CB1100 dual sport

gcarper_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Mounted some semi-knobs on the CB, and then took a ride on a rainy day, rode some dirt roads around Brown Mtn NC. I like!!
 
What are they like on the pavement?
 
gcarper_imp said:
Mounted some semi-knobs on the CB, and then took a ride on a rainy day, rode some dirt roads around Brown Mtn NC. I like!!
Have you gone and lost your mind?!

Haha! Looks pretty cool and would love to see your CB making its way through the dirt.
 
LOL you crack me up GCarper, but considering where you took it with street tires the knobbies are probably a good idea.
 
Now that setup is just cool as he*l. :thumbsup:
There have many times when I wanted to take this or that back road but was reluctant to because of the street-only tires on my CB.
I guess a new set of wheels and tires would be a LOT cheaper that buying a dedicated DP bike. :)
Thanks for making me smile. :thumbsup: :beerchug:
 
So who needs a Ducati Scrambler. Those tires would be useful for riding the many miles of dirt roads around home. What brand and size?
 
Wild looking horn too BTW.
 
You are crazy! But I think the young couple heading down to Argentina would love those tires.
 
Thread starter
I've only been on the one day ride and it was OK. You can feel the tires at low speed but it all smooths out as the speed increases. The roads were wet so I didn't push it too much, but they seemed to stick pretty good in the curves. Of course on dirt all was good and my buddies were glad the roads were damp or wet, no dust. Felt good to snap the throttle and spin the rear. It was kind of difficult finding dirt tires for 18" wheels. The rear is a Pirelli and the front a Kenda. Bought both from Motorcycle Superstore for a very good price. Now I have to find my engine guards and re-install them. Took them off as I was grinding them down on the NC roads. I don't think I'll be so GP racer with the knobbies and they may be of some use one day. I have the Interceptor to enjoy GP style.
 
gcarper_imp said:
Mounted some semi-knobs on the CB, and then took a ride on a rainy day, rode some dirt roads around Brown Mtn NC. I like!!
Looks great! Wondering if you have more photos that you can post? I also noticed you have some handguards installed. Keen to see more shots! thanks!
 
gcarper_imp said:
Mounted some semi-knobs on the CB, and then took a ride on a rainy day, rode some dirt roads around Brown Mtn NC. I like!!
Now this bike looks like it is ridden! How do they handle on the street? just read top of the page. Been years since I had a bike with knobbies or semi knobbies.
 
I have adventure tires on my Suzi DL1000, and they handle pavement very well. I have a bud whose Dad mounted a knobby on the rear of his Triumph Bonnie and thrashed it thru the hills, trails and sand dunes of MI.
 
you can make just about anything you want to out of a CB. a cafe racer, a sport touring bike, a touring bike, and yes, even a scrambler / adventure bike! got to love the CB!
 
I'd like to see a 1100cc in a dual-sport adventure frame with long-travel suspenders, with a windshield and hard bags. That might be the do-it-all bike I need, but for now I'm happy with the CB1100 and a Suzi DL1000.
 
Back
Top