bigger fairing

Jim_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
So, I've been thinking about a fairing for my CB1100. And I've seen a few on the web, like the Emgo in the other thread and some others like it. And they're cool, but I was hoping to find something a little bigger, something that'll push a little more air off.

I've seen the bigger clear plastic ones, but those don't really pull my trigger. Any of you guys know of something?
 
Then there is mine. Take one of the big clear plastic fairings, cut 6" off the top, and paint the inside black.

7469a0f7e9332554e87d4912aad5b8cd.jpg
 
aschem_imp said:
Try Rifle fairings
http://rifle.com/Motorcycle-Fairings/Rifle-Fairings.aspx

I've thought about getting one
Rifle does not offer a fitment for thye 2013-14 CB100. Below is the email exchange I had with them.

Sorry we don't.

800-262-1237 US and Canada
805-466-5880 International
Hours 8am-5pm PST
http://rifle.com

On 4/26/2016 1:06 PM, silver90 wrote:
> Comment: Good afternoon. You list a sport fairing for a Honda CB1100 , but it appears to be an older model. Do you offer a fitment for the new 2013-2014 model year CB1100?
 
You may want to try Parabellum. I have the Dart Marlin windscreen and I really like it but it would be nice to have a bigger fairing when it is cold out. Here is there web sight. Parabellum LTD They do make a fairing specific for the CB1100's
 
I believe the sport fairing is intended to be a "universal" fit. The following is an excerpt from the installation instructions- "The RIFLE system of interchangeable headlight inserts and exclusive
forkleg/top triple clamp mounting enables the RIFLE fairing to fit almost
any motorcycle." It would be interesting to see one mounted to a CB.
 
TCinNC_imp said:
I believe the sport fairing is intended to be a "universal" fit. The following is an excerpt from the installation instructions- "The RIFLE system of interchangeable headlight inserts and exclusive
forkleg/top triple clamp mounting enables the RIFLE fairing to fit almost
any motorcycle." It would be interesting to see one mounted to a CB.
And it a few hundred cheaper than a painted and tinted Parabellum $809 (ouch) vs a Rifle Sport painted black and tinted $486
I'm pretty sure I could get it to fit my bike. Just not sure if I want to turn my CB into a tour bike. Maybe if I sold my MG I would do this set-up.
 
aschem_imp said:
TCinNC_imp said:
I believe the sport fairing is intended to be a "universal" fit. The following is an excerpt from the installation instructions- "The RIFLE system of interchangeable headlight inserts and exclusive
forkleg/top triple clamp mounting enables the RIFLE fairing to fit almost
any motorcycle." It would be interesting to see one mounted to a CB.
And it a few hundred cheaper than a painted and tinted Parabellum $809 (ouch) vs a Rifle Sport painted black and tinted $486
I'm pretty sure I could get it to fit my bike. Just not sure if I want to turn my CB into a tour bike. Maybe if I sold my MG I would do this set-up.
And it a few hundred cheaper than a painted and tinted Parabellum $809 (ouch) vs a Rifle Sport painted black and tinted $486
I'm pretty sure I could get it to fit my bike. Just not sure if I want to turn my CB into a tour bike. Maybe if I sold my MG I would do this set-up.
That's very true, there's a major price difference between the Rifle and Parabellum.
 
I had the NC Street Shield EX and liked it, but the noise was terrible. It was better naked. It blocked wind off my chest, but even after the cutdowns, it was too bad.

I opted for the Slipstreamer Spirit. 21.5 inches tall. Wind goes about an inch over my helmet. That's the good news. Bad news is :
Wash from the bottom sides blows my shirt up at 60
Tight fit over the speedo/tach - shield pushes back at speed into the instruments and rubs paint off.
Otherwise, no bugs in my teeth and I can hear myself think. I'll keep it on for a while and protect the speedo/tach with some rubber.

 
Back
Top