Cafe Racer

ender_ong_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
-WM short front fender
-Rise Corporation headlight bracket
-Lowered headlight position, removed horn
-Modified instrument cluster metal stay to lay flatter
-Woodcraft Clip-Ons
-Motogadget rubber grips
-Motogadget m.View cafe glassless bar end mirrors
-Yoshimura front and rear LED turn signals
-Posh LED turn signal relay
-Moriwaki full exhaust
-Moriwaki rear sets
-Chic Design seat
-Ryujin rear fender eliminator
-Ryujin rear grab bars (still need to fab some brackets for mismatched holes, zip ties for now)

6c47123b4e0dc51803dcd038ff74b2fb.jpg
 
Nice, you've done allot of work to that CB Ender. Popping the front Reflectors is a free mod to consider. Looks pretty nice to my eyes...
 
ender_ong_imp said:
-WM short front fender
-Rise Corporation headlight bracket
-Lowered headlight position, removed horn
-Modified instrument cluster metal stay to lay flatter
-Woodcraft Clip-Ons
-Motogadget rubber grips
-Motogadget m.View cafe glassless bar end mirrors
-Yoshimura front and rear LED turn signals
-Posh LED turn signal relay
-Moriwaki full exhaust
-Moriwaki rear sets
-Chic Design seat
-Ryujin rear fender eliminator
-Ryujin rear grab bars (still need to fab some brackets for mismatched holes, zip ties for now)

6c47123b4e0dc51803dcd038ff74b2fb.jpg
Nicely done. You need a Guhls ECU flash and then you'll really be a happy camper! I recall seeing a Standard for sale in SoCal sometime in early 2020 with tons of Samurider bits, I wonder if this is it? I almost picked it up for some parts for myself lol

Any close-ups on that speedo bracket? I plan to do the same once I build the courage to order the '17 front end upgrade parts.

I was under the impression that those Ryujin individual grab rails were more touring/utility oriented? If you're going through the hassle of fabbing up brackets, might as well go with a grab rail that flows better with the rest of the look you're going for IMO. RS hoop style which is much sportier looking might be a good option. :thumbsup:
809665af693a4f4f51388c2aae88dbe5.png
 
Thread starter
Sad to find out that Guhl is no longer doing , unless my info is wrong.

When I picked this one up it didn’t have any mods besides lower-than-stock but still on risers black handlebar and a windscreen. Samurider parts are all me lol

Here’s a look at the speedo bracket after my friend cut and rewelded the parts I circled in red; he basically made the angle parallel with the backing:

68c7ef25f27e56e0d70a99a654750235.jpg


Maybe it wouldn’t be such a bad idea to test out how the RS hoop would look
 
ender_ong_imp said:
Sad to find out that Guhl is no longer doing , unless my info is wrong.

When I picked this one up it didn’t have any mods besides lower-than-stock but still on risers black handlebar and a windscreen. Samurider parts are all me lol

Here’s a look at the speedo bracket after my friend cut and rewelded the parts I circled in red; he basically made the angle parallel with the backing:

68c7ef25f27e56e0d70a99a654750235.jpg


Maybe it wouldn’t be such a bad idea to test out how the RS hoop would look
I'd try to mock it up somehow to test for fitment with your current seat setup.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that speedo bracket was made of aluminum?
At least this has been the case on other bikes I've owned.

Despite having read that on another thread a few weeks back, I personally would look into the accuracy and validity of that claim,. AKA reach out to him directly and see if he'd be able to do the job for say- a non-op, show-only bike, that perhaps was in any of the 49 freedom states. Certainly worth the inquiry, I can tell you that much.

I also recommend you de-restrict the air intake, at least a little bit. And if/when you're due, pick up a 120/160 set of rubber :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
ender_ong_imp said:
Sad to find out that Guhl is no longer doing , unless my info is wrong.

When I picked this one up it didn’t have any mods besides lower-than-stock but still on risers black handlebar and a windscreen. Samurider parts are all me lol

Here’s a look at the speedo bracket after my friend cut and rewelded the parts I circled in red; he basically made the angle parallel with the backing:

68c7ef25f27e56e0d70a99a654750235.jpg


Maybe it wouldn’t be such a bad idea to test out how the RS hoop would look
I'd try to mock it up somehow to test for fitment with your current seat setup.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that speedo bracket was made of aluminum?
At least this has been the case on other bikes I've owned.

Despite having read that on another thread a few weeks back, I personally would look into the accuracy and validity of that claim,. AKA reach out to him directly and see if he'd be able to do the job for say- a non-op, show-only bike, that perhaps was in any of the 49 freedom states. Certainly worth the inquiry, I can tell you that much.

I also recommend you de-restrict the air intake, at least a little bit. And if/when you're due, pick up a 120/160 set of rubber :thumbsup:
Not sure if it's aluminum or steel; going off of my best guess it's the latter because it's got a good weight to it

I'll reach out to see what the scoop is

What's the best way to go about de-restricting the air intake?
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
So- parking outside your local coffee shop??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL! Actually just rode from Orange County to San Diego and back this past weekend. But you’re mostly on point, I ride it mostly to the coffee shops around here

Excited for whenever you receive those new air funnels
 
Ender, where you at in Orange County? The bike looks very nice, and honestly, I haven't seen another CB1100 anywhere around here.

The last time I was parked in front of a coffee shop trying to look cool, didn't work out the way I had planned.
Ender might know where I'm talking about... parked my Bonneville in front of Urth Cafe and Starbucks in the Orange Circle to grab a coffee on the way to a meeting. She looked nice out there. But, I came back out to a dead battery, and none of the sullen hipsters in the immediate area knew what jumper cables were, letalone had any. Left the bike and took an Uber to my meeting. When I returned, two Harleys were parked up close to my bike on both sides, as if to tell me that I was on their turf or something. One of them came out when he saw me standing there, wondering how I was going to pull my bike out from between the two baggers.

Turns out the guy wasn't a tough biker, just wasn't paying attention to where he had parked. He apologized, moved his bike, and helped push start mine so I could go home.

All because I wanted to look cool parking in front of a coffee shop...
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Ender, where you at in Orange County? The bike looks very nice, and honestly, I haven't seen another CB1100 anywhere around here.

The last time I was parked in front of a coffee shop trying to look cool, didn't work out the way I had planned.
Ender might know where I'm talking about... parked my Bonneville in front of Urth Cafe and Starbucks in the Orange Circle to grab a coffee on the way to a meeting. She looked nice out there. But, I came back out to a dead battery, and none of the sullen hipsters in the immediate area knew what jumper cables were, letalone had any. Left the bike and took an Uber to my meeting. When I returned, two Harleys were parked up close to my bike on both sides, as if to tell me that I was on their turf or something. One of them came out when he saw me standing there, wondering how I was going to pull my bike out from between the two baggers.

Turns out the guy wasn't a tough biker, just wasn't paying attention to where he had parked. He apologized, moved his bike, and helped push start mine so I could go home.

All because I wanted to look cool parking in front of a coffee shop...
An interesting and honest story Gin60. Thanks for sharing.
 
Gone in Sixty - we could probably start an entire thread of embarrassing things we have done on our bikes over the years. Fortunately, I have gotten so old that many of my memories elude me, but I do remember vividly the first time I carefully parked my beautiful new GS1100 and forgot to put the side-stand down. Fortunately, I was alone in my garage and no one saw it fall, or me struggle to get it back up.
 
Thread starter
Gone, I’m located in Westminster, not too far away from the Westminster Ave exit off the 405. Where are you located? Would be cool to meet up and talk CB if you’re ok with that. I do know that very traffic circle, although it’s been a while since I’ve been. Nothing embarrassing on the CB yet, but it’s bound to happen anytime now. Plenty of silly moments on my previous Ninja 250 and CBRs

Gone in 60_imp said:
Ender, where you at in Orange County? The bike looks very nice, and honestly, I haven't seen another CB1100 anywhere around here.

The last time I was parked in front of a coffee shop trying to look cool, didn't work out the way I had planned.
Ender might know where I'm talking about... parked my Bonneville in front of Urth Cafe and Starbucks in the Orange Circle to grab a coffee on the way to a meeting. She looked nice out there. But, I came back out to a dead battery, and none of the sullen hipsters in the immediate area knew what jumper cables were, letalone had any. Left the bike and took an Uber to my meeting. When I returned, two Harleys were parked up close to my bike on both sides, as if to tell me that I was on their turf or something. One of them came out when he saw me standing there, wondering how I was going to pull my bike out from between the two baggers.

Turns out the guy wasn't a tough biker, just wasn't paying attention to where he had parked. He apologized, moved his bike, and helped push start mine so I could go home.

All because I wanted to look cool parking in front of a coffee shop...
 
Wow, Ender, we're practically neighbors. It would be cool to meet up somewhere!

Best thing you can do to avoid an embarrassment is to avoid distractions while parking and putting the sidestand down. Last time I did it was years ago on my Nighthawk. In front of the office with several coworkers watching. The only thing I could do was to leave the bike on its side and walk away, like I meant to do it.
 
Thread starter
Lol “yeah I meant to do that”

Will PM you so we can set something up

Gone in 60_imp said:
Wow, Ender, we're practically neighbors. It would be cool to meet up somewhere!

Best thing you can do to avoid an embarrassment is to avoid distractions while parking and putting the sidestand down. Last time I did it was years ago on my Nighthawk. In front of the office with several coworkers watching. The only thing I could do was to leave the bike on its side and walk away, like I meant to do it.
 
I like where you went with your CB... I did slightly similar but a different approach. But I love what you did. I tilt my hat to you.
 
Ender, great to meet up on Saturday morning and see the mods you've made to your CB in person. It all comes together very well, and it was cool to see everyone at Donut Derelicts checking out your bike.

Going back to embarrassing yourself on a bike, I did yesterday, and was very lucky. Stopped to do some shopping on the way home from work, and after about an hour in Target, came back out to see that I had left the key in the ignition. Not the first time I've done it, and just glad she was still there.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Ender, great to meet up on Saturday morning and see the mods you've made to your CB in person. It all comes together very well, and it was cool to see everyone at Donut Derelicts checking out your bike.

Going back to embarrassing yourself on a bike, I did yesterday, and was very lucky. Stopped to do some shopping on the way home from work, and after about an hour in Target, came back out to see that I had left the key in the ignition. Not the first time I've done it, and just glad she was still there.
Not bad for L.A.
 
Thread starter
Thanks Rox! Your bike is also looking great, it’s always good to see each individual modify to their preference, or even not modify at all and leave as is if that’s what they want

Gone, thanks for meeting and introducing me to the car meet. Looking forward to meeting in the future at the other places/events we discussed

About leaving the key in the ignition, I’ve gotten much better about doing it, but just did it earlier today. Luckily it was in front of my house. I like to think our bikes are not what the thieves are targeting, but I’d never put it past them
 
At least I didn't leave the ignition on... I've done that at work a few times, and have come out to a dead battery at the end of the day. Ugh. I think most people in general don't look at bikes in parking lots that much. Anyone actually looking to steal a bike might give it a look, and would be very pleasantly surprised to find the key in it.
 
I’ve seen people climb on a bike that isn’t theirs in a parking lot messing around.

I’ve seen a mother put her toddler on someone’s bike as if it was a ride on toy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top