Brass bell

dailyrider_imp said:
I bought this bell in 1970 at a head shop and hung it from my first bike. 1968 Triumph trophy. It has been on all my bikes since then. I may move my horns so I can mount it between the forks.
It must be one hell of a bell if you're willing to use it in place of your horns!! Can you rig it up so it'll ring when you push the handle bar switch?

I had a bell on my first bike that I could ring with the left hand grip switch. It seemed to be pretty effective getting people to move out of my way.

Chip

 
silascopathic_imp said:
tell me that is a picture of you chip?!
Silas,

I wish it was as that little boy is much better looking than I was. I don't have a picture of me on my first bike but I do have one of my son taken 19 years ago on his first H-D Sportster when he was 1 year old, and on his first real Honda at age 6. Charley has progressed from that Honda Z-50 to an XR-50, XR-70, XR-100, and now his current CRF-250X.

Chip



[url=http://s288.photobucket.com/user/chipbeck/media/C444.jpg.html]
 
I was told that these good luck/angel/saint bells must be given anonymously to "work." Anybody else heard that? Personally I don't subscribe to that line of thought, looking back at my driving history it is obvious that angels, God, or some other supernatural force has been protecting me from myself for these nearly 40 years of riding/driving.

Anyway, That bell is a very nice looking bell and I'll bet it sounds really good, I do like bells despite what I wrote above.
 
Never heard the anonymous part. I personally think if you put it on yourself your faith gives it even more power!
 
I've read that the bell just has to be given to you...anonymous or not. I have one that was given to me on my Harley...but alas my Honda and my KLR ride unprotected.... :(. I've also read that it needs to be mounted on the part of the bike that's closest to the ground... that way it can ward off the evil spirits of the road. Mine hangs below and just to the front of the engine.
 
ride4now_imp said:
I've read that the bell just has to be given to you...anonymous or not. I have one that was given to me on my Harley...but alas my Honda and my KLR ride unprotected.... :(. I've also read that it needs to be mounted on the part of the bike that's closest to the ground... that way it can ward off the evil spirits of the road. Mine hangs below and just to the front of the engine.
That is the location I have seen bells hung.
 
Back
Top