Lot's of ground to cover in this post.
I think we still have a thread going about trailering a bike and tie down points and so forth. So, I loaded the bike into a small 5X8 trailer I picked up from a friend.
The ramp I picked up at Harbor Freight. I never buy anything mechanical/electrical from them but I will buy things like this. The load rating is for 1,100 pounds. However, when I rolled the CB on it for the first time there was some (in my estimation) significant flex. Afterwards I noticed a few heads off pop rivets laying on the ground.
So I fixed that:
Then I REALLY fixed it by bolting 3 boxed IRON rails underneath. Heavy as heck now but pretty solid.
Inside the trailer is a removable chock with 2X6's bolted to it to give it a wider stance for increased stability. Tie downs are anchored into metal sub frame of trailer. I move the chock between my trailers depending on what my needs are at the time.
Dropped the CB off for new plugs, valve adjustment as required , rear brake pad replacement and brake fluid flush. estimated at $600.
Middle aged Shop tech rolled bike inside the store, on the main floor and said "Never seen one of these before, this is a looker, going right in the place of honor in the middle"
Better shots of bikes they had in there from last time:
Also dropped K&H seat off at upholstery shop and waiting for them to call back on what repair costs will be on the seam that's separating.
I think we still have a thread going about trailering a bike and tie down points and so forth. So, I loaded the bike into a small 5X8 trailer I picked up from a friend.
The ramp I picked up at Harbor Freight. I never buy anything mechanical/electrical from them but I will buy things like this. The load rating is for 1,100 pounds. However, when I rolled the CB on it for the first time there was some (in my estimation) significant flex. Afterwards I noticed a few heads off pop rivets laying on the ground.
So I fixed that:
Then I REALLY fixed it by bolting 3 boxed IRON rails underneath. Heavy as heck now but pretty solid.
Inside the trailer is a removable chock with 2X6's bolted to it to give it a wider stance for increased stability. Tie downs are anchored into metal sub frame of trailer. I move the chock between my trailers depending on what my needs are at the time.
Dropped the CB off for new plugs, valve adjustment as required , rear brake pad replacement and brake fluid flush. estimated at $600.
Middle aged Shop tech rolled bike inside the store, on the main floor and said "Never seen one of these before, this is a looker, going right in the place of honor in the middle"
Better shots of bikes they had in there from last time:
Also dropped K&H seat off at upholstery shop and waiting for them to call back on what repair costs will be on the seam that's separating.
Awesome, thanks.

