Brake light for front brake only?

meowguy_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Is the brake light supposed to light up if you just apply the front brake and not the rear? If so, mine doesn't. If not, why not?
 
Well, I dont have a Cb but I cant imagine why it would not light up with either brake. I have never heard of anything like that. Sounds like maybe a bad switch or fuse possibly?
 
The purpose of the switch on the front brake lever is to turn on the brake light when you pull the lever. Make sure the wires are pushed on the switch all the way and if it still doesn't work, take it in under warranty.
 
At least one person has had a bad front brake light switch. If Deanohh's suggestion doesn't work, I'd do what he said and take it in.
 
Thread starter
Deanohh_imp said:
The purpose of the switch on the front brake lever is to turn on the brake light when you pull the lever. Make sure the wires are pushed on the switch all the way and if it still doesn't work, take it in under warranty.
That was it. One of the connectors was completely off. I will have to make this one my checks before getting underway in the future.

Thanks all.
 
meowguy_imp said:
Deanohh_imp said:
The purpose of the switch on the front brake lever is to turn on the brake light when you pull the lever. Make sure the wires are pushed on the switch all the way and if it still doesn't work, take it in under warranty.
That was it. One of the connectors was completely off. I will have to make this one my checks before getting underway in the future.

Thanks all.
That was it. One of the connectors was completely off. I will have to make this one my checks before getting underway in the future.

Thanks all.
there is a thread in which users talk about electrical tape and repairing some spots. one of those spots was the electrical connection, I believe though that it was the clutch side not the brake, but their connection was just about off as it had worked itself loose...

Wonder if this electrical connections coming loose from the switched on the brake and or clutch could be an issue to address with honda??
 
Thread starter
Quote:Wonder if this electrical connections coming loose from the switched on the brake and or clutch could be an issue to address with honda??
It is a pair of right angled push on connectors. What I did was push it back on, then cut a piece of 10mm wide Gorilla Duct Tape to wrap around the hand brake clamp bracket and over the top of the connectors. I mounted the tape without jamming up the lever. The tape is about four inches long. I cleaned the surface with alcohol before application. It is under the lever assembly so it cannot be seen and will hold the connector on for at least five years I would think.

If you tell Honda about this, they will just apply the tape at the factory. :s

Here it is. They should give you a roll of Duct Tape with every new bike.

 
Why are we having to use tape on these connectors? Shouldn't they be tight when going onto the female end? Can they be tightened with a pair of needlenose?
 
Thread starter
You can do whatever you want with your bike. You're going into the dealer and have him replace the wiring harness, or pinch it with a pliers. That's your choice, but it will likely come off again because it's a bad design.

I like my Gorilla Tape fix and I am sticking with it. :D
 
meowguy_imp said:
Deanohh_imp said:
The purpose of the switch on the front brake lever is to turn on the brake light when you pull the lever. Make sure the wires are pushed on the switch all the way and if it still doesn't work, take it in under warranty.
That was it. One of the connectors was completely off. I will have to make this one my checks before getting underway in the future.

Thanks all.
That was it. One of the connectors was completely off. I will have to make this one my checks before getting underway in the future.

Thanks all.
[/quote

Usually just a pinch with a pair of needle nose pliers will do the trick no need to add tape which will just fall off and disconnect again.
 
Scientists have proven that duct tape works very well for almost everything except it is absolutely no good for, believe it or not, ..... ducts.
 
Thread starter
Deanohh_imp said:
Scientists have proven that duct tape works very well for almost everything except it is absolutely no good for, believe it or not, ..... ducts.
I am going to look at squeezing instead of using tape. I try to be reasonable, but I do like tape.

I would say the problem would be solved with a click in style connector.

It needs to be checked prior to each ride, and at intervals during a long ride because this is a critical safety feature.
 
Back
Top