CB1100 forum miles

4300 miles in one month is some serious saddle time
 
The ferret_imp said:
4300 miles in one month is some serious saddle time
We live about a mile from a paved road, the drive is dirt and gravel.

From November to March our drive was basically iced-in, and March-April was rain and mud (and work). So...May was a good "get out and ride Month". Good chance to get the cobwebs out. I'd been chomping at the bit to ride for months.

The CB feels great on the road. What a great bike!
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Haystack has joined the fray with an impressive 4,350 miles in May alone. There must be some Seat Time stories in that Haystack.
User Rolls entered 26000 miles for February. That is impressive or a typo.
 
Is it even possible to ride 25000 miles in a month? Seems like you would loose a lot of sleep.:D Personally I think it's a typo.
Kevin
 
husky385_imp said:
Is it even possible to ride 25000 miles in a month? Seems like you would loose a lot of sleep.:D Personally I think it's a typo.
Kevin
Yeah, that must be a typo since that would be 862 miles/day average for the month.
 
How many laps of the US would it be?
 
and I thought I rode a lot lol
 
husky385_imp said:
Is it even possible to ride 25000 miles in a month? Seems like you would loose a lot of sleep.:D Personally I think it's a typo.
Kevin
If you did you should earn a life size bronze statue from the Iron Butt Association.
 
I am thinking about getting a different seat, as I experienced some discomfort during the month I rode 25,000 miles.

I have also noticed that the formula I created to make adding mileage easier for myself was subject to fail when things moved around a bit on the spreadsheet. I've updated it to make it a little more impervious to such changes. I now resume my lowly and rightful place in the rankings.
 
Rolls_imp said:
I am thinking about getting a different seat, as I experienced some discomfort during the month I rode 25,000 miles.

I have also noticed that the formula I created to make adding mileage easier for myself was subject to fail when things moved around a bit on the spreadsheet. I've updated it to make it a little more impervious to such changes. I now resume my lowly and rightful place in the rankings.
Try Preparation H there, buddy! Works every time.

I'd participate but my mileage is so meager (8,000 in three years) that it would not be very impressive.

However, my enthusiasm for the bike makes up for it.

Can I get credit for riding it at a higher RPM? :rofl:

Used to ride 30-40,000 miles a year when younger but now averaging about 15,000. More twisties, less slab.
 
Ulvetanna, Django's mileage spreadsheet allows (indeed encourages) you to record miles ridden on all or any bike.
 
Cool... I'm in here now too. But... maybe I should get off this computer and go for a ride!!!! Oh, I forgot, I'm in Florida and IT'S RAINING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Rolls_imp said:
I am thinking about getting a different seat, as I experienced some discomfort during the month I rode 25,000 miles.

I have also noticed that the formula I created to make adding mileage easier for myself was subject to fail when things moved around a bit on the spreadsheet. I've updated it to make it a little more impervious to such changes. I now resume my lowly and rightful place in the rankings.
Neat little formula, Rolls. I like it.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Ulvetanna, Django's mileage spreadsheet allows (indeed encourages) you to record miles ridden on all or any bike.
Okay, obviously I am late to the party...gotta check my odometers but just turned over 15,000 today on one of 'em. Lemme see, carry the one, subtract the remainder...so it's like 47,000 since Feb 2013.

Now I have to figure out the spreadsheet. Reminds me of work.
 
There are instructions at the top of the sheet, but sing out if you need guidance.
 
Got in 80 miles this morning before the storms hit and that rolled me over 10K for the year so far. Other than the week I was in Fla with my wife mid May, I've only missed 7 days of riding since March 1, and two of those were due to snow lol.
 
It's not completely clear to me whether it's you or the bike that's really the machine, Ferret.
 
Ok just passed kenny, I'm having a devil of a time catching Rolls though
 
Well, I guess I should check my odometer today.
 
Back
Top