CB Sighting Thread

capttwb136_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hello, I belong to another forum that has a thread about sighting another BMW K1600. When I first joined the K1600 bikes were very rare to see on the road. Today while riding I spotted another CB1100, first time I've seen another one in my area. So I figure they are probably fairly rare.

So I wondered what you all thought about a "sighting" thread? I'll be the first to post. I saw a red CB1100 with a National Cycle Street shield on route 404 in Delaware between Bridgeville and Denton. Was it anyone from the forum?:beerchug:
 
I've had my bike for almost a year and a half and have yet to see another one on the road. I kinda like having a bike this unique.
 
I saw one on Craigslist about 45 minutes from me for sale. 2013 red std, miner mods windshield, rack, 7400 miles. He wants $7500 for it. I think that's a little high.
 
Sweet, a "missed connections" thread for CB's. I like it.

You: white CB with Yoshi RS3 exhaust riding up Main street in Vancouver. You were dressed like a hipster, but happily rocking a proper full-face helmet. Me: guy in old man cardigan sitting on the patio of The Wallflower eating a Cristal Benny and starring at you as you rolled by. We have the same bike, but I've never seen you in the city or at any local bike hangouts, save for that one time.
 
Haven't seen another one in my area at all. Not even the Honda dealers in the Splendora/Cleveland/Conroe Texas areas have one:cool:

Did come out from the Post Office and have to shoo a bunch of guys off mine:thumbsup:

I think CB's were in a time that will never come again in the same way:P

ralph
 
Ralph_imp said:
Haven't seen another one in my area at all. Not even the Honda dealers in the Splendora/Cleveland/Conroe Texas areas have one:cool:

Did come out from the Post Office and have to shoo a bunch of guys off mine:thumbsup:

I think CB's were in a time that will never come again in the same way:P

ralph
People were actually sitting on your bike? I would have gone unglued.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Ralph_imp said:
Haven't seen another one in my area at all. Not even the Honda dealers in the Splendora/Cleveland/Conroe Texas areas have one:cool:

Did come out from the Post Office and have to shoo a bunch of guys off mine:thumbsup:

I think CB's were in a time that will never come again in the same way:P

ralph
People were actually sitting on your bike? I would have gone unglued.
People were actually sitting on your bike? I would have gone unglued.
Well I might have come unglued but if you could see the enthusiasm and longing in their eyes when they saw it and touched it you probably would felt like I did:P

These bikes touched people in ways we didn't think was possible. You get questions like, is it new, how old, what is it, where can I get one etc. Kinda nice actually.

ralph
 
kmoney_imp said:
Sweet, a "missed connections" thread for CB's. I like it.

You: white CB with Yoshi RS3 exhaust riding up Main street in Vancouver. You were dressed like a hipster, but happily rocking a proper full-face helmet. Me: guy in old man cardigan sitting on the patio of The Wallflower eating a Cristal Benny and starring at you as you rolled by. We have the same bike, but I've never seen you in the city or at any local bike hangouts, save for that one time.
I'm sitting here at the train station in Vancouver waiting to depart to Seattle and sadly did not see any CB1100s while visiting. I was really hoping to see one of the blue or white ones we don't get in the US.

I did see a black 2014 on Monday Oct 19 around 8:30 to 9 am going down 5th Ave around Blanchard in Seattle if that is anybody here.
 
Since I bought mine in April '13 I haven't seen another one on the road.

I did see a CB1100 owner today. I was sitting at a light and a white truck passing in the right turn lane starts honking his horn. Guy leans out of the window, points at my bike and yells, "Hey, I've got one of those too!".
 
Don't you mean April '13, Flyn?

I've had three sightings. The first was a white CB I saw parked near Somerset Dam while travelling south. The second was another white one that appeared in my town one day. The bloke said he bought it after having a conversation with me some time before. I've never seen him or it again. The third was a black one that pulled on to the main highway next to me. I was in the car with my wife and said, "Hey, look at that! Someone's pinched my bike."
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Don't you mean April '13, Flyn?

I've had three sightings. The first was a white CB I saw parked near Somerset Dam while travelling south. The second was another white one that appeared in my town one day. The bloke said he bought it after having a conversation with me some time before. I've never seen him or it again. The third was a black one that pulled on to the main highway next to me. I was in the car with my wife and said, "Hey, look at that! Someone's pinched my bike."
Of course I did! :P Corrected.
 
Spotted a 2013 turning from US1 Northbound on to SE 17th Street East bound on Friday evening 8/5/16 in Fort Lauderdale. Was it a Forum member?
 
This is a little late, but spotted one in Memphis at 385 and Riverdale,red 2013 standard. A good while ago.
 
Spotted a 2013 in Evergreen, CO, today. I'm thinking it's the same one I spotted last Saturday leaving RPM Motorsports in Lakewood, CO, about 20 miles away. What are the odds?
 
Since this thread is active again...
I spotted a red CB1100 on I-95 going south on Saturday, July 30th, around Fort Lauderdale. It was the first time that I saw one on the road and I was surprised at how small it looked when surrounded by all the highway traffic. The rider was wearing a pretty colorful helmet.
Perhaps one of the Florida Southern members? Seabee or Hiram E. Varona?
 
\'64_imp" pid="20538" dateline="1470581520 said:
Since this thread is active again...
I spotted a red CB1100 on I-95 going south on Saturday, July 30th, around Fort Lauderdale. It was the first time that I saw one on the road and I was surprised at how small it looked when surrounded by all the highway traffic. The rider was wearing a pretty colorful helmet.
Perhaps one of the Florida Southern members? Seabee or Hiram E. Varona?
Yep. These aren't big bikes.
 
Back
Top