CB1100 exhaust comparison

I’m slightly embarrassed to admit that the Arrow with the baffle out sounded best to me.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
I’m slightly embarrassed to admit that the Arrow with the baffle out sounded best to me.
Yep I agree.
m in sc_imp said:
are these just slip-ons or full systems?
On close inspection it looks like a slip on for a 4 into 1 system.
 
That is an excellent video, I came across it a few weeks ago when searching for a slip on for my 2013 model.

After watching several videos I decided on going with the Arrow

No doubt DB killer removed sounded best, that’s how I’m gonna run it when installed on my bike
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I’m slightly embarrassed to admit that the Arrow with the baffle out sounded best to me.
Arrow w/ Baffle out is probably my very favorite CB1100 sound of everything i've ever heard, and I dont even own one (they're pricey).
 
I *LOVE* my Staintune slip-on both on the stock header and on the Arrow catless header.

I can't wait to hear my 4-4...when I get around to installing it. :P
m in sc_imp said:
Hm. I'm really fond of my delkevic 4-into-one full system, and it was cheap. and no catalytic converter.. yay! sounds awesome. (and probably cheaper than an arrow slip on). Just something to consider. https://delkevic.com/full-system-to...teel-oval-muffler-and-stainless-steel-header/


I've never seen or heard it on this bike - but that price is a steal for a full exhaust!

Pics / video on your bike?
 
Delky is a surprisingly good value. +1 for the quality and it's worth mentioning that the Delkevic short round slip-on is the lightest proper slip on you can buy for your CB1100.
 
Thread starter
Bheezy27403_imp said:
m in sc_imp said:
Hm. I'm really fond of my delkevic 4-into-one full system, and it was cheap. and no catalytic converter.. yay! sounds awesome. (and probably cheaper than an arrow slip on). Just something to consider. https://delkevic.com/full-system-to...teel-oval-muffler-and-stainless-steel-header/
I still want one of these. Someday...
I still want one of these. Someday...
Not available in the UK :( for a 2019 Rs and no plans to be in the future, neither have any other companies... only two I could find was Arrow and Ironhead and both same price.
 
The Delkevic full system sure is attractive at that price point and I’ve always preferred a full system on an inline 4.

I had a V&H Competition plus full system on my GS750E back in the 80’s, no center stand and had to pull the header for oil changes but what the heck it was an absolute beast…same with the Hindle 4-1 on my 1200 Bandit w/RS36 Mikuni’s and GSXR1100 cams. With that said, How do I decide to go with the Arrow slip on?

First, I kinda like the stock 4-1 header, aesthetically the cat blends nicely into the collector and the offset bends on my 2013 are splendid. Performance wise I don’t see much benefit on ditching the stock header, heck even the tune for that matter as the low stock CR and small valves/TB are really gonna handicap any real power increases.

So that left sound, the Delkevic to me was a little raspy while the Arrow, with the DB killer removed, has a much deeper tone and in the end that what decided it for me.

Now I just gotta find a deal on a seat as I’m finding the stock seat to be one of the worst I have ever had
 
1985CB450_imp said:
The Delkevic full system sure is attractive at that price point and I’ve always preferred a full system on an inline 4.

I had a V&H Competition plus full system on my GS750E back in the 80’s, no center stand and had to pull the header for oil changes but what the heck it was an absolute beast…same with the Hindle 4-1 on my 1200 Bandit w/RS36 Mikuni’s and GSXR1100 cams. With that said, How do I decide to go with the Arrow slip on?

First, I kinda like the stock 4-1 header, aesthetically the cat blends nicely into the collector and the offset bends on my 2013 are splendid. Performance wise I don’t see much benefit on ditching the stock header, heck even the tune for that matter as the low stock CR and small valves/TB are really gonna handicap any real power increases.

So that left sound, the Delkevic to me was a little raspy while the Arrow, with the DB killer removed, has a much deeper tone and in the end that what decided it for me.

Now I just gotta find a deal on a seat as I’m finding the stock seat to be one of the worst I have ever had

This bike makes an additional 16-18whp just from basic intake/exhaust/tune without even opening the engine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Tom_imp said:
I've got a yoshi if anyone wants it for a really nice price. I like the nice quiet stock pipes.
Do you still have the Yoshi?
Either way, did it require taking off and/or losing the center stand?
Thanks
inditx
 
I have a 14" Delkevic slip on that came with my bike. The link pipe has provisions for the center stand and no clearance issues. Fit and finish is really nice. I pulled it off and went back to stock as that's what I'm in to.
Funny though, that the Delkevic 14" with the insert is actually about the same sound as stock...
 
Back
Top