CB Swamp Run

redbirds_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Nemo and I had a great ride today starting in St. George, GA. for breakfast at a country cafe. From there we rode the south side of the Okefenokee Swamp to Fargo, GA. and a stop at the headwaters of the Suwanee River which flows from this point to the Gulf of Mexico. Heading west from there on Hwy6 to Madison Blue Spring State Park near Madison, FL. East again to Lake Park, GA. for lunch at Rodeo Mexican Restaurant and awesome Quesadillas. East again to Statenville, GA. where we split up for our homes. I had covered 310 miles when I pulled into my garage.

3af72ec7beaa6b8ae66120e65bf12186.jpg


17b27b9626afc0f453800bd8f7b3ba61.jpg


daa53aa824e5c3d13694f26de5af5daa.jpg


a58d45f548f31a96314a09ddbbde41cc.jpg


169e4c0e1d862b6b6a908c148d60f246.jpg


3cf0c515f2e8f7a1afe72966529068e1.jpg


3645e20a4a756a4592aaefef4df9e684.jpg


ae5aaf33a27fb40b8c6ac2f774a20635.jpg


3e34015e3aa56de440ceddf37b07aea2.jpg
 
Nice!

That Nemo guy has the best smile
 
Nemo was the Rlet installing champion at the first rally in North Carolina, or was it the second rally in Virginia? Anyhow we watched in amazement as he installed one in 11 seconds. I think the next closest competitors time was several minutes.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Nemo was the Rlet installing champion at the first rally in North Carolina, or was it the second rally in Virginia? Anyhow we watched in amazement as he installed one in 11 seconds. I think the next closest competitors time was several minutes.
Virginia Rally and truly remarkable time. Nemo made it look easy.
 
Sadly, Nemo wasn’t at the first rally. I would like to have met him.

The 6th photo looks amazing on my phone screen, redbirds; amazing layering of colors in the water.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Sadly, Nemo wasn’t at the first rally. I would like to have met him.

The 6th photo looks amazing on my phone screen, redbirds; amazing layering of colors in the water.
Cool guy,very friendly, deep voice, great smile and laugh.Listens to weird music though, so I sent him some of the good stuff a couple years ago.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Sadly, Nemo wasn’t at the first rally. I would like to have met him.

The 6th photo looks amazing on my phone screen, redbirds; amazing layering of colors in the water.
The Suwanee and other rivers in the deep south have this dark "tea" coloring from the tannic acid in leaves and the white sand of the river bottom makes for lovely colors as the water depth changes. One benefit is that mosquito larva do not do well here, not that we do not have an abundance of these pests already. The Suwanee is also the eastern edge range of the largest freshwater turtle in North America, the Alligator Snapping Turtle. This river was made famous in song long ago and is fed by numerous clear springs as it meanders through Florida to the Gulf.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Sadly, Nemo wasn’t at the first rally. I would like to have met him.

The 6th photo looks amazing on my phone screen, redbirds; amazing layering of colors in the water.
Cool guy,very friendly, deep voice, great smile and laugh.Listens to weird music though, so I sent him some of the good stuff a couple years ago.
:rofl:
 
Cormanus_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Sadly, Nemo wasn’t at the first rally. I would like to have met him.

The 6th photo looks amazing on my phone screen, redbirds; amazing layering of colors in the water.
Cool guy,very friendly, deep voice, great smile and laugh.Listens to weird music though, so I sent him some of the good stuff a couple years ago.
:rofl:
:rofl:
The ferret_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Sadly, Nemo wasn’t at the first rally. I would like to have met him.

The 6th photo looks amazing on my phone screen, redbirds; amazing layering of colors in the water.
Cool guy,very friendly, deep voice, great smile and laugh.Listens to weird music though, so I sent him some of the good stuff a couple years ago.
Heh, heh, ... I am curious what "the good stuff" was.

Did it fix it? :)
 
He sent me a CD with the song 3 Little Birds by Bob Marley (Every little ting gonna be aw-right) and I sent him a CD of 5 Byrds ..The Byrds Greatest Hits (To every thing, Turn Turn Turn, there is a season turn turn turn)

I was just kidding about his music being weird, I was just not accustomed to listening to that genre, and it was nice to step out of my comfort zone while listening to it.

I'm sure his hair grew a foot and he got all peaceful like when he got my CD in return lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
He sent me a CD with the song 3 Little Birds by Bob Marley (Every little ting gonna be aw-right) and I sent him a CD of 5 Byrds ..The Byrds Greatest Hits (To every thing, Turn Turn Turn, there is a season turn turn turn)

I was just kidding about his music being weird, I was just not accustomed to listening to that genre, and it was nice to step out of my comfort zone while listening to it.

I'm sure his hair grew a foot and he got all peaceful like when he got my CD in return lol
A fine sample Ferret.

Arguably the greatest pop culture music came out of the '60s and early '70s, IMO anyway.
 
All these kind words make me think that we must have another Nemo that I don't know about... :D

It was great to catch up with my friend Redbirds. We haven't seen each other since before his major overhaul. We had a great time! He knows the best roads and best places to eat.



One thing... Steve and I said our goodbyes in Statenville, GA. I took GA94 to Fargo; rural, desolate road, flat and straight. About 30 miles. The CB had almost a full tank and used it all in those 30 miles. Super smooth in the neighborhood of 5k rpm sustaining 90-100 mph, but it gulped all the juice in the tank. :biker:



Weird music, Ferret? You haven't heard any of it... If you heard my playlist your head would explode. :D I like the 60'smellow vibe of The Byrds... Very like Mickey!

Peace!
 
Good to see that redbirds bloke up and about. And looking well too.
 
I think he's slimming down on us Cormanus
 
Never met Redbirds, but hope to ride with him someday. Very much enjoyed getting to know Nemo a little at the rally last year.

Let’s see.... if I rode 5 or 6 hundred miles southeast and Redbirds and Nemo rode about the same, but northwest .........
 
... and Cormanus travelled about 14,500 kms north east ...
 
I see a plan in the works!

FYI, Knoxville, TN is almost exactly half-way between Chicago, IL and Jacksonville, FL
 
Back
Top