Blind Spot Mirrors?

HikerToo_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
On all my vehicles, including past motorcycles I have always put a blind spot mirror on both sides, I've always used a rectangle wedge type one....don't think that will work or look so well on the CB's round mirrors, has anyone found one they can recommend?
I've also noticed on the CB that an entire car can be next to me and not show up in my mirrors! And on motorcycles I do not like to have to turn my entire head around to check my sides as something can happen in front of me at that split second....
 
I always do a head check... I agree that something can happen in that split second but I usually give myself enough space to properly head check. I guess it is something that stuck with me from the MSF training...???

Wonder though if a smaller blind spot mirror could be mounted just below the stock mirrors? A clip on type? Just a thought...

Have you tried different adjustments of your mirrors so that a vehicle next to you is seen in some part in your mirror? I seem to catch vehicles to my side in the mirror. Maybe I don't have them adjusted the same....

edit:

Just found these on a quick search, interesting and they claim to be for motorcycles also...

Amazon.com
 
I learned a long time ago to always adjust your outside mirrors on your car to minimize your blind spot. As such, I do the same with my motorcycles. While riding, I make it a habit to look into the mirror to watch my back and when at the light. I also do a head check when changing lanes and have the mirrors as an added safety.
 
ron1100_imp said:
I learned a long time ago to always adjust your outside mirrors on your car to minimize your blind spot. As such, I do the same with my motorcycles. While riding, I make it a habit to look into the mirror to watch my back and when at the light. I also do a head check when changing lanes and have the mirrors as an added safety.
If you ever rode a rigid mount Sportster the head check is your mirrors. The vibration is so severe that the mirrors are useless. I am such a habit of doing it I dont know if I will ever get out of the habit now.
 
Thread starter
I never turn my head to switch lanes. ( at least in the daytime)
Between the regular and blind spot mirrors, I can see everything I need, and trust it.
 
I've adjusted my mirrors so that they are closer to me, right above my hands. I like it better for several reasons: It widens the unobstructed view between the mirrors, being further back reduces their impact on the airflow around my head and being closer to my head increases the size of the visible landscape behind and to the side.

This works for me and my individual geometry, YMMV.
 
Greg_imp said:
I've adjusted my mirrors so that they are closer to me, right above my hands. I like it better for several reasons: It widens the unobstructed view between the mirrors, being further back reduces their impact on the airflow around my head and being closer to my head increases the size of the visible landscape behind and to the side.

This works for me and my individual geometry, YMMV.
where were they to start with? My mirror arms are parallel to the grips which puts them almost right above hands. Isn't that where they're supposed to be?
 
Deanohh, whoever prepped my bike installed the mirrors somewhat forward of the hand grips, maybe an inch or so. I moved them just to the rear of the handgrips, so they're now almost 2 inches closer to my eyeballs. It made a big difference for me, but it sounds like your prep was done more carefully than mine.

I looked at a bunch of other peoples' pics and some definitely have the mirrors a bit forward of the handgrips.
 
I had to walk out to the garage and see where my mirrors were lol. They are right over the hand grips.
 
Back
Top