Bike show /CB

CA200_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Just back from the bike show , They had the 2014 but not the black
one. I will post a bunch of pic. tomorrow but wanted to get this one
up to tease ferret:P
Will also post my thoughts on the new bike.
[/img]
 
CA200_imp said:
Just back from the bike show , They had the 2014 but not the black
one. I will post a bunch of pic. tomorrow but wanted to get this one
up to tease ferret:P
Will also post my thoughts on the new bike.
[/img]
:rofl: :thumbsup:
 
It's not the same color red as the 2013 cb1100. I think you guys may want to know that before you buy the side covers. It has more purple in the red than our bikes. I, also, will be back at the show tommorow and I hope to have some better quality pics. Probably should have used the flash.
a12e56c5d9c3cafd36d4305f92e75617.jpg


b6b331247248f3cd3b0c3a0bbf6f2fc2.jpg


29bb413114026cda361b0aa8e88fecd0.jpg


a193f1dd32e5825463d7703f24d44c82.jpg
 
SanPete_imp said:
It looks like you are ready to roll that one off the floor by the way you are pressing the clutch lever :biker:
I thought the same thing. The caption for that photo might read "If I can make my way past those few guys standing in front of me, I'd have a clear shot at the front door of this place."

EmptySea_imp said:
It's not the same color red as the 2013 cb1100. I think you guys may want to know that before you buy the side covers. It has more purple in the red than our bikes. I, also, will be back at the show tommorow and I hope to have some better quality pics. Probably should have used the flash.
a12e56c5d9c3cafd36d4305f92e75617.jpg


b6b331247248f3cd3b0c3a0bbf6f2fc2.jpg


29bb413114026cda361b0aa8e88fecd0.jpg


a193f1dd32e5825463d7703f24d44c82.jpg
Yes, assuming that it is the same color that is offered in Japan this year, I just noticed on the Honda Japan site that they are calling it "Candy Alizarin Red". I'm guessing that for those who are interested, samurider.com will have some options available in a number of colors..
 
I was thinking that it looked like a different red in a side by side comparison of the 13' and 14'
I had wrote it off to being two different cameras as the reason.
 
Wow thanks CA. I really love the red on the 13, I hope its the same quality and at least close in color.

Im pretty sure looking at the cut lines in the foam, its the same seat, but a different cover. Maybe the cover will be available.
 
Like the pipes, the wheels, ( not as much as I would like spoke wheels), the silver engine, the color coordinated side panels. Very Sharp.
 
Thanks for the photos... it looks great. How does it 'sit' relative to the 13? Does the seat feel higher? Does it feel about the same?
 
I noticed something about the new DLX I don't like as much as the 2013: The accent stripe on the tank. It's OK but I don't like it as much. Just yesterday, I was asking my friend what he thought about what it would look like if I didn't put the stripe back on after painting the tank black (before seeing it, I thought it would be like the old accent stripe). It would be less hassle and save $. Now I think I'll just leave it off. I'm thinking it would look OK. Or, I could have the 2013 stripe put back on.

Do you guys think it would look good without a stripe? Keep in mind it will be attached to a black sidecar.
 
ride4now_imp said:
Thanks for the photos... it looks great. How does it 'sit' relative to the 13? Does the seat feel higher? Does it feel about the same?
I thought it felt about the same, but I wasn't really paying attention to that when I sat on it, because a guy I know from my Honda dealer started talking to me. I'm going back today and I'll get a better impression, along with some better quality pics.

Ferret, I am not at all sure that the seat cover could be transferred to the old seat without modifying the cushioning. Maybe it's an optical illusion caused by the pattern on the new seat, but the shape looks different to me...more of a step up to the rear seat, I think.

As to the color, I liked it, but not as much as the 2013. The quality of the paint job was still there...there's a depth to both colors that is very appealing.
 
Emptysea..did the bars feel higher? I had read somewhere that the bars were 1" higher.

Is it more Maroonish then?

Is the stripe different in that there is only a black stripe on one side of the silver stripe?

Are the turn signals different?

Dang..i want to see it lol
 
The photos are great! I can see that the chain guard is still black. That means I will still get to use the chrome one I got from Mr. T. Woo Hoo!
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
Its funny how the silver engine is growing on me along with the wheels. Its a sweet looking piece that is for sure.
All the CB photos I saw before it was imported showed an all-silver engine. When mine arrived with the black engine I was really disappointed. But now I really like the black, and I think it will look good longer than the silver.

The 2014 base model's blacked out look is really cool. If I had the money I'd keep the '13 100% stock and buy a base '14 to turn into a badass cafe racer.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
OldF7Guy_imp said:
Its funny how the silver engine is growing on me along with the wheels. Its a sweet looking piece that is for sure.
All the CB photos I saw before it was imported showed an all-silver engine. When mine arrived with the black engine I was really disappointed. But now I really like the black, and I think it will look good longer than the silver.

The 2014 base model's blacked out look is really cool. If I had the money I'd keep the '13 100% stock and buy a base '14 to turn into a badass cafe racer.
When it comes to the engine, I like both the silver and the black with polished side covers For me its dependent on the color of the bike as it's a matter of contrast. On the darker colored bikes like the black and dark blue colors, I like the looks of the silver engine the best. With the white and silver colors I prefer the black engine with the polished side covers. The red colors work well with either of these engine finishes to my eyes.
Buffalohead_imp said:
I noticed something about the new DLX I don't like as much as the 2013: The accent stripe on the tank. It's OK but I don't like it as much. Just yesterday, I was asking my friend what he thought about what it would look like if I didn't put the stripe back on after painting the tank black (before seeing it, I thought it would be like the old accent stripe). It would be less hassle and save $. Now I think I'll just leave it off. I'm thinking it would look OK. Or, I could have the 2013 stripe put back on.

Do you guys think it would look good without a stripe? Keep in mind it will be attached to a black sidecar.
I think it would look fine either way. The beauty of having your bike repainted is that you could even choose to design your own accent stripe layout if you wanted to. In your case, I actually think that the shape of the DLX tank is going to better compliment the form of the zeppelin sidecar than the standard tank.
 
Hey it looks like the front master cylinder covers for the clutch and front brake polished as well on the DLX..cool


Wonder how your bike would look with hand painted coach lines in either silver or gold Buffalohead
 
Back
Top