Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
veech_imp said:Just placed my order for an XL '92 in Brown!![]()
I'm sure you'll be happy with it. The leather is soft and very nice.I checked one out locally (but they had only black) and was blown away by the quality. I've usually only seen this quality in jackets costing in the $450-$700 range, so this became a no brainer. Can wait! :banana:DBXXX_imp said:veech_imp said:Just placed my order for an XL '92 in Brown!![]()
I'm sure you'll be happy with it. The leather is soft and very nice.
JPX_imp said:Who knew it would be so hard to find a decent brown leather jacket? There are scores of black ones available on the market, but I'm trying to avoid the completely blacked out look since I also have a black CB1100.
I've searched virtually every website out there (Vanson, Fox Creek, River Road, Revzilla, Dennis Kirk, etc) and the only ones that have peaked my interest are the Roland Sands Barfly, Ronin, and Enzo (seen below in that order from left to right). They're pretty pricey at $500+ and I've read some reviews stating that the stitching is starting to unravel on some after a little less than a year, they're single stitched in some critical impact zones, and a seam busted open on someone's get-off.
So I did some more searching tonight and came across a company called Xelement on Leatherup. The prices for their leather jackets are really low ($150-$200) so I figure they are not very good quality but surprisingly the Amazon reviews on them are actually quite good. One review mentioned a crash at 70MPH and the jacket holding up without any issues. In particular, I was looking at one for $150 in a dark brown that has a cafe racer kinda vibe going on. Worst case scenario is I send it back if it's not up to snuff.
[url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BTQPYY/ref=s9_simh_gw_p263_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=02X6K359NTKGMVCQS7TW&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop]Xelement Speedster
[url=http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/jasonxerri/media/Xelement%20Speedster_zpswpszgzvh.jpg.html]
You're probably thinking that this is the end of my search. Well, you would be wrong.
As I'm about to checkout on Amazon, a tiny thumbnail of a jacket in the "similar items to what you're looking for" results list catches my eye. So I click the link and what do you know? A reasonably priced brown cafe jacket with decent specs, good reviews, a vintage look to it, and only 1 Large size left in stock to boot. I'll post a review of it when it gets here in a few days. I can't wait.
[url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C7D3HIU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Leather Supreme Buffalo Cafe Racer Jacket
* Made from Top Grain Soft Heavy Duty 1.3MM buffalo hide Leather
* Retro brown color with matching detail across chest and back
* Features a z/o liner plus inner mesh liner throughout
* Includes 2 deep zippered pockets on the front chest area
* Two zippered vertical air-vents on the back
* One zippered air-vent on each sleeve
* Two zippered side pockets outside & two inside zippered pockets
* Zippered sides for snug fit
* Zippered Cuffs with snap buttons
* Classic double shoulder design for more movement
* Leather pull tabs on all zippers
* YKK zippers
[url=http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/jasonxerri/media/Leather%20Supreme%20Cafe%20Racer_zpswao6yyh9.jpg.html]
The ferret_imp said:I have owned several products from Leather Up, including a couple of jackets. Worst problem is sizing with them but they are good on returns. My jackets for the most part have held up well. I think I had to repair a snap on one and maybe a loose thread on another, but they are like most things these days "imported".
On the other hand I had to send my first Fox Valley jacket back for an issue which they sent me a new jacket for right away. The Fox Valley is a much nicer leather material but it cost 4x as much as the Leather Up jacket
Motorcyclegear.com is another company I have on speed dial. A quick search for brown lather jackets turned up this
[url=http://www.motorcyclegear.com/browse/search?query=mens+brown+leather+jacket]http://www.motorcyclegear.com/browse/search?query=mens+brown+leather+jacket
Schott Leather Jackets Model 141The ferret_imp said:
That's the price you pay for made in US of Horween leathers (the only remaining leather tannery in the US; the tanning process takes 6-12 months). I have 2 that I purchased new at a substantial discount on eBay. They reek of quality. 50 year old models often go for >$1,000, particularly those made of horsehide due to their unique patina. Consider it an incentive to manage your weight!veech_imp said:At $730 the Schott better be extraordinary!

That's the price you pay for made in US of Horween leathers (the only remaining leather tannery in the US; the tanning process takes 6-12 months). I have 2 that I purchased new at a substantial discount on eBay. They reek of quality. 50 year old models often go for >$1,000, particularly those made of horsehide due to their unique patina. Consider it an incentive to manage your weight!grover_imp said:That's the price you pay for made in US of Horween leathers (the only remaining leather tannery in the US; the tanning process takes 6-12 months). I have 2 that I purchased new at a substantial discount on eBay. They reek of quality. 50 year old models often go for >$1,000, particularly those made of horsehide due to their unique patina. Consider it an incentive to manage your weight!veech_imp said:At $730 the Schott better be extraordinary!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I just spoke to Alan and I'm going to send him photos tonight of one of my favorite poly jackets that I have and go from there. Thanks for the rec!Guth_imp said:I've mentioned them before, but it's been a while. Anyone looking for a serious motorcycle jacket who is already considering the likes of Schott, Vanson or Langlitz should also investigate Johnson Leathers out of San Francisco. You'd never realize what they are capable of by looking at their outdated website. However, I can tell you that they are every bit as capable as these other, better known outfits both in execution and in quality of the product. You can start with one of their base jackets and modify it however you like. The base naked leather might not be your thing which is not problem as they'll send you a number of other leather swatches to choose from. They can also recreate a jacket based on photos of an old favorite or they can build a totally custom jacket for you if you wish. They'll send out a test fit jacket and go from there, allowing them to totally nail the final fit of your own jacket. They aren't cheap, but they are more than competitive with the other three that I mentioned.