Brakeaway Cruise

drodg33

Been there
Thread starter
Before I start doing some longer rides this summer I am considering buying a throttle lock of some type for my CB1100. Has anyone had any success installing a Brakeaway cruise and how happy are you with it? I had installed an Audiovox unit on my ST1300 and I got to say it worked like a dream. I would go that route again but I don't think there is the room under the seat for a canister. I am little scared of a simple throttle lock but the Brakeaway seems a tad safer. Anyhow thanks for the input.
 
I have a Brakeaway on both my CB and ST and they work great! A tad touchy to set up, but easy to install.

They are not as good as an electronic cruise control. They ARE very well built and supported.
 
I have one installed on my VTX1800 and like it. I agree that it is difficult to set up. On my CB I installed a Vista Cruise and it works OK.
 
1100rider_imp said:
I have one installed on my VTX1800 and like it. I agree that it is difficult to set up. On my CB I installed a Vista Cruise and it works OK.
How did you set up the vista cruise? Pics please.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the information. I like the ability to use the front brake to cancel the throttle setting.
 
1100,
the new model is a lot easier to install and setup.
 
[attachment=2937][attachment=2936] I mounted mine so it would be easier to use. I moved the throttle lock downward so I could easily use my thumb to engage and disengage it. I then used silicone sealer to fix the underside in position. I have had no issues with the throttle lock.
 
Back
Top