GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
( ... as long as nothing touches cotton ... fart away. )
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
My R75 was very smooth and a comfortable ride. I rented a R1200 GS in Texas a few years ago and found it equally comfortable. The piston movement of the boxer layout effectively cancels any annoying vibration.dbarkdoll_imp said:Question for those of you that have ridden a boxer twin, as I have not. Are the engine vibrations less than your average V-twin/parallel twin? Isn’t that kinda the whole point of the boxer design? I suppose it varies from bike to bike, but overall.
never thought back to my CB when riding my current so called L twinoffroadfx4_imp said:I considered a 1200 when searching for a true sport touring bike.....but after being spoiled by the smoothness of the CBs in-line four I just couldn't see myself happy with a twin....so I went for the k1600 6 cyl.
It is a big heavy bike that is only happy when it's moving....but once rolling it's a dream.
If they fall over....IMHO That's what insurance is for....minus the $500 deductible :-(
never thought back to my CB when riding my current so called L twinRiko_imp said:never thought back to my CB when riding my current so called L twinoffroadfx4_imp said:I considered a 1200 when searching for a true sport touring bike.....but after being spoiled by the smoothness of the CBs in-line four I just couldn't see myself happy with a twin....so I went for the k1600 6 cyl.
It is a big heavy bike that is only happy when it's moving....but once rolling it's a dream.
If they fall over....IMHO That's what insurance is for....minus the $500 deductible :-(
That twin is so smooth its pefect for days of touring and crusing, if you want.
Because, it can be brutal at the same time.
Never ridden the S1000XR 4 cylinder, but its notorious for its vibrations...
Twins are buzy and 4 cylinders are smooth doesn't apply all the time every time, imo.

True, that its a powerfull enough bike, no doubt.GoldOxide_imp said:The CB is plenty enough fast for everyday enjoyment. Bad or good, there hasn't been a day or night when called upon it didn't put out.

But costly nonetheless.GoldOxide_imp said:I don't doubt. Interesting engine those Duc's.
