Castle in the Clouds

Chapomis_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Headed north yesterday to the Lake Winnipesaukee area. On the way there we stopped at the Canterbury Shaker Village, pretty interesting, sorry no pictures :( Today we rode around the south end of the lake, a lot of very nice riding in the area. Especially nice as there really wasn't much traffic, it being a week day and off season. Perfect weather, mid 70s, clear sky's and no humidity !



[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/D0ABE0C1-422B-4FFD-A77A-3891370F2258_zps7zlkp85n.jpg.html]

Saw the sign for this and couldn't pass it up.

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/F6E70089-E9A3-4ACE-BE60-8A696A25FA64_zpsbw9dkyx8.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/67B0B7B2-21F8-4075-A34F-4E135731DD93_zpsbbhtuvu5.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/C8F5CAEE-9557-4524-A6AE-3C2B3CF47B19_zpssvzeylb3.jpg.html]

Stopped in Wolfboro, Americas first resort town (according to Wolfboro) and had a great lunch. Then off to the Castle in the Clouds (worth googling, to tired to give you the history)

This is the road up the mountain

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/ABA3DB0F-F610-452C-AF34-3AE16E88B863_zpsgcghsohi.jpg.html]

Waterfall stop on the way up

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/309406AC-2707-4FD8-BDE9-58DC27B49A57_zpsw6vfso4i.jpg.html]

Old picture of the castle (it was on the wall of the men's room)

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/D326E776-9683-4621-9E91-CFCF9F380E38_zpsjnrgkohf.jpg.html]

Main entrance as it is today

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/69677B1E-1EFA-4DE0-9E6B-8DE70F967F98_zpsiaewsczm.jpg.html]

And the view from any west facing window

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/E8DF5571-3A5B-442D-A5DE-40888776D827_zpsieogzetp.jpg.html]

Important edit, build your own sundae

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/3B7CF0B4-BFA9-47FE-89C5-06D386188ECF_zps1ci7ybqo.jpg.html]
 
Lovely photos Alan. I envy your weather, 98 and high humidity here today. So hot and humid you feel as though you can't breathe. Supposed to hit 101 here tomorrow so I will be inside, enjoying Carrier's great invention and watching Motogp highlights.
 
Great pics. I really like the second one down. I also like that wooden boat in the museum, although I have no desire to be out on water in one ( I am a land lubbing mountain person). Just think it's a neat looking boat.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Great pics. I really like the second one down. I also like that wooden boat in the museum, although I have no desire to be out on water in one ( I am a land lubbing mountain person). Just think it's a neat looking boat.
Those wooden lake boats are gourgous, but I wouldn't want to varnish them every year. My father was known on Nantucket as Captain Seaweed, he took away any desire I might of had to be a boater.
 
Great photos, Chapomis. You're getting about a bit. What are you riding on this trip?
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Great photos, Chapomis. You're getting about a bit. What are you riding on this trip?
2up this weekend, so we're riding the Spyder. Cruising (in a boat) on Squam lake now.
 
Enjoy the cruise and keep away from the varnish!
 
Bet they weren't riding motorcycles. :P
 
b09b41d513402f55b3a3deb49f1a8f14.jpg


Seldom been a truer word spoken.
 
Beautiful pictures. I definitely want to ride in your area some day. Pretty sure Mickey could bolt that sign right below his license plate.
 
Chapomis, you should have bought one of those signs and sent it to Mickey! :)
 
Cormanus_imp said:
b09b41d513402f55b3a3deb49f1a8f14.jpg


Seldom been a truer word spoken.

:rofl: Heed the warning people, heed the warning.
 
Back
Top