California Dreamin'

Great, should be an awesome trip. Will be following along. Safe travels to you and the Mrs.
 
It's hard to think of anything much better than older roads along a cooler climate coast exposed to a major ocean, autumn (fall) weather, a motorbike, the company of a beautiful woman and time to enjoy both.

Ride well, you two. This Aussie will follow along.
 
How many miles do you plan to ride per day?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
How many miles do you plan to ride per day?
Hey Ferret... I always try to keep the actual saddle time to less than 4 hrs. Depending on speed limits and road conditions, that can be as little as 180 miles. My priority is always making sure we leave lots of time in the day for meal stops, photos and such, plus I ride at a relaxed pace pretty much always...it's about taking in the sights, not how many cars we can pass. - K
 
kvdv_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
How many miles do you plan to ride per day?
Hey Ferret... I always try to keep the actual saddle time to less than 4 hrs. Depending on speed limits and road conditions, that can be as little as 180 miles. My priority is always making sure we leave lots of time in the day for meal stops, photos and such, plus I ride at a relaxed pace pretty much always...it's about taking in the sights, not how many cars we can pass. - K
Hey Ferret... I always try to keep the actual saddle time to less than 4 hrs. Depending on speed limits and road conditions, that can be as little as 180 miles. My priority is always making sure we leave lots of time in the day for meal stops, photos and such, plus I ride at a relaxed pace pretty much always...it's about taking in the sights, not how many cars we can pass. - K
I agree :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
MMC_imp said:
I'm near Huntington Beach, any plans to stop there?

Sent from me......
Hey MMC...no, we're going as far as Big Sur, camping there for a couple nights, then we head back north. Someday I'd like to ride all the way down the coast to San Diego, but that's not going to work out this time.
 
Spectacular report so far Kvdv. Enjoying following along and of course the pictures are wonderful. What a trip for you two.
 
kvdv_imp said:
MMC_imp said:
I'm near Huntington Beach, any plans to stop there?

Sent from me......
Hey MMC...no, we're going as far as Big Sur, camping there for a couple nights, then we head back north. Someday I'd like to ride all the way down the coast to San Diego, but that's not going to work out this time.
Hey MMC...no, we're going as far as Big Sur, camping there for a couple nights, then we head back north. Someday I'd like to ride all the way down the coast to San Diego, but that's not going to work out this time. Well, if and when you do get to come down look me up.... Looks like an awesome trip you're on. Enjoy, ride safe.

Sent from me......
 
Great report, kvdv. I'm glad I keep remembering to look at it. The San Francisco pictures are particularly poignant for me this week as my eldest son has made his first trip to that city and posted photos of that prison and that bridge.
 
We have some outstanding ride reports going right now. This being one of them. I'm enamored with the paint scheme and color selection on that Indian. That's one good looking bike right there. The CB is practically invisible next to it.
 
Back
Top