ClassicVW_imp
Road warrior
I have a two and a half inch in diameter, one inch high permanent bump in exactly the same spot from the same injury- a footpeg penetrated my ankle FORTY FOUR YEARS AGO.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Those boots are nice. I'm also looking for a pair of boots I can wear on and off the bike. I currently wear the Icon Super Duty boots and they're okay. Protection seems good enough but they're clunky and hard to walk in, even after years of use. I have a pair of Alpinestars SMX race boots and it's hard to find better protection but, again, they're horrible to walk in and look pretty ridiculous the moment you step off the bike.holy666diver_imp said:I Just added another pair of boots to my collection. These are not Motorcycle specific but they are pretty rad. Full grain leather, Very stiff on the heel, sole and toe, very form fitted, No Giant Heel (finally!!!) and the sole is a sticky non slip rubber. Best thing is they were under $100. Rode the past two days and I love em! check these out! I went to harley, cyclegear, local honda dealer and two other boot specific stores and couldn't find anything I liked. Discovered a DSW store in Buena Park Ca and found these there.
Shoes: Women's, Men's & Kids Shoes from Top Brands | DSW
Well, they fit...Guth_imp said:If I thought that they would fit, I'd be sporting a pair of these:
Did you stop at Portillo's for lunch while you were in Buena Park? They're a Chicago institution!holy666diver_imp said:I Just added another pair of boots to my collection. These are not Motorcycle specific but they are pretty rad. Full grain leather, Very stiff on the heel, sole and toe, very form fitted, No Giant Heel (finally!!!) and the sole is a sticky non slip rubber. Best thing is they were under $100. Rode the past two days and I love em! check these out! I went to harley, cyclegear, local honda dealer and two other boot specific stores and couldn't find anything I liked. Discovered a DSW store in Buena Park Ca and found these there.
Shoes: Women's, Men's & Kids Shoes from Top Brands | DSW

Yep, the first week they were pretty stiff, but I could tell right away that break-in was not going to be a problem. I never suffered any blisters or anything of the like. All I did was wear 'n ride in them since new and they started molding to my feet in fairly short time. I was familiar with heavy duty leather boots and the break-in period as I have a pair of heavy-duty hiking boots that took a while to break in, but have rewarded me ever since.Ack-CB11_imp said:I still have a pair of lites. Great off-road protection, tough built boot.
Guth, It takes a while but they break-in great and last, mine are from 07. I took the laces out.
Your not far from Scappoose, if fit's an issue Wesco's are made to fit. My next trip to OR I'm getting fitted for boots and a jacket. Wesco boots and a Langlitz jacket, great stuff from Oregon.
It's been a while, but I've been to both Wesco and Langlitz. I have a pair of work boots that were made by Wesco and are awesome — just not what I prefer to ride in. My riding leathers were made by Langlitz. Given the hand-made nature of both companies, their prices have increased dramatically since I bought my gear from them. Still cool to see stuff actually made right here locally!Ack-CB11_imp said:I still have a pair of lites. Great off-road protection, tough built boot.
Guth, It takes a while but they break-in great and last, mine are from 07. I took the laces out.
Your not far from Scappoose, if fit's an issue Wesco's are made to fit. My next trip to OR I'm getting fitted for boots and a jacket. Wesco boots and a Langlitz jacket, great stuff from Oregon.
Came across the Sidi Fusion Air boots http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sidi-fusion-air-boots a couple of years ago, and have been extremely happy with them. Comfortable and easy on and off, with the single zipper. No patience for my lace up boots any longer.Rboe_imp said:I tried those on last time I was in Duluth, prefer my Sidi's to them. Good boot (not too keen on the internal lace up either) though.