Deanohh_imp
Been there
Is it verified that the 4-2 header is double wall?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
You can also search for images of "Cozy sidecar" or "Motorcycle with Cozy sidecar"... that's what I did.road dog_imp said:You can also search for images of "Cozy sidecar" or "Motorcycle with Cozy sidecar"... that's what I did.Buffalohead_imp said:I am going to have a DLX painted black, with no tank stripe. The sidecar I have that is going to be married to it is the Cozy Rocket. It's design is based on the old German Steib design. Mine looks much better because it is modified with better chrome strips instead of the grey aluminum ones. I also have nicer chrome lights which look better. BTW, I was surprised to find how sturdy and well made it is even though it's not overly heavy. And, considering the quality, the price is a bargain. Some high-priced S/C manufacturers talk down the Rocket as being low quality (because of the competitive value and good looks). NOT TRUE! The price is reasonable because where it's made and because it doesn't offer a lot of frills. I absolutely love my Rocket and will never sell it. It's going to look fantastic married to a black CB1100 DLX.Elipten_imp said:That all black tank with no stripe is very nice. The US all black bike is too black for me to be honest. Blue with spokes and I'd be buying a second bike, forget the trade. Maybe then I could put a sidecar on it for my son as that is what he wants badly.
If you would like to check out the Cozy Rocket, got to
Cycle Sidecar - Affordable Motorcycle Sidecars | Cycle Sidecar
![]()
I've never had the pleasure of owning a BMW, but I'm sure over time yours had reached upper operating temps on more than a few occasions. I agree it's not an issue worth losing sleep over, but can become somewhat of an aesthetic issue. I'm more familiar with heat discoloration issues on the new Triumph Bonnevilles. And had my exhaust turned an even shade of blue, like a lot of others did, I doubt it would have bothered me. But after just a handful of rides in the Texas heat, mine were going a rainbow of different colors. From blue, to purple, to gold... a pretty wheat color and an ugly piss-stain shade of yellow.Buffalohead_imp said:I rode BMW's for eons. Except for a few (bad) late model bikes, they were all from the 60's and 70's. I NEVER let it sit still and run for long. BMW's run cooler than most air-cooled bikes and the pipes always turned blue. We never worried about it.road dog_imp said:To attempt an answer to your question... the discoloration is just a normal characteristic of single wall exhaust pipes on an air-cooled, internal combustion engine. It really only means exhaust temps have reached "Holy $#%* that's hot!" at least a time or two. Guys that like to go to the garage and start their bike every morning then go back inside to get geared up and whatnot, usually end up a good bit of discoloration. I've also noticed that dealer demo bikes can tend to have a lot. Just let your motor sit idle for 20 or 30 mins on a hot summer day if you'd like to get a good jump on the whole process... but please don't.Headbanger02_imp said:How many miles did it take to get those pipes that color, curious....have they been cleaned at all......coming from somebody who only has about 20 miles on his own bike so far.....come on spring, please....
The best option to deal with discolored exhaust pipes for a lazy, semi-anal retentive like myself was ceramic coating my pipes black. If I happen to end up with a standard model CB11 (think I recall someone saying the new DLX will have double wall pipes) there's a good chance I'd do a silver ceramic coating... rather, I'd "have it done".

I've never had the pleasure of owning a BMW, but I'm sure over time yours had reached upper operating temps on more than a few occasions. I agree it's not an issue worth losing sleep over, but can become somewhat of an aesthetic issue. I'm more familiar with heat discoloration issues on the new Triumph Bonnevilles. And had my exhaust turned an even shade of blue, like a lot of others did, I doubt it would have bothered me. But after just a handful of rides in the Texas heat, mine were going a rainbow of different colors. From blue, to purple, to gold... a pretty wheat color and an ugly piss-stain shade of yellow.Buffalohead_imp said:I rode BMW's for eons. Except for a few (bad) late model bikes, they were all from the 60's and 70's. I NEVER let it sit still and run for long. BMW's run cooler than most air-cooled bikes and the pipes always turned blue. We never worried about it.road dog_imp said:To attempt an answer to your question... the discoloration is just a normal characteristic of single wall exhaust pipes on an air-cooled, internal combustion engine. It really only means exhaust temps have reached "Holy $#%* that's hot!" at least a time or two. Guys that like to go to the garage and start their bike every morning then go back inside to get geared up and whatnot, usually end up a good bit of discoloration. I've also noticed that dealer demo bikes can tend to have a lot. Just let your motor sit idle for 20 or 30 mins on a hot summer day if you'd like to get a good jump on the whole process... but please don't.Headbanger02_imp said:How many miles did it take to get those pipes that color, curious....have they been cleaned at all......coming from somebody who only has about 20 miles on his own bike so far.....come on spring, please....
road dog, It's not just you. While the CB wears many colors very well, and I think different colors bring out different aspects of the design, the exact combination in that photo is, to my eye, the most sophisticated. The combination of rich silvers with black engine is mesmerizing. It's beautiful.road dog_imp said:Didn't want to go there at first, but at the mention of a blue bike, it got me thinking about it again so here goes. Now don't get me wrong, I actually kinda like the new deeper shade of red on the deluxe model, and I'm really glad we'll have the choice of different models. But, (and here comes my rant) I'm just a little disappointed by the fact we'll still have no real choice of color... from the factory that is. I mean, with all the different tank colors and various combinations of silver and black parts used across the different regions, would it really be that difficult to offer a couple of different colors? Don't most of Honda's other street bike come in two colors? I know some are limited to just your basic black or spiffy Honda red, but it still qualifies as a choice (rant over).
Personally I would have loved a silver or white bike. And with all the pre-release hype and studio shots of white CB11s everywhere, I kept getting my hopes up to ultimately get one. First in 2013. Then again this year with even juicier glamour shots of the white European EX model... veeery classy looking! But of all the varied (and seemingly somewhat random) paint, wheel, and engine block configurations that I've seen to date, I keep going back to stare at this one; silver tank, grey side covers and accent stripe, with half blacked out wheels and a half blacked out engine. Not sure what market this bike was for, but Lord have mercy! Is that a thing of beauty, or is it just me?
![]()
Dean that's what my dealer said back on Jan 21Deanohh_imp said:Is it verified that the 4-2 header is double wall?
My CB100 has done around 6400 kms (4000 miles). I bought it second hand at around 1300 miles and the pipes were already discoloured. I don't think they've got much worse. I've thought about cleaning them—there's plenty of advice on this site about how to do it well—but I suspect it will become a never-ending chore. I like the bike to be clean, but I'm not obsessive, and I'm a bit lazy to boot. Like Pterodactyl, I refuse to be a slave to the bike's beauty.Headbanger02_imp said:How many miles did it take to get those pipes that color, curious....have they been cleaned at all......coming from somebody who only has about 20 miles on his own bike so far.....come on spring, please....
My CB100 has done around 6400 kms (4000 miles). I bought it second hand at around 1300 miles and the pipes were already discoloured. I don't think they've got much worse. I've thought about cleaning them—there's plenty of advice on this site about how to do it well—but I suspect it will become a never-ending chore. I like the bike to be clean, but I'm not obsessive, and I'm a bit lazy to boot. Like Pterodactyl, I refuse to be a slave to the bike's beauty.Cormanus_imp said:My CB100 has done around 6400 kms (4000 miles). I bought it second hand at around 1300 miles and the pipes were already discoloured. I don't think they've got much worse. I've thought about cleaning them—there's plenty of advice on this site about how to do it well—but I suspect it will become a never-ending chore. I like the bike to be clean, but I'm not obsessive, and I'm a bit lazy to boot. Like Pterodactyl, I refuse to be a slave to the bike's beauty.Headbanger02_imp said:How many miles did it take to get those pipes that color, curious....have they been cleaned at all......coming from somebody who only has about 20 miles on his own bike so far.....come on spring, please....
I guess I should add that I don't ride the bike hard. It still gets damned hot though.
I am, though, full of admiration for all of you who keep their headers looking so good. It's a damned shame the early CB100s didn't have double-walled pipes.


but am not sure about the bright orange though it's almost '72 CB750 style.