Brisk ride today

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Temps in the mid to high 40s and winds gusting up to 15 mph. What we in Ohio call " cool and blustery " . Had the little camera along so I snagged some pics

First stop was Washington Township park, one of the first places I stopped to take pics of my new CB 1100, 7 months ago




Next stop was the Power plant in Moscow Ohio

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Powerplant_zps1dfd6720.jpg.html]

And the tower next to it

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/smokestack_zpse7a76cf6.jpg.html]

Think your house is kinda small? My next stop was the birthplace of the 18 th? President of the United States Ulysses S Grant. I've been inside... Not a lot of room for a family..or for a single person. I've been in campers with more living space

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/grantsplace_zps2d837ab2.jpg.html]

Then it was about a 20 minute ride up to East Fork State Park. I used to hunt all of this back in the 70s before they built a dam and flooded it to make a recreational lake..a big one too

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/eastfork1_zpsac1306d8.jpg.html]

Drove down to the beach to see the girls in bikinis, but no one there but me and the gulls..we had the beach to ourselves

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Beach1_zpsed7bfdb3.jpg.html]

Stopped for a pic on the way home..there used to be a lot of color in this spot ( top of the hill on my property) but in the last month all the leaves have fallen except those on the cedars and the Asian honey suckle.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/colorgone_zps1432177b.jpg.html]

Not the most beautiful day out, but a lousy weather day of riding is still better than a beautiful sunny day at work ;)
 
The ferret_imp said:
Temps in the mid to high 40s and winds gusting up to 15 mph. What we in Ohio call " cool and blustery " . Had the little camera along so I snagged some pics

First stop was Washington Township park, one of the first places I stopped to take pics of my new CB 1100, 7 months ago




Next stop was the Power plant in Moscow Ohio

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Powerplant_zps1dfd6720.jpg.html]

And the tower next to it

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/smokestack_zpse7a76cf6.jpg.html]

Think your house is kinda small? My next stop was the birthplace of the 18 th? President of the United States Ulysses S Grant. I've been inside... Not a lot of room for a family..or for a single person. I've been in campers with more living space

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/grantsplace_zps2d837ab2.jpg.html]

Then it was about a 20 minute ride up to East Fork State Park. I used to hunt all of this back in the 70s before they built a dam and flooded it to make a recreational lake..a big one too

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/eastfork1_zpsac1306d8.jpg.html]

Drove down to the beach to see the girls in bikinis, but no one there but me and the gulls..we had the beach to ourselves

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Beach1_zpsed7bfdb3.jpg.html]

Stopped for a pic on the way home..there used to be a lot of color in this spot ( top of the hill on my property) but in the last month all the leaves have fallen except those on the cedars and the Asian honey suckle.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/colorgone_zps1432177b.jpg.html]

Not the most beautiful day out, but a lousy weather day of riding is still better than a beautiful sunny day at work ;)

Enjoyed the pictures and especially agree with your closing sentiments.
 
Thread starter
Just got in from another 50 miler. Even more brisk than yesterday..37 degrees..only with no winds. Hands got a little cold today lol, but the rest of me was good.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Temps in the mid to high 40s and winds gusting up to 15 mph. What we in Ohio call " cool and blustery " . Had the little camera along so I snagged some pics

First stop was Washington Township park, one of the first places I stopped to take pics of my new CB 1100, 7 months ago




Next stop was the Power plant in Moscow Ohio

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Powerplant_zps1dfd6720.jpg.html]

And the tower next to it

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/smokestack_zpse7a76cf6.jpg.html]

Think your house is kinda small? My next stop was the birthplace of the 18 th? President of the United States Ulysses S Grant. I've been inside... Not a lot of room for a family..or for a single person. I've been in campers with more living space

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/grantsplace_zps2d837ab2.jpg.html]

Then it was about a 20 minute ride up to East Fork State Park. I used to hunt all of this back in the 70s before they built a dam and flooded it to make a recreational lake..a big one too

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/eastfork1_zpsac1306d8.jpg.html]

Drove down to the beach to see the girls in bikinis, but no one there but me and the gulls..we had the beach to ourselves

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Beach1_zpsed7bfdb3.jpg.html]

Stopped for a pic on the way home..there used to be a lot of color in this spot ( top of the hill on my property) but in the last month all the leaves have fallen except those on the cedars and the Asian honey suckle.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/colorgone_zps1432177b.jpg.html]

Not the most beautiful day out, but a lousy weather day of riding is still better than a beautiful sunny day at work ;)

Is that the power plant in Toledo.I ran away from home my senior
year in high school.Went to Port Clinton and then took the ferry to
Kelly's Island to get away from my thoughts.I had girlfriend
problems.I was born in Shaker Heights and went to Gilmour Academy in Gates Mills,O.
I've spent the last 35 years in Kentucky.
I miss Ohio and the people.Like Big Chuck and Hoolihan.
Foolardi is a take on the famous Ghoulardi of late night
schlock TV fame.Ghoulardi loved his motorcycles also.
Got fired from a job for riding his cycle right into a TV
station.
 
Thread starter
Other end of the state Foolardi...about 30 miles east of Cinti.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Other end of the state Foolardi...about 30 miles east of Cinti.
Then you know of the Great AM station 700 WLW.
Where Great American Bill Cunningham still resides.
Mike McConnel was my favorite,But I guess station director
{ Darryl Parks } got jealous and McConnell left without as much
as a goodbye.
 
Thread starter
McConnel was my favorite as well. He went to Chicago to a bigger market. Not real fond of Cunningham.
 
Last ride on me CB was Wednesday.I managed around 35 miles in the
mid-50's.Basically I always squeeze in an errand whenever I ride.
I justified my purchase of the CB because it's been since 2006 since
I purchased a new bike.That was the new Suzuki M109.
My rationale for the CB. I was going to use it around town for quick trips
to Wal*Mart and such.That way I don't have to add any more depreciation
to my other pride & joy { My Mitsubishi Evolution car }.
But I also have a rule.I won't go out in weather under 45 degree.because no matter
how one dresses up in winter for a bike ride you're still inhaling cold air.
I caught a mild form of pneumonia about 15 years ago.I don't wanna get in
that zone again.
 
I took a brisk 45 mile ride yesterday – upper 40s – windy and overcast. Very “invigorating”. Love the Chic Design gauntlets from Takashi. Somewhat cold but not frozen fingers.

The high for today is 31. A bit chilly for a ride, but not too cold to hijack Ferret’s thread. 

One of my favorite things to do on the CB is to find new roads (paved, gravel, dirt, grass) and GET LOST!

Last weekend I not only got lost, but I lost my little point and shoot camera. Yesterday I got lost a few times and took this picture with my new camera.

327cc98c5322adb7c7a3b3c2ed82c401.jpg
 
CB4ME_imp said:
I took a brisk 45 mile ride yesterday – upper 40s – windy and overcast. Very “invigorating”. Love the Chic Design gauntlets from Takashi. Somewhat cold but not frozen fingers.

The high for today is 31. A bit chilly for a ride, but not too cold to hijack Ferret’s thread. 

One of my favorite things to do on the CB is to find new roads (paved, gravel, dirt, grass) and GET LOST!

Last weekend I not only got lost, but I lost my little point and shoot camera. Yesterday I got lost a few times and took this picture with my new camera.

327cc98c5322adb7c7a3b3c2ed82c401.jpg
Yer not implying that Jardine has exhaust for this model.
I put cobra pipes on my '99 Valkyrie Tourer in
2002.I found out later that Jardine offered pipes for the
Valkyrie that were really nice and actually added h.p.
Pipes only add about 5 or 6 h.p. Up to 15 h.p. with the
right kind of free flowing air box unit and filter.
 
Foolardi,

I'm guessing you're looking at my list of mods. The "Jardine" on my bike is the Jardine mini sissybar and pad which I attached to a Honda rear carrier.

I have a Staintune exhaust and stock headers. There are lots of threads on the Staintune. It's a beautiful, extremely well made exhaust with a nice sound but very modest performance gain.

Man we've made a mess of this thread.
 
Thread starter
CB4ME_imp said:
I took a brisk 45 mile ride yesterday – upper 40s – windy and overcast. Very “invigorating”. Love the Chic Design gauntlets from Takashi. Somewhat cold but not frozen fingers.

The high for today is 31. A bit chilly for a ride, but not too cold to hijack Ferret’s thread. 

One of my favorite things to do on the CB is to find new roads (paved, gravel, dirt, grass) and GET LOST!

Last weekend I not only got lost, but I lost my little point and shoot camera. Yesterday I got lost a few times and took this picture with my new camera.

327cc98c5322adb7c7a3b3c2ed82c401.jpg
Thats awesome CB4ME. :biker:
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Foolardi,

I'm guessing you're looking at my list of mods. The "Jardine" on my bike is the Jardine mini sissybar and pad which I attached to a Honda rear carrier.

I have a Staintune exhaust and stock headers. There are lots of threads on the Staintune. It's a beautiful, extremely well made exhaust with a nice sound but very modest performance gain.

Man we've made a mess of this thread.
How does the bike perform { the powerband } after the Staintune
addition.Sound is fairly obvious.Either it sounds deeper or it
doesn't.But is the bike as zippy with the new exhaust.
The CB is a pretty fast bike.I mean, 11.7 in the quarter is
small sportsbike range.Few Cruisers can get that low.
Triumph Rocket III at 11.4 and the infamous V-Max with
174 h.p. @ 9,ooo rpm. with a 10.1 elapsed time.
I changed exhaust on 2 Hondas { a Valkyrie and VTX1800 }
and it hurt performance.Not a lot but enough to kinda bug me.
 
_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
Foolardi,

I'm guessing you're looking at my list of mods. The "Jardine" on my bike is the Jardine mini sissybar and pad which I attached to a Honda rear carrier.

I have a Staintune exhaust and stock headers. There are lots of threads on the Staintune. It's a beautiful, extremely well made exhaust with a nice sound but very modest performance gain.

Man we've made a mess of this thread.
How does the bike perform { the powerband } after the Staintune
addition.Sound is fairly obvious.Either it sounds deeper or it
doesn't.But is the bike as zippy with the new exhaust.
The CB is a pretty fast bike.I mean, 11.7 in the quarter is
small sportsbike range.Few Cruisers can get that low.
Triumph Rocket III at 11.4 and the infamous V-Max with
174 h.p. @ 9,ooo rpm. with a 10.1 elapsed time.
I changed exhaust on 2 Hondas { a Valkyrie and VTX1800 }
and it hurt performance.Not a lot but enough to kinda bug me.
Personally I haven't noticed a significant change in performance with the Staintune. But it's more fun!
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Foolardi,

I'm guessing you're looking at my list of mods. The "Jardine" on my bike is the Jardine mini sissybar and pad which I attached to a Honda rear carrier.

I have a Staintune exhaust and stock headers. There are lots of threads on the Staintune. It's a beautiful, extremely well made exhaust with a nice sound but very modest performance gain.

Man we've made a mess of this thread.
Oh !. I definitely want that CB rear carrier.What it is one of
5 or 6 Accessories Honda offers thus far.My dealer didn't
have one but said it can order.I say forget it for now.
Have the doggone accessory in yer store then.
Plus Honda again wants too much for it's wares.Like the
carrier is almost $ 300 bucks.Granted it is nice,you can tell
by the photos.But getting things for a decent price may be even
more nice.Or should I say ... better nicer.
 
_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Other end of the state Foolardi...about 30 miles east of Cinti.
Then you know of the Great AM station 700 WLW.
Where Great American Bill Cunningham still resides.
Mike McConnel was my favorite,But I guess station director
{ Darryl Parks } got jealous and McConnell left without as much
as a goodbye.
Then you know of the Great AM station 700 WLW.
Where Great American Bill Cunningham still resides.
Mike McConnel was my favorite,But I guess station director
{ Darryl Parks } got jealous and McConnell left without as much
as a goodbye.
Wow....NOW Thats a ride thru the past....So then....Do you still get that little twinge of excitement on Fridays at about 5:00 pm when swear you hear "born to run" coming out of someones car window in traffic and start to think ...Is the next song "friday on my mind" by the easy beats" then the GET DOWN MAN... kicks off friday??? :beerchug:
 
Not sure what a brisk ride is.Like taking a ride after eating
a corned beef sammich { beef brisket }.
Or maybe lugging a beef brisket in a backpack from
the grocer on a trip with a CB.
 
Back
Top