Brand new CB 1100

Ivan_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I have the opportunity to purchase a brand new 2014 Honda CB 1100 for $6,999.00 from a Honda dealer in PA. The bike has been sitting unsold on the dealer floor for almost two years and is VIN#1760. I wanted a much lower number but the price seems reasonable. Any thoughts and suggestions on this?
 
Brand new 1100cc 4 cylinder Honda with fuel injection and triple disc brakes for the price of a 700cc twin? How can you go wrong?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Brand new 1100cc 4 cylinder Honda with fuel injection and triple disc brakes for the price of a 700cc twin? How can you go wrong?
I meant I would prefer a lower VIN number.
 
I don't understand Ivan. What difference does the sequential number of the vin have to do with anything?
 
Thoughts: price is excellent. Suggestion: buy it.

With VIN #1760 you will be in a club of 1760 / 7.125 billion people on earth = 0.00025% of the planet's population who own a CB1100 with VIN #'s lower than 1761.

You might want to hold out for a VIN # lower than 880, which would improve the exclusivity to 0.0000125% of earth's population. :rolleyes:
 
Ivan_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Brand new 1100cc 4 cylinder Honda with fuel injection and triple disc brakes for the price of a 700cc twin? How can you go wrong?
I meant I would prefer a lower VIN number.
I meant I would prefer a lower VIN number.
#0099 is for sale at Mavrix in Middletown, N.Y. Very low mileage used trade-in. Lowest VIN I have seen. Not sure why this number matters but have seen it referenced in a few posts. :huh:
 
$6999, you blokes in the States have hit the jackpot! At that price buy 2.
Just checked bikesales.com.au and you would get a 2010 with 20 000km for $10k in Australia.
 
And you want a better price? Wow.

I found the same thing about a year ago (2013 still in a crate) and thought it was a fantastic deal at $1000 more than that.

Pull the trigger, you will not regret it.
 
If you don't buy it I will so I have another spare! I'm not kidding. That is dirt cheap for a motorcycle of this quality.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
huxley2_imp said:
And you want a better price? Wow.

I found the same thing about a year ago (2013 still in a crate) and thought it was a fantastic deal at $1000 more than that.

Pull the trigger, you will not regret it.
He doesn't want a lower price, he wants a lower vin #
 
Ivan, humour me: why is a low VIN important to you?
 
Thread starter
Ivan_imp said:
I have the opportunity to purchase a brand new 2014 Honda CB 1100 for $6,999.00 from a Honda dealer in PA. The bike has been sitting unsold on the dealer floor for almost two years and is VIN#1760. I wanted a much lower number but the price seems reasonable. Any thoughts and suggestions on this?
Thanks everybody for the input! I have decided to purchase the bike and honestly the VIN number isn't that big an issue. Just thought it would be cool to have a single or double digit production number like some of the members of the forum. I have a black 2014 #1945 and what the heck it's still one sweet ride. Again, thanks for the advice and opinions.
 
Back
Top