CB Barn Finds

MFGUSA_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
After mowing the grass at my cabin, I drove my CB over to the neighbors property for a chat. He loved the look of the 1100 and then motioned me to his shed where he had a CHERRY '76 CB750 Four with a Vetter fairing and padded sissy bar and asked if I was interested in purchasing it.

Then on my way home, with the CB750 on my mind, I stopped at another gentlemans house to look at a set of Keystone Classics that he was selling and I happened to notice a covered bike in the corner of his garage. '79 CB650 Custom that he was interested in selling as well. - What is going on? Two in one day!

The wife is going to Kill me!
 
Thread starter
You guys are swell helping me out like this..uhum

I made an offer on the '76 and he'll have time to consider it until I get back up there. As far as the '79 - I dunno. Love to get them both but nowhere to put them or time to putz with them. Wow, I certainly wasn't expecting this. All I really wanted was the Keystones.
I should start reading my Horoscope. Last week I called a party regarding a '68 455 Olds motor. When I went there he had a fully restored '70 442 W30 4-speed parked in the corner that he was willing to part with. Geesh!
I will take pics and post them eventually. This Barn find stuff can be my new hobby!
 
MFGUSA_imp said:
You guys are swell helping me out like this..uhum

I made an offer on the '76 and he'll have time to consider it until I get back up there. As far as the '79 - I dunno. Love to get them both but nowhere to put them or time to putz with them. Wow, I certainly wasn't expecting this. All I really wanted was the Keystones.
I should start reading my Horoscope. Last week I called a party regarding a '68 455 Olds motor. When I went there he had a fully restored '70 442 W30 4-speed parked in the corner that he was willing to part with. Geesh!
I will take pics and post them eventually. This Barn find stuff can be my new hobby!
How much??

Grrrrrrrrrrrr...............


This was my baby
2d5bd1c96cb6f6d8cfca94bcbad99afe.jpg


Until.......
4c8ea7640fab6818c91c8ba50152d1f9.jpg


f61f88a369143579cec14752160d0ca1.jpg


dc98b00544c1caa91488ebb170a5200f.jpg


Note to self....don't drive 360HP/500ft lb tq during the first rain of the season......EVER!
 
Keep us posted on the bikes. The 76 is the best bike but check it out very well before you buy. Does it run? When was the last time it was run etc.
 
Ouch! Randy! Reminds me of my 69 442 that I wrapped around a tree after losing traction :angel: back in 1986! Ripped the entire front end off the car and thankfully I stepped out of it without a scratch!
 
Lol....you're killin me man. ;)
What was he asking for the W30?
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
If you buy the bikes, I will take care of your wife if she leaves you.
Seriously? She likes to spend LOTS of money.
Randy, apparently you can't be trusted behind the wheel of such an awesome machine.

He's looking north of 60k anyways.
 
I got caught off guard at work. That's what I get for not watching the weather report. I bought that car in 1995 in Addison Il, sold it in 1998 and bought it back in 2006. I moved to San Jose in 2008 and that pole jumped in front of me in Oct 2011. It died 20 miles from where it was born. It was built in Fremont.
:(
 
You are doing something right will all these barn finds. I would like just one.

I STRONGLY suggest buying the mega lottery ticket as your stars have aligned!

The spirit of great old vehicles has blessed you my son. Go forth and acquire, and it is sinful not to share.
 
Thread starter
Neat story Randy. Tragic though.

Mine was built in Freemont too. Bought it while in the service in San Diego and drove it back to Wisconsin. I heavily modified and raced it for a while, now its restored to factory look and relegated to car show duty. The Built motor is now in my sons '70 pro Street 442, not that the current 455 is a slouch. It still runs in the high 11's with the MT SS's.
 
Thread starter
Union Grove? "WHERE THE BIG ONES RUN!" I spent lots of time and money there but mostly watching my buddies race their cars. Listening to WLS's Bill Bailey or WCJL's John Landecker. Cruising Sheridan road (I was always shotgun). Spent many a summer in Kenosha. Man those were the days. I worked at the Clark station on I-94 & Hwy 50 (to Lake Geneva) for one summer. That place was nuts. Drove a CB450 to work everyday (with no drivers license) and never got stopped. No one was sure who's bike it was either.

Uh, no. All at KK raceway in Kaukauna.
 
Lol. Broadway Bob. The jet dragsters setting the tower on fire.
My buddy has a 68 Mustang that runs mid 8's and REGULARLY drags the rear bumper.....and if you know where the bumper is on a 68 Mustang you will understand how high that wheel stand is. Lets just say his front suspension doesn't like it very much when it comes back down...lol.
 
Thread starter
Those were the times I remember most in my early life.:rolleyes:
Possibly Saturday I can check out the CB650. He says there is a big flat spot when he accelerates so it probably needs the carbs cleaned.
I got the 4 Keystones, with decent rubber, for a Hundred- Whoopee!!
 
Back
Top