cb1100 discontinued in canada?

I walked into my local dealership today where there has been a 2014 black model on the floor for a few months. They rolled it out and it looked swell. I asked the selling price and after a check, the rep came back with $9,500. My jaw just about hit the floor. So I said, "Give me a few minutes to look over the VFR." They had a 2014 Vfer with ABS, traction control a center stand and a big red card in its windshield - Sale $10,000. That's about a $13,500 bike and retailing considerably above this black standard. I've had three before but that price was tempting, even though my mind's been on the CB. I then came to the decision to go with the CB and asked for a clarification: was that price including dealer prep and shipping. No it did not - cooling point #1. I then checked to see what those values were. Cooling point #2: $995 each! Seems to me this dealership isn't motivated. A day before after a web search I found a DLX the next town over listed for $1,195.00. I emailed them immediately then, after a couple of hours of no response, called the dealership to see if they were closed for the Martin Luther King holiday. Open - I then got an enthusiastic sales rep who said he'd follow up both on the email and on my call. Nothing heard from them as yet and the ad is still up. The biggest dealership anywhere in my area doesn't have the 1100 nor could they tell me if they were getting one. One other dealership to whom I have not placed an offer has a single 1100 black. I was in and out in about 15 minutes with no push or energy expended towards the prospect that I was. It's coming into mid-winter in the next few weeks. This situation is weird to me after decades of motorcycle buys where I could hardly get out the door without some serious negotiations/offers from the business end. I can wait.
 
Welcome to the forum, Johnny. I hope your next post is just as wordy, but is filled with your thoughts on your new CB1100. I can wait.
 
Welcome, Johnny. Do Not get discouraged. One dealer didn't call me back, and another, after I drove over there, said no test rides, and just showed me a bike that they just uncrated, it was sitting out back by the loading dock. They said I couldn't even listen to it as it didn't have a battery, and the salesman actually walked away from me as I was sitting on the bike, and went back inside. I left my contact info anyway with the dealership owner and said call me back when it's all set up. Guess what? Never got a callback. You would think that the owner would have told someone to call me.

It's a darn shame the way some places do business. In no way am I going to fight a dealership to take my $10,000 hard-earned money!
 
Jonnyallover_imp said:
I walked into my local dealership today where there has been a 2014 black model on the floor for a few months. They rolled it out and it looked swell. I asked the selling price and after a check, the rep came back with $9,500. My jaw just about hit the floor. So I said, "Give me a few minutes to look over the VFR." They had a 2014 Vfer with ABS, traction control a center stand and a big red card in its windshield - Sale $10,000. That's about a $13,500 bike and retailing considerably above this black standard. I've had three before but that price was tempting, even though my mind's been on the CB. I then came to the decision to go with the CB and asked for a clarification: was that price including dealer prep and shipping. No it did not - cooling point #1. I then checked to see what those values were. Cooling point #2: $995 each! Seems to me this dealership isn't motivated. A day before after a web search I found a DLX the next town over listed for $1,195.00. I emailed them immediately then, after a couple of hours of no response, called the dealership to see if they were closed for the Martin Luther King holiday. Open - I then got an enthusiastic sales rep who said he'd follow up both on the email and on my call. Nothing heard from them as yet and the ad is still up. The biggest dealership anywhere in my area doesn't have the 1100 nor could they tell me if they were getting one. One other dealership to whom I have not placed an offer has a single 1100 black. I was in and out in about 15 minutes with no push or energy expended towards the prospect that I was. It's coming into mid-winter in the next few weeks. This situation is weird to me after decades of motorcycle buys where I could hardly get out the door without some serious negotiations/offers from the business end. I can wait.
Where's this at? My bank account is hopping this isn't a white model...
 
kevbroce_imp said:
Jonnyallover_imp said:
I walked into my local dealership today where there has been a 2014 black model on the floor for a few months. They rolled it out and it looked swell. I asked the selling price and after a check, the rep came back with $9,500. My jaw just about hit the floor. So I said, "Give me a few minutes to look over the VFR." They had a 2014 Vfer with ABS, traction control a center stand and a big red card in its windshield - Sale $10,000. That's about a $13,500 bike and retailing considerably above this black standard. I've had three before but that price was tempting, even though my mind's been on the CB. I then came to the decision to go with the CB and asked for a clarification: was that price including dealer prep and shipping. No it did not - cooling point #1. I then checked to see what those values were. Cooling point #2: $995 each! Seems to me this dealership isn't motivated. A day before after a web search I found a DLX the next town over listed for $1,195.00. I emailed them immediately then, after a couple of hours of no response, called the dealership to see if they were closed for the Martin Luther King holiday. Open - I then got an enthusiastic sales rep who said he'd follow up both on the email and on my call. Nothing heard from them as yet and the ad is still up. The biggest dealership anywhere in my area doesn't have the 1100 nor could they tell me if they were getting one. One other dealership to whom I have not placed an offer has a single 1100 black. I was in and out in about 15 minutes with no push or energy expended towards the prospect that I was. It's coming into mid-winter in the next few weeks. This situation is weird to me after decades of motorcycle buys where I could hardly get out the door without some serious negotiations/offers from the business end. I can wait.
Where's this at? My bank account is hopping this isn't a white model...
Where's this at? My bank account is hopping this isn't a white model...
Del Amo Motorsports, Newport Beach, CA. Red. Yeah! The white rocks. -Reminds me of one I saw flying low over the ground next to Ft. Knox about 26 years ago. Again, expect about $950 ea. dealer prep & freight. -Show us your negotiating skills, pal. Best of luck!
 
Jonnyallover_imp said:
kevbroce_imp said:
Jonnyallover_imp said:
I walked into my local dealership today where there has been a 2014 black model on the floor for a few months. They rolled it out and it looked swell. I asked the selling price and after a check, the rep came back with $9,500. My jaw just about hit the floor. So I said, "Give me a few minutes to look over the VFR." They had a 2014 Vfer with ABS, traction control a center stand and a big red card in its windshield - Sale $10,000. That's about a $13,500 bike and retailing considerably above this black standard. I've had three before but that price was tempting, even though my mind's been on the CB. I then came to the decision to go with the CB and asked for a clarification: was that price including dealer prep and shipping. No it did not - cooling point #1. I then checked to see what those values were. Cooling point #2: $995 each! Seems to me this dealership isn't motivated. A day before after a web search I found a DLX the next town over listed for $1,195.00. I emailed them immediately then, after a couple of hours of no response, called the dealership to see if they were closed for the Martin Luther King holiday. Open - I then got an enthusiastic sales rep who said he'd follow up both on the email and on my call. Nothing heard from them as yet and the ad is still up. The biggest dealership anywhere in my area doesn't have the 1100 nor could they tell me if they were getting one. One other dealership to whom I have not placed an offer has a single 1100 black. I was in and out in about 15 minutes with no push or energy expended towards the prospect that I was. It's coming into mid-winter in the next few weeks. This situation is weird to me after decades of motorcycle buys where I could hardly get out the door without some serious negotiations/offers from the business end. I can wait.
Where's this at? My bank account is hopping this isn't a white model...
Where's this at? My bank account is hopping this isn't a white model...
Del Amo Motorsports, Newport Beach, CA. Red. Yeah! The white rocks. -Reminds me of one I saw flying low over the ground next to Ft. Knox about 26 years ago. Again, expect about $950 ea. dealer prep & freight. -Show us your negotiating skills, pal. Best of luck!
Where's this at? My bank account is hopping this isn't a white model...
Del Amo Motorsports, Newport Beach, CA. Red. Yeah! The white rocks. -Reminds me of one I saw flying low over the ground next to Ft. Knox about 26 years ago. Again, expect about $950 ea. dealer prep & freight. -Show us your negotiating skills, pal. Best of luck!
I'd only do white. When I bought my CB I just called every dealer in the area and ask for their out the door price, whoever was the lowest got the sale. Some of the dealers asked me not to tell anyone else what the quote. Ha. Sure thing...
 
I have a CB1100. They were not too easy to find here in Tennessee back in August. At that particular point in time, there was one in Murfreesboro. One in Franklin, one in Chattnooga, a 13 in Nashville (maybe should have snagged that). But I got one. So, really, should I care if they are discontinued? I'd care if I was waiting to buy one and they ran out and all I could buy was used. So, I suppose if you were saving up for one then you might go get one about right now before they get too rare in the Dealer showrooms. No?

So...if the 1100 was discontinued because we were the only ones that bought one then are we hurting for it? I don't think so, I think the accessories would dry up in a while but we can handle that by getting them now. Then our CBs do become rare cult items and we make a mint on them as long as we don't cafe them or some other thing like paint them a non-stock color, cause you know how badly that devalued the original 750s that were customized too much.
 
NightRider_imp said:
I have a CB1100. They were not too easy to find here in Tennessee back in August. At that particular point in time, there was one in Murfreesboro. One in Franklin, one in Chattnooga, a 13 in Nashville (maybe should have snagged that). But I got one. So, really, should I care if they are discontinued? I'd care if I was waiting to buy one and they ran out and all I could buy was used. So, I suppose if you were saving up for one then you might go get one about right now before they get too rare in the Dealer showrooms. No?

So...if the 1100 was discontinued because we were the only ones that bought one then are we hurting for it? I don't think so, I think the accessories would dry up in a while but we can handle that by getting them now. Then our CBs do become rare cult items and we make a mint on them as long as we don't cafe them or some other thing like paint them a non-stock color, cause you know how badly that devalued the original 750s that were customized too much.
After thinking a bit more about this, our bikes don't have near the following of the original 750. Not because it does not deserve it but because it simply is not the case. So, I suppose thinking it will become a cult bike is a reach. But do I care? Not really, I plan on enjoying it, especially with many of you in North Carolina in May at the Tail of the Dragon. That's what my CB is all about, my "ironhorse" and she is a great one and that is all that matters.
 
When the original 750 was introduced it was a big leap forward and had little competition.
These days the market is flooded with bikes and the CB is up against stiff competition.
It could very well become a cult bike if it doesn't last in the lineup.
As has been said, I have mine and I couldn't be happier.
 
IF any CBs get to be a cult classic it will be my black single piper especially since that black bad boy 11 hundred STD tore up those New York roads on Yooo hooo tube. Lighter, faster and in black metalica paint? Instant cult classic. I know that's right.
...it's got a bigger silencer. Think about it.
 
Back
Top