Bike Show

1100rider_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Going to the Chicago Motorcycle Show this afternoon. Trying to beat all of the crowds before the weekend. I want to check out the Ducati Scrambler and Indian Scout. No money for either one but looking is free.
 
Look for Empty Sea he should be there
 
Have fun! I enjoyed the show when it was in Long Beach. I'm interested to learn your impressions of both those bikes. Also, beware of iPad wielding Ducati models! Consider yourself warned.
 
I thought the Ducati Scrambler was a little small when I sat on it at the show last October. Seemed similar in size to the T100... I prefer to sit on something a bit more substantial and the CB1100 fits the bill quite well.
 
Thread starter
I was not impressed with the Ducati Scrambler but did like the Indian Scout. Seemed to be priced reasonably for what you get. I did get a gear indicator for the CB. I was convinced to get it when I found out it is plug and play installation. There was a 20percent show discount on the pricing.
 
1100rider_imp said:
I was not impressed with the Ducati Scrambler but did like the Indian Scout. Seemed to be priced reasonably for what you get. I did get a gear indicator for the CB. I was convinced to get it when I found out it is plug and play installation. There was a 20percent show discount on the pricing.
I had similar reactions when I saw the bikes. I was disappointed with the Scrambler and thought the Scout looked pretty good. The squared off fenders on the Scout didn't exactly square with me though.

The 2014 CB11 has a gear indicator. I didn't realize the '13 did not. Most of the bikes I've owned haven't had one and, of course, we all get good at knowing what gear we're in by feel but, once you have it, I find it rather convenient and I'm glad it's there.
 
I liked both bikes. One of the Honda guys said that there would be a 2015 CB1100 in the US, but I remain unconvinced.
 
Only similar in that they are cruisers and both brands are owned by Polaris and that both are arguably better alternatives to their similarly displaced counterparts from Harley-Davidson.

As to the DLX, if the Honda guy was correct, and I'm doubtful of that, and they are bringing a 2015 CB1100 to the U.S. market, I would suspect that only the DLX will be offered. Again, though, that's all speculation on my part.

Had fun at the show and I'll post a few pics (not many) a bit later.
 
Agree, I have my doubts about a 2015 CB1100, even the Honda 2015 literature (sales brochures) only reference the 2014 Deluxe.

-Uberjason
 
Just got back to Wisconsin from Fl. and did get to the Bike show. Here are a few pictures.
Liked the Duc. Scrambler . ergo's were great. Looks FUN. But 10K.
Fell in love with the new 300 Yamaha and the new KTM390,fits me just right. The CB1100 was still # 008 like everywhere. Asked if anyone had seen the new KTM run and got a negative on that. Thought the custom SR400 US olive drab one was to much. Some others were great. - BMW ,Honda grom etc.
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
The boss thought the new Kaw. 650 cruiser did not meet her approval even with the pegs back as far as can be.
[/img]
The new FJ-9 was nice , sat like my old V-Strom . Tall.
 
What's with the can on the Duc Scrambler? Wouldn't that fill up with water if it were parked outside in the rain?
 
You should see an FJ-09 with a set of color matched bags from a 1300 FJR on it. ( bags go right on). Looks great. However when I sat on one I had to climb on by stepping on the footpeg and my leg on the other side dangled a good 10" off the ground. No way could I ride one. Too bad nice looking bike.
 
The ferret_imp said:
You should see an FJ-09 with a set of color matched bags from a 1300 FJR on it. ( bags go right on). Looks great. However when I sat on one I had to climb on by stepping on the footpeg and my leg on the other side dangled a good 10" off the ground. No way could I ride one. Too bad nice looking bike.
Same here Mickey. I'm sure there will be after market lowering links soon to help those of us who are vertically challenged. I lowered my Tiger 1050 by 20mm, front and rear. That bike had the same seat height as the FJ09 and with the suspension mods, I was able to get the balls of my feet on the ground.

I don't even pretend that I could ride a KTM comfortably. I think they're designed by ex-NBA players.
 
My nephew bought a 690 Duke and brought it over to show me. Offered me a ride. I declined. he insisted. So he held it up by the back of the bike, I climbed on put it in gear and let out the clutch and took off. Rode it around the neighborhood where I didn't have to stop, took it back and when I got to him I put on the brakes and he caught the bike and I climbed off. Crazy tall.

Reminded my of my sons first mini bike. he was 4 I think, turned 5 before spring hit. The Z 50 was too tall for him so we put a concrete block in the yard and he would climb on it, get on the bike and take off. he he stopped anywhere in the yard and jumped off the bike. He had to push it back to the concrete block to get back on. Lol
 
Flynrider_imp said:
What's with the can on the Duc Scrambler? Wouldn't that fill up with water if it were parked outside in the rain?
Exactly what I noticed and posted on a previous Scrambler thread ! I don't get it.
 
Back
Top