Bike shows/Winter

CA200_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Since winter has set in (at least up here in Wi.) I thought I would
start a thread about the bike shows
Home
They started a while ago and I think some one said they had been to one and Honda showed the 2013 CB1100.
I have always gone to the Chicago show every year except for the
years I was in Biss. then I vended at Chicago for 10 years and once in
Cleveland ,but that is another story in it's self.
It is something I always look forward to , it is a real break in a bad winter.
I have one friend who stoped going because he thought they had gone down hill -
Anybody gone to some ? Do you plan on going? Thoughts -
 
I've only been to one motorcycle show, must have been 25 years ago, but then I'm not one to hang around people just because they ride motorcycles too, although there is a motorcycle show coming to Wash DC next week, I could sell it to my wife as a chance top spend the night in DC, eat at some nice restaurants ...and....go to the bile show.
 
Haven't been to a show in a long time. Usually too many people for me. I call them cattle shows. You are shuffled like cattle up and down the aisles. I hate that.
 
Went to the Novi show yesterday and it was well attended by general public and more MC exhibiters than in the past. Looked at most makes, but was interested in Sport-tourer and found that Yamaha FJR1300ES and New BMW R1200RT very interesting. There are lot of refinements in the Adventure-Tourer category from all the manufactures. Altought I like many of the bikes, I am looking for NT700 replacement with sub-liter V-4 motor. I am coming from ST1100/ ST1300 growing up generation . Therefore, CB1100 offers some attraction until Yamaha builds FJR type of bike with the new triple motor.
John
 
Looks interesting. It's here in Phoenix in about 3 weeks. I'll have to get a hold of my riding/flying buddies and see if there's any interest in taking a ride across town to have a look.

Around here, "across town" is an 85 mile roundtrip, so it's like actually going somewhere :P
 
I meet with some fellows in the AZ Café Racer (aka the AZ Café Eaters - half of them are foodies) and that bunch, along with a splinter group from Prescott is meeting up at the show in Phoenix (Glendale) so I plan on being there. Last time was about five years ago - and I had not yet bought a bike for my reentry into riding.

I think we're planning on meeting for lunch or something but no plans yet. Since I've never seen another CB1100 in the flesh in Phoenix yet maybe we could arrange a meet there.
 
The only shows we have in my area are the easy riders show. It basically choppers and custom stuff. They have a show in Nashville on Feb 1st of this year so I will probably go with my crazy buddy that is in to that sort of stuff. I am mainly going to look at the hot women and accesssories. ;)

I dont recall ever having just a regular motorcycle show in the Indy, Louisville, Nashville area.
 
I will most likely go to the one in Glendale. That's the weekend before my wedding, but I should still be able to swing it.
 
I will be going to the Glendale show, Prolly 1st thing Sat morning. I'm mostly wanting to check out the CTX1300, it looks like it was custom made made for me. There will also be demo's in Glendale.
 
Rboe_imp said:
I meet with some fellows in the AZ Café Racer (aka the AZ Café Eaters - half of them are foodies) and that bunch, along with a splinter group from Prescott is meeting up at the show in Phoenix (Glendale) so I plan on being there. Last time was about five years ago - and I had not yet bought a bike for my reentry into riding.

I think we're planning on meeting for lunch or something but no plans yet. Since I've never seen another CB1100 in the flesh in Phoenix yet maybe we could arrange a meet there.
I forgot to check my work schedule today to see if I'm free for sure. If so, we'll probably be going on Saturday the 25th. I'll keep you posted.
 
I went to the Progressive Cycle World show in Atlanta in November. I go every year... and enjoy it. It's a great place to see all the new bikes, and all the brands, in one place.
 
I plan to hit the DC show this weekend. Probably Sunday. Nothing better to do. The wife is going out of town and I've got a free ticket.
 
Got to the DC show last weekend. Drove to Rockville and took the Metro into the city. Nice way to do it.

The DC convention center is impressive and the show was very nicely done. Room to get around and organized.

Most of the manufacturers were represented only notable absence was MotoGuzzi.

Saw the new Valkyrie and the CTX 1300 both very nice motorcycles but neither of the bikes impressed me enough for me to spend my own money on them. I've got a really really nice 2002 Valkyrie and while I can appreciate the modern technology and the advantages of the new Valk. I really am not blown away with the esthetics. Hard to justify the money difference

It will be interesting to see how the CTX does for Honda. My thinking is many will buy the six cylinder bikes the F6B and the Wing over the CTX.

Still think Honda needs to reintroduce the Magna
 
I think you'll find the CTX1300 to be an impressive bike. Just not sure how it will be seen by the buying public. The wing has much more luggage and passenger space (for touring) the F6B also muddies the water some for the CTX. I suppose the "riding" might tell the tale.

It will be interesting. To tell the truth for the riding I do the CTX 700 makes more sense then any of the bikes mentioned (and I'd save about $10,000 to boot).
 
I'm looking to the CTX1300 because of being a lighter tourer, I getting weaker in my old age, hoping the big CTX will be easy to manage, I would prefer a full boat Goldwing over anything, just to much for me now, I think I would be good back on a wing but why take the chances. big window and top box on that CTX and I'm on my way! I have an NC700 and its great and the small CTX would fit me fine but I need a little more throttle occasionally.
 
soggybottom_imp said:
I'm looking to the CTX1300 because of being a lighter tourer, I getting weaker in my old age, hoping the big CTX will be easy to manage, I would prefer a full boat Goldwing over anything, just to much for me now, I think I would be good back on a wing but why take the chances. big window and top box on that CTX and I'm on my way! I have an NC700 and its great and the small CTX would fit me fine but I need a little more throttle occasionally.
The CTX1300 might then be the perfect bike for you. It's nicely balanced and a bit less of a handful then the Wing. I am just not riding long distances and am considering down sizing the number of bikes and the size of those I keep. A CTX700 probably makes a lot of sense for me. It does lack a little in the excitement factor perhaps.

At my age excitement is probably best had in small amounts.
 
I'm with Ferret on the shows being "cattle shows". I usually hate crowds, but I do enjoy the Motorcycle Show in Chicago. The show is close to home and I usually go with my riding friends and we have dinner/drinks before and/or after the show which probably contribute greatly to my enjoyment.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
I'm with Ferret on the shows being "cattle shows". I usually hate crowds, but I do enjoy the Motorcycle Show in Chicago. The show is close to home and I usually go with my riding friends and we have dinner/drinks before and/or after the show which probably contribute greatly to my enjoyment.
They are what they are. I spent three times as long traveling back and forth as I did at the show. I wanted to get out to the house drive the new to me car and just "check out" the bikes. It would have be a lot more fun with a friend. All of my buddies happened to be either out of town or not interested in motorcycles in the least.

I don't often go but this time for that lack of anything better.... I did.
 
Back
Top