cell I used in the 2016 sheet, which was carried over to the 2017 sheet, but now the cell and it's comments should be unnecessary because he put in that fancy new column to record Jan 1 miles. I marked both comments as resolved. Maybe the little 1 will be gone next time you log in?
 
Back
Top