Brought her home!

Rebel73_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Picked up my DLX this morning and just got home.

I LOVE this bike! So smooth with more than enough power for me.

I love the 6th gear on the highway. I made the right choice!

I will definitely need a windscreen soon, though.

 
Thread starter
I'm open to suggestions, treytexag. I want something that goes with the lines of the bike and actually helps with the wind.
 
Absolutely beautiful motorcycle. Congrats!
 
Good looking bike and nice picture Rebel. I am also happy with my DART fly screen in the warmer months but I switch to a National Cycle Defender when it cools down. In my opinion, both look good.

Mike
 
Congrats, Rebel!

I'm using a National Cycle Deflector for summer riding, and a bigger NC Plexistar 2 for the colder months and long road trips. Easy to swap between the two since they use the same mounting system.

Go to the Search option and plug in "windscreen" or "windshield" and that'll keep you busy for quite awhile.
 
Dart is coming out with a slightly larger screen than their regular fly screen. I am eagerly awaiting it and plan to upgrade as soon as it is available. The fly screen helps cut down the wind blast from your chest, but I still want a little more protection when I ride at 75 mph and/or into head winds.
 
Of course some of us are biased towards the Comet screen....
73c76a5e45b8f88db0d4052107018328.JPG
 
Hiker,

That bike would be totally awesome if it only had, wait for it, RLETS!
 
Good choice on the CB1100. Welcome and enjoy. I use a NC Street Shield EX. Not as pretty as the fairings but definitely helps keep the wind off you.
 
Rebel73_imp said:
I'm open to suggestions, treytexag. I want something that goes with the lines of the bike and actually helps with the wind.
I'm seriously looking at the "Dart Flyscreen" have read a lot of good comments on the forum about them. From looking at the pictures, it doesn't take away any of the good looks of the bike, and just big enough to take that wind pressure off. Price was reasonable too...$159.US includes shipping.
 
Your bike is beautiful HikerToo.
I am also going to try the Dart flyscreen when the larger one becomes available.
The maximum speed limit around here is 110 kph (66 mph) - and I never ever go over the speed limit :P so I'm sure it will be fine.
I have fly screens on my other bikes (900F and T100) and they work fine at the speeds I usually ride.
 
HikerToo_imp said:
Of course some of us are biased towards the Comet screen....
73c76a5e45b8f88db0d4052107018328.JPG
I have a Dart, but the more I look at the Comet, the more I want one. The, I start adding up all the yen it is going to cost me. It isn't just the Comet, but the added extras like the silver/black accent to match the tank and the smoke screen. On top of that, I know I am going to want some red side covers. That's several hundred bucks. I regret not picking up Huladog's Comet after he sold his bike. It's hard to argue against the value of the Dart.
 
Really appreciate the discussion here gentlemen. The last windshield I owned was a NC Plexistar 2 (on another bike), and it worked very well at highway speeds. I'm not planning on many highway speed trips on the CB11, but I guess I may if the weather is right and I have time on a weekend - that doesn't happen often these days. I'm still undecided, but I may try one of the smaller Slipstreamers . . . .
HikerToo_imp said:
Of course some of us are biased towards the Comet screen....
73c76a5e45b8f88db0d4052107018328.JPG
Although the Comet is beautiful for sure. It appears to be growing on me too. . . . .
 
Back
Top