the Ferret
Road warrior
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yep, Bracken and Mason Co's. No farm equipment today, but I think 8 deer altogether, 5 in one group 3 in another group, 2 black headed vulture on a possum and several pickups, and for the record we never exceeded the speed limit or 3500 rpmsUlvetanna_imp said:Ah, me old Kentucky home. Bracken County, eh? Watch out for those combines and deer! Nice roads. Heh heh, my dad never shared interest in anything, he was too busy dropping acid and tuning out, lol. You know, Summer of Love and all that rot...
well my son might have exceeded 3500 rpms.I think the Yammie needs more r's than the CB to run the same speed. BTW I did test mine yesterday and 4500 rpms in second is over 50 mph and 4500 rpms in third is over 60 mph. I could have ridden all day today in second and third, but then again I paid for the other 3 gears, so might as well use 'em eh? lolSon likes it a lot. He's very happy with it so far, but has only ridden about 200 miles on it I think.Cormanus_imp said:Ferret, thanks for taking that one for the team.
Does your son like his new ride?

Very nice.The ferret_imp said:Yep, Bracken and Mason Co's. No farm equipment today, but I think 8 deer altogether, 5 in one group 3 in another group, 2 black headed vulture on a possum and several pickups, and for the record we never exceeded the speed limit or 3500 rpmsUlvetanna_imp said:Ah, me old Kentucky home. Bracken County, eh? Watch out for those combines and deer! Nice roads. Heh heh, my dad never shared interest in anything, he was too busy dropping acid and tuning out, lol. You know, Summer of Love and all that rot...well my son might have exceeded 3500 rpms.I think the Yammie needs more r's than the CB to run the same speed. BTW I did test mine yesterday and 4500 rpms in second is over 50 mph and 4500 rpms in third is over 60 mph. I could have ridden all day today in second and third, but then again I paid for the other 3 gears, so might as well use 'em eh? lol
Son likes it a lot. He's very happy with it so far, but has only ridden about 200 miles on it I think.Cormanus_imp said:Ferret, thanks for taking that one for the team.
Does your son like his new ride?
I have the five-speed, only paid for five gears but like to use them all. BTW thanks for checking the speeds, I think your Deluxe is geared a bit differently but close enough.Same here ferret. The Dragon would be far more enjoyable if it was a one way road; without the worry that a bike or cage has crossed into your lane just around that blind curve.The ferret_imp said:Yes this side of highway 19, the eastern side, is sweeperville..not technical at all just good sweepers with good lines of sight, no suprises.
On the other side of 19, the western side, those tend to be the technical roads, blind curves, blind rises, abrubt change of directions (the dangerous one with the hard right turn following a blind rise I described in another thread is on that side). That's where all the racer boys go on the weekend.. and where John law hangs out...although we passed one hidden in the bushes on our side yesterday, but since we were doing the speed limit he just sat there. It's amazing the difference from one side of 19 to the other. Only if I have riders visiting that want to see the other side will I venture over there. I don't enjoy it. I ride to relax, and the other side is too much work. I prefer sweepers to technical turns. I prefer Cherohala Skyway or the BRP to the Dragon for example.
Same here ferret. The Dragon would be far more enjoyable if it was a one way road; without the worry that a bike or cage has crossed into your lane just around that blind curve.redbirds_imp said:Same here ferret. The Dragon would be far more enjoyable if it was a one way road; without the worry that a bike or cage has crossed into your lane just around that blind curve.The ferret_imp said:Yes this side of highway 19, the eastern side, is sweeperville..not technical at all just good sweepers with good lines of sight, no suprises.
On the other side of 19, the western side, those tend to be the technical roads, blind curves, blind rises, abrubt change of directions (the dangerous one with the hard right turn following a blind rise I described in another thread is on that side). That's where all the racer boys go on the weekend.. and where John law hangs out...although we passed one hidden in the bushes on our side yesterday, but since we were doing the speed limit he just sat there. It's amazing the difference from one side of 19 to the other. Only if I have riders visiting that want to see the other side will I venture over there. I don't enjoy it. I ride to relax, and the other side is too much work. I prefer sweepers to technical turns. I prefer Cherohala Skyway or the BRP to the Dragon for example.
Another reason I like riding the Texas Hill Country. Lots of sweeping turns with good sight lines.

The ferret_imp said:
