CB1100 Comparison

Thread starter
Thanks again guys. The used 13 w/abs I had my eye on got scooped up so I bought a 14 deluxe today. It's coming out of Wisconsin and will be here in about a week. Counting the days.
 
Congrats. Wonderful bike. you will love it.
 
Thread starter
They were asking $7K w/829 miles on it. it was at an san fran bay area used bike dealer. They had sold it before they took the craigslist posting down. I got a great deal on a '14 deluxe in Milwalkee area (over the phone) and coordinating shipping myself.
 
spakins_imp said:
Thanks again guys. The used 13 w/abs I had my eye on got scooped up so I bought a 14 deluxe today. It's coming out of Wisconsin and will be here in about a week. Counting the days.
The '14 lacks the beautiful asymmetry of the well proportioned '13 model and the silver side covers but I am sure you will still enjoy the bike ;) Congrats on the beautiful ride!
 
Looks like spakins made a decision, a quality of which I am extremely envious. Fortunately, I had an easy time with my purchase decision. I found a good deal on a used 2013 and I was blissfully unaware of the 6 speed upgrade on the 2014. When I learned of that, I was slightly chapped at having "only" 5 speeds, but several months of ownership have all but erased any desire to upgrade. I think the very existance of such a hotly debated and oft entertaining dialogue regarding the 2013 vs 2014 models speaks volumes about how great both are. I've yet to see anybody say how awful the 2013 is compared to the 2014.
 
Thread starter
Very well said. I wanted to go with ABS and those are hard to find on 13s. I would have been happy with either year, I am sure.

I have ridden and raced off road for 20 years and owned a 2K Triumph thunderbird sport for several years. ABS was not an option on that bike and I had one close call with the front wheel on some loose surface going around a corner. I decided the cons of ABS mattered less to me than the pros. I hope I feel that way after riding the bike ;)
 
Back
Top