Boots

Thread starter
Decided to buy these Joe Rocket Big Bang 2.0 boots for around town and wearing to work. They provide a decent level of protection and seem to be pretty well built. They seem a bit stiff, but I think they will break in just fine. I don't love the strap and buckle, but it is much less noticeable in person than it is in the pic and it helps cover the laces. I couldn't pass up the <$100 price.

 


I've been wearing Rossi 801 Duo boots for a few years: waterproof, comfortable, zip up the side covered by a leather flap, unobtrusive reflective patch on heel, hard toe, superbly comfortable on and off the bike. Can walk all day in these just like a work boot, and have used these at work in a pinch for an 8 hour shift without issue. When my current pair wear out I'll buy another.
 
HikerToo_imp said:
boots have come a long way in 10 years....again, I would ask, in a wreck, which boot would you want to have on?
Disclaimer, I did just order a Redwing 6" black boot when I am willing to go with less safety and different style than my Dainese provide.
Got these RedWings the other day, as of now, the bottoms seem a little too grippy, they don't slide forward on the foot pegs when you go to shift or brake, you kinda have to lift them up, then place them down they are so grippy. Maybe they will move around on the foot pegs easier as the bottom becomes more warn in...
SuperSole® 2.0 | RedWing
 
Drag your feet for a mile or two ..that should do it :rofl:
 
I've had this pair of Falcos for a couple of years now. I swear they're not normally this filthy, I haven't had a chance to clean/polish them for awhile. I did recently have a fairly slow (about 40kph) fall while wearing them, you can see where the left side foot-peg dug into them.
Planning to buy some more casual boots as well: either some RJays Ace (http://www.mcas.com.au/motorcycle-boots-...312_4734&) or Johnny Rebs ([url=http://www.mcas.com.au/motorcycle-boots-road/johnny-reb-short-boots?cPath=312_4640&).]http://www.mcas.com.au/motorcycle-boots-...12_4640&).
That said I LOVE the Chippewa Rally boots Rolls posted on the first page. I think I know what I'll be buying when my Falcos wear out!
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Decided to buy these Joe Rocket Big Bang 2.0 boots for around town and wearing to work. They provide a decent level of protection and seem to be pretty well built. They seem a bit stiff, but I think they will break in just fine. I don't love the strap and buckle, but it is much less noticeable in person than it is in the pic and it helps cover the laces. I couldn't pass up the <$100 price.
I like those. Did the pair you bought run true to size?
 
Thread starter
Yes, the pair I got was true to size. I like the boot a lot, but I will say that the eyelets are a little sharp and they tend to wear the laces down quickly. I'm considering taking a small, round file to them. I've tried different laces and have the same issue. It's not a deal-breaker, but be aware.
 
holy666diver_imp said:
I wear these daily. Feel so great for casual use and work but super solid on the bike. By far my favorite so far. For someone like me with really big feet I don't like the Bulky boots because they usually get stuck under the shifter.

http://www.cyclegear.com/STREET-AND-STEEL-Big-Easy-Leather-Motorcycle-Shoes

Street & Steel
Those aren't going to protect anything. You might as well be wearing tennis shoes. And protection and SUPPORT is the whole reason we wear boots.
 
Reinforced Toe, Heel, Ankle, Sole and non slip bottoms. No these are not the same as wearing tennis shoes at all I have worn both. These also cover my ankles a hell of a lot more protection than shoes.

ClassicVW_imp said:
holy666diver_imp said:
I wear these daily. Feel so great for casual use and work but super solid on the bike. By far my favorite so far. For someone like me with really big feet I don't like the Bulky boots because they usually get stuck under the shifter.

http://www.cyclegear.com/STREET-AND-STEEL-Big-Easy-Leather-Motorcycle-Shoes

Street & Steel
Those aren't going to protect anything. You might as well be wearing tennis shoes. And protection and SUPPORT is the whole reason we wear boots.
Those aren't going to protect anything. You might as well be wearing tennis shoes. And protection and SUPPORT is the whole reason we wear boots.
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
holy666diver_imp said:
I wear these daily. Feel so great for casual use and work but super solid on the bike. By far my favorite so far. For someone like me with really big feet I don't like the Bulky boots because they usually get stuck under the shifter.

http://www.cyclegear.com/STREET-AND-STEEL-Big-Easy-Leather-Motorcycle-Shoes

Street & Steel
Those aren't going to protect anything. You might as well be wearing tennis shoes. And protection and SUPPORT is the whole reason we wear boots.
Those aren't going to protect anything. You might as well be wearing tennis shoes. And protection and SUPPORT is the whole reason we wear boots.
And this is why...a foot peg to the ankle is NO fun. And this is after 4+ months of healing. The hole was a good ¼" deep as well.

c0bf8a91a7fd0980f9deb4233cca516c.jpg
 
Nope. Hence the picture.
Oh....I didn't "fall", I was knocked off my bike and left for dead on the side of the freeway.
 
Thread starter
What footwear were you wearing at the time, Randy? I think that's what Holy666 wants to know.
 
Back
Top