Lol, dd-mm-yyyy would be a lot more confusing for us than dd-mmm-yyyy!Cormanus_imp said:Much better, but you'll confuse the Americans.![]()
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Lol, dd-mm-yyyy would be a lot more confusing for us than dd-mmm-yyyy!Cormanus_imp said:Much better, but you'll confuse the Americans.![]()
. I can assure you that number is correct, I log miles for business purposes. One reason I am not on the forum very much is that I'm out riding so much.
Hi Mickey,The ferret_imp said:David sorry to hear about your car, and sorry you are not able to participate as much in the forum, but glad to are otherwise doing well and racking up the miles.
As you have discovered, barring ice and snow on the road surface. Almost any other climactic condition can be compensated for with good gear. Also as you have discovered once used to it, and temperature is like any other temp basically aand going out at 30 is no different than going out at 60 if you have the right gear.
I missed Thursday and Friday to snow.. But rode 69 miles yesterday at 39 degrees, the last 35 miles in the rain. I would be miserable standing on the sidewalk in those conditions, but on the bike I was actually enjoying myself. i like being the only bike out there, and when I see other bikes I go home and tell my wife it's not cold enough yet because others are still riding. Didn't see any others out yesterday lol.
Anyhow, we are lucky to have bikes as reliable as the CB, especially in adverse condition. Like having a trusty horse.
You ride safe out there and check in when you can.
. I have been in the rain a couple times in the high 30's and low 40's. That can be a test.
, I can't blame them, I'm sure I'm the only lab courier around here on a Motorcycle this time of year.Thanks, Redbirds, I am 56 myself, so I wasn't looking forward to it at first. Mickey isn't kidding when he says the right gear makes it easy. Once you figure it out, it really isn't all that bad, in fact, it get's downright comfy. I'm having fun with it now.redbirds_imp said:Good on you David for persevering despite the discomforts. I can't imagine having to ride in such conditions at my age especially at night. Be careful out there.
Thanks Django,Django_imp said:David, I'm really impressed.
Keep on riding. :beerchug:

You're not that far ahead of me. Guess I should start talking the scenic route home more often.davidsargee_imp said:Some of you may be scratching your heads at my 4800+ miles so far this year, especially considering that in the past I would not ride in temps less than 60 degrees,. I can assure you that number is correct, I log miles for business purposes. One reason I am not on the forum very much is that I'm out riding so much.
Due to a freak occurence with my car,(driver's side door "hinges" broken, door won't close at all), my CB1100 is my daily driver for the foreseeable future, in rain, snow, or shine, or all three. The door on the car is going to cost a great deal of money to repair, and since it was not damaged in an accident, or "act of God", my insurance is not covering the damage.
I work my "regular" job running a Meat and Seafood Market in the daytime, commuting 19 miles daily for that job. In the afternoons/evenings/nights, Monday thru Friday, I am a Medical Lab courier. I make my rounds of roughly 12-15 Doctor's offices picking up Lab Specimens to be shipped to our Lab for testing. This job is as an independent contractor, I provide the vehicle, gas, maintenance, insurance, etc., and I'm paid a flat rate per lab specimen picked up. I perform all of this on my trusty 2013 CB1100, riding anywhere from 75 to 115 miles per night on the courier duties, Mon thru Fri. Some weeks I log over 600 miles.
Being a "warm weather" motorcyclist, using my bike as my daily transportation, (since November), was at first a daunting challenge. I purchased some cold weather gear, particularly a heated vest and gloves, (lifesavers), and wore as many layers as I could wear and still zip up my riding jacket.
One result of all of this is that I have greatly expanded my "comfort zone" regarding weather conditions, precipitation, etc. I now think nothing of jumping on the bike in 30 degree weather and riding 100 miles, I was on the route one night at 26 degrees. As long as I can keep my hands, neck, and feet warm, anything is possible, (Mickey would be proud). I never thought I would say this, but I have actually discovered that I enjoy riding in brisk weather, the CB1100 runs at it's best in the dense air and cool temps, the engine feels smoother, torquier, and way crisper than at any other time.
I would like to pass on this one last observation . I have put over 7500 miles on my bike since mid November, most of it in cold/wet weather. On the courier route, I am on the freeway at 75+ mph for about a third of the route, the other two thirds is stop and go, and mad dashing around on the perilous streets of Arlington, Mansfield, Ft. Worth, Saginaw, Keller, Watauga, North Richland Hills, Hurst, Bedford, Colleyville, Southlake, Flower Mound, and Grapevine, Texas. I then go to the Fedex Shipping center at the DFW Airport. It can be harsh duty. The CB just keeps going, it's bulletproof, I have kept up the maintenance religiously, and the bike just powers on like a champ. After all of this, I like this bike more than ever. Here's hoping for a couple of hundred thousand miles out of this great bike.
No Kennyw it looks like someone did change it back. Man I,m so sorry for doing that.kennyw_imp said:Husky, did you try the undo button?