CB Sighting Thread

\'64_imp" pid="20538" dateline="1470581520 said:
Since this thread is active again...
I spotted a red CB1100 on I-95 going south on Saturday, July 30th, around Fort Lauderdale. It was the first time that I saw one on the road and I was surprised at how small it looked when surrounded by all the highway traffic. The rider was wearing a pretty colorful helmet.
Perhaps one of the Florida Southern members? Seabee or Hiram E. Varona?
Sorry it wasn't me. It maybe the same one I saw recently but nobody has said it was them so maybe not a forum member.
 
capttwb136_imp said:
Hello, I belong to another forum that has a thread about sighting another BMW K1600. When I first joined the K1600 bikes were very rare to see on the road. Today while riding I spotted another CB1100, first time I've seen another one in my area. So I figure they are probably fairly rare.

So I wondered what you all thought about a "sighting" thread? I'll be the first to post. I saw a red CB1100 with a National Cycle Street shield on route 404 in Delaware between Bridgeville and Denton. Was it anyone from the forum?:beerchug:
I caught a glimpse of a blue CB1100 in Sturgis on Friday going east toward Bear Butte.
 
I was looking at a website with photos from "Bikes and Breakfast", a mothly meetup in Clifton, VA and there is a shot of a black standard from June's get together. Who dat?
 
Seen one black CB1100 last year in the local area in northern Utah and one red one in San Francisco in Feb of this year. Fairly rare bikes. That ties with me seeing two Moto Guzzi V7 Racers. One locally here in the Spring and one in New Braunfels, Texas last weekend. Not sure what I'd do if I actually met somebody on a CB. Probably first thing I'd ask is if they're on this forum.
 
I've had numerous sightings here in Southern California, but they are still relatively rare. One of the recruits in my club has a '13 Standard.
 
Someone owns a red CB with a back-seat near downtown Orlando. I've seen him on Fern Creek and Holden while headed to work in the mornings.
 
I saw a red 2013 std at Suffolk County Harley Davidson the other day. Guy was surprised I came up to him and started talking about the bike. Then I told him I own a 14, then asked if he was a forum member, he said no.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Multiple sightings of a red CB1100, weekdays northbound on OBT, eastbound on Holden, and northbound on Fern Creek. Rear passenger back rest, looks stock. Who are you?
 
To the best of my knowledge only two '13's and two 14's came into this province.
One of each was sold to elsewhere in the province leaving just mine and the other '13 in this metro area.
The chances of me running into the other 13 are pretty slim but not impossible.
I do know that an out-of-province '14 was traded in at the local Honda dealer and has since been sold so the odds of a sighting have been raised albeit marginally.
When I'm out on mine it gets quite a bit of attention because most people don't know what it is and at first blush think it's a restoration until they notice the 1100 on the side cover.
Being exclusive isn't all that bad :D
 
I'm at Fall Cycle Scene (aka Biketoberfest) and I've not seen a CB as of yet.
I was going to bring mine but I had no way to get it here. I usually bring 2 bikes, trailer 1 and ride the other, but the trailer was full :(
I had just put 2200 miles on the CB, so I figured it was time to ride the XSR and show it some love.
The weather is fab, there's normal attendance (not crowded at all!) and some great club racing going on.
Anybody going to be around, give me a holler, 321.228.0722.
 
Ok, I'll admit that I'm excited. Visiting Melbourne/Palm Bay FL for the holidays, and I just saw my first-ever DLX (with a top box) at the intersection of Palm Bay Road and I-95 @ 10:00 this morning. I had moved away about a year ago, and had never seen one in town before. I saw only one STD earlier this year up on the BRP in NC. So, that makes two CB1100 sightings for me in the 11 months since I bought mine!
 
Back
Top