Buy me some Crackerjack. I'm off to the ball game.

Pterodactyl_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
First step - link the thread to my CB. Can't be that hard. Let me think...............Got it! If I didn't have my left arm in a brace I would have ridden my CB to the SCG for the BALL GAME. Surely, Mr Ferret, that qualifies this thread for Motorcycling General:thanks:

What ball game? Well this weekend the Dodgers play the Diamondbacks at the Sydney Cricket Ground. It is the hottest ticket in town and I have one :excited: . The SCG is hallowed turf to most Aussies and a lot of money has been put into making it, for this game, a "ball park" for us to be proud of. Infield dirt, around 200 tons, imported from the US, mud from the Delaware river (?) to polish the balls with, traditional food etc etc etc. I live a short walk, 10 mins or so across Centennial Parklands, from the SCG, so lack of my CB to get me there is not a great problem. This is the first baseball game I will have been to so, after a quick browse around the net for the "rules", am really looking forward to the game. Maybe I can have an American beer and a giant hotdog with "the works", plus the "crackerjack", whatever that is, as well.

There is one thing that intrigues me though. The Dodgers' catcher has been quoted as saying that he "wants all his pitchers to be wearing blindfolds when they are out there shagging". What does this mean? Doesn't he realise that this sort of thing is not routinely practised in public places in Australia. Can I risk taking my 9 year old god-son to the game????

Cheers
 
The most important thing to know about American baseball is that very loud organ music is played to keep the audience awake. Veteran game-goers these days will bring their own stimulus aids such as iPods and cartons of 5-Hour Energy beverage.
 
crackerjacks are caramel popcorn with peanuts mixed in.

Have fun at the game.

Not a big sports fan ( except for motogp). Baseball is almost as boring as soccer or tennis or pro basketball.
 
The ferret_imp said:
crackerjacks are caramel popcorn with peanuts mixed in.

Have fun at the game.

Not a big sports fan ( except for motogp). Baseball is almost as boring as soccer or tennis or pro basketball.
Golf. You forgot to mention golf. I'd rather watch paint dry! :D
 
Damfino_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
crackerjacks are caramel popcorn with peanuts mixed in.

Have fun at the game.

Not a big sports fan ( except for motogp). Baseball is almost as boring as soccer or tennis or pro basketball.
Golf. You forgot to mention golf. I'd rather watch paint dry! :D
Golf. You forgot to mention golf. I'd rather watch paint dry! :D

True dat!
 
I personally enjoy a baseball game. It's true that a good pitchers duel can be a bit boreing, but if you have hit, after hit, after hit with a nice home runs thrown in for good measure, it can be very exciting.
Besides....I grew up in Chicago and I'm a life long Cubs fan. For better for worse, they are my team. I love (and miss) going to Wrigley Field. I have many, many fond memories sitting in those stands watching the Cubs play whomever....win or lose (preferably win ;) ) .
So go enjoy yourself, and by all means.....HAVE FUN!
 
I was in the stands when Cinti Reds pitcher Tom Seaver pitched a no hitter. Went with the owner of the motorcycle shop I was working at. He had box seats. People were yelling and screaming and it was the most boring thing I had ever seen in my life.

My mom was a real Reds fan. I never understood it.

Maybe being from Cinti has something to do with it. Our teams always project championships pre season then fail miserably in the end. I have given up on the Bengals ever winning a Superbowl, or the Reds another World Championship.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I was in the stands when Cinti Reds pitcher Tom Seaver pitched a no hitter. Went with the owner of the motorcycle shop I was working at. He had box seats. People were yelling and screaming and it was the most boring thing I had ever seen in my life.

My mom was a real Reds fan. I never understood it.

Maybe being from Cinti has something to do with it. Our teams always project championships pre season then fail miserably in the end. I have given up on the Bengals ever winning a Superbowl, or the Reds another World Championship.
Remember that you are telling all of this to a Cubs fan....

Does 1908 mean anything to you? It sure does to me. sniff, sniff :(
 
Oh yea, sorry Randy. Forgot there are those that are actually worse off than the Reds.
 
Randy B_imp said:
I personally enjoy a baseball game. It's true that a good pitchers duel can be a bit boreing, but if you have hit, after hit, after hit with a nice home runs thrown in for good measure, it can be very exciting.
Besides....I grew up in Chicago and I'm a life long Cubs fan. For better for worse, they are my team. I love (and miss) going to Wrigley Field. I have many, many fond memories sitting in those stands watching the Cubs play whomever....win or lose (preferably win ;) ) .
So go enjoy yourself, and by all means.....HAVE FUN!


:D:D Just messing with you! My grandmother was a life long fan of the Cubbies' too!
 
Grrrrrr...not cool man, not cool.

;)
 
But so true! I too am for Chicago and at 58 know the chances of the Cubs winning the World Series in my life time is very low! At least I got to see the White Sox win.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top