Black or White engine, which one you prefer

cbdtran_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I admit the white engine on the '14 CB1100 grows on me just because it looks clean all the time. My black engine looks good until it get dirty, the black paint now loose somewhat some luster and it continue to do so and black color show all the dirts

some of you have both '13 and '14 dlx, which engine paint you like better?
 
Silver (which is what you mean by white, I think) is closer to the natural color of the engine. It also sets of the colors of the bike as well. With black, you get too much black no matter what, in my opinion. Black engine, trans, seat, grips, tires.
 
Black engine on the 2013 isn't too bad. Clutch and crackcase covers are silver. I added silver sprocket cover and enginer hanger to brighten things up. Still I prefer the all silver engine and shiny headers on the 2014 Deluxe
 
I like the black, but I did add the chrome chainguard to brighten up the left side some.
 
I Like the silver motor, although since i put a black Yoshi and matte black side cover the black is growing on me.
 
I prefer the silver of the 14 with the red tank most but the all black 14 looks mean and I like it. I'm sort of in between with my 13 engine.
 
Silver hands down, I'd want it either all black or all silver, but i do not like the black head, silver cams/covers...but the silver engine does it for me perfectly
 
Initially, Cormanus's Black tank and all silver motor is what I really liked and I like the black cylinder treatment on other models as well, (which I think would have looked even better on the Aussie Black CB), yet I can stare at my Black motor all day. I can't make up my mind anymore! Thanks a lot cbdtran...next
 
Red tank with the black engine is my personal favorite although red works well with the silver engine as well. The black or blue tanks look best with the silver engines. The white and silver tanks look best with the black engine. All my personal opinion of course.
 
Is the silver a coating, like the black, that can come off at some point, or is the silver just all metal?
Actually, when I bought mine, guess I was so excited, I thought they all were silver engines based on what pictures I saw on the internet, realized later some were black...I like the silver, seems more retro.
 
I very much prefer the silver engine and wheels.
I even bought the silver wheels for my 2013 from Mr. T and will put them on when the tires need replacing.
I will go to a radial and probably a 150 widt.
Most tire companies recommend a max of 150 on a 4 inch rim.
There is a difference between having a bias or radial tire on a certain size rim.
Metzeler brochures mentions a quarter inch difference in the max rim.
I think that a bias tire can be squeezed on a narrower rim than a radial with less distortion.
I will look into the different tires available for our bikes.
Avons are on my CB1000 and I do like them.
 
Hiker. The silver is paint. But it's silver by metal. It can flake and peel with age but it will still be a dull looking silver.
 
Guth_imp said:
Red tank with the black engine is my personal favorite although red works well with the silver engine as well. The black or blue tanks look best with the silver engines. The white and silver tanks look best with the black engine. All my personal opinion of course.
+1, I like the contrast, the silver engine looks pretty good with a black or red tank, but I really do like the blacked-out engine with the red tank. It looks bad-ass.
 
Back
Top